Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Angthoron

Arcane
We need a subforum about DU first.

Angthoron

Arcane
Maybe I'm not satisfied by the number of subforums dedicated to His Underlordishness! :M

Nim

Augur
Totally forgot about server locations. The nearest for DU would be in Singapore because apparently server costs in NZ and AUS are way too expensive. So you're likely looking at shitty latency to which their bad netcode doesn't help either.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Totally forgot about server locations. The nearest for DU would be in Singapore because apparently server costs in NZ and AUS are way too expensive. So you're likely looking at shitty latency to which their bad netcode doesn't help either.
Speaking of bad netcode, is there somewhere else I can download the beta from? I'm downloading it through the client. 4 GB download, no pause option, no speed controls, so it's sucking up my internet connection. I closed the box (only option) thinking I'd be able to restart later... only to find that upon re-starting, it starts downloading the entire thing again from 0%. WTF?

Do these guys know how to actually code computers or is this game just a sham with some screenshots and a vid?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Speaking of bad netcode, is there somewhere else I can download the beta from? I'm downloading it through the client. 4 GB download, no pause option, no speed controls, so it's sucking up my internet connection. I closed the box (only option) thinking I'd be able to restart later... only to find that upon re-starting, it starts downloading the entire thing again from 0%. WTF?

Do these guys know how to actually code computers or is this game just a sham with some screenshots and a vid?

Nope. And the client download is always slow as fuck. Worse still is the "allocating space..." or some such shit that can take up to 30 minutes on larger patches. No idea what the patcher thingy is doing...

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
if anyone wishes to have a go and cannot wait, do let me know, i got an account you could have..they do not sotre anything of note data wise, so it is only a matter of changing my pass

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Ok, I need an alternative download option. The client just failed halfway through and I've got no intention of starting again from scratch and downloading another 2 GB just to see if that happens again. :/

GG Rex

Educated
I hope they remove the "regal factory" possibility by open beta. I'm against p2w on principle.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Ok, I need an alternative download option. The client just failed halfway through and I've got no intention of starting again from scratch and downloading another 2 GB just to see if that happens again. :/
Do you need to start from scratch? I think I had a power failure or something when I got the client and it picked up again where it left off.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Do you need to start from scratch?
Well, it does. Twice now. First time I closed it, then re-opened and it started from scratch. Second time it bugged out with some kind of error message about missing .dll and then re-started again. So fuck it.

empi

Augur
anyone wanna make a codex party for the race today/upcoming races?

Xi

Arcane
These guys have already secured millions of dollars (are from aussie) and have a fully playable game (going into beta soon). I think this is the next best Hack'n'slash on the market. I dropped 15 bucks on it. Just a character builder, loot grinding game if you are into that.

empi

Augur
anyone wanna make a codex party for the race today/upcoming races?

I'm in for this type of thing but only after the 23rd. I'm playing other games while I wait for the open beta. I'm a whore for keeping my characters outside of the races.

Yeah sure, i've been playing a bit to refresh my mind before open beta starts, but would be good to have a group of people for partying with etc. when open beta hits. To people who haven't tried it yet, open beta is coming on the 23rd Jan, and should be pretty damn fun.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
No, Diablo 3 is a piece of shit. That's a whole separate category.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom