Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
No more well rolled uniques, unless you get extremely lucky.

It's for sure going to make unique pricing interesting on trade. Might actually make it cheaper to get some builds started if poorly rolled expensive uniques get cheaper.

Getting max rolled expensive uniques though is for sure gonna be a lot harder.
I'm looking forward to watching some trade cuck clicking Divines on his Mageblood and it keeps missing the 4 flasks roll, lmao.

That and also the general drop rate of uniques is going to be lower. I wonder what will happen to Gwennen. I kinda hope she remains unchanged, because she's my only hope now. But if they don't nerf her rates, she'll probably become the de facto source for all uniques even in trade.

abija

Prophet
For an entire 3 weeks. Then all the tryhards who run out of content in D4 will try out PoE/PoE2 Beta and will never look back. Just like it happened after the D3 launch.

D3 launch? PoE entered open beta and got act 3 almost a year after D3 launched. It got act 4 and implemented lockstep 1 year after D3 expansion. I got some friends to stick with it some patches later, when lockstep got polished enough.
No, most people didn't go from D3 to PoE and never looked back because PoE was a buggy/clunky mess super hard to swallow and had less content than D3.

Blizzard has the marketing dollars and the brand recognition, but they simply can't into good game design anymore. Nor do they care about their players.

Seems like it. But GGG sure seems to be working hard at fucking up their own game. Instead of using the absolute monopoly they have atm to polish the game and remove the only chance D4 has to grab players, they keep on piling up junk.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Seems like it. But GGG sure seems to be working hard at fucking up their own game. Instead of using the absolute monopoly they have atm to polish the game and remove the only chance D4 has to grab players, they keep on piling up junk.
"The vision" of what PoE should be according to GGG is completely at odds with what the game has actually become.

In the sense that they're making it worse, a lot of it is intentional.

Which makes the harvest changes very confusing to me: they seem like a pretty strong step to deterministic crafting, after predictable effort, which runs counter to most of their design lately. Probably there's some catch.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Which makes the harvest changes very confusing to me: they seem like a pretty strong step to deterministic crafting, after predictable effort, which runs counter to most of their design lately. Probably there's some catch.
None of the crafting became more deterministic. If anything, the change to Augs now working like Aisling Slam makes it less deterministic.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
D3 launch? PoE entered open beta and got act 3 almost a year after D3 launched. It got act 4 and implemented lockstep 1 year after D3 expansion. I got some friends to stick with it some patches later, when lockstep got polished enough.
No, most people didn't go from D3 to PoE and never looked back because PoE was a buggy/clunky mess super hard to swallow and had less content than D3.
My bad. D3 was such a nothing burger to me that I barely remembered when it came out. I do remember big streamers like Alkaizer and Empyrian switching over from D3.

But GGG sure seems to be working hard at fucking up their own game.
I'll make sure to inform Chris of this. He'll clear out his schedule, create a codex account and ask you for your input in this thread.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
None of the crafting became more deterministic. If anything, the change to Augs now working like Aisling Slam makes it less deterministic.
All crafts now being available all the time at a set cost instead of needing to be randomly "looted" from an encounter makes it more determinstic, no?

Don't know what you mean by augs, must have missed that info.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
All crafts now being available all the time at a set cost instead of needing to be randomly "looted" from an encounter makes it more determinstic, no?

From what I gather, they've made the harvest crafts more random in what they provide. Seems like there is far more of a gamble involved with most of the options now.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

What you did before: kept item in your stash until you found a "Reforge More Likely" craft to use it on.
What you're going to do now: Keep item in your stash until you have enough Life Force to use a "Reforge More Likely" on it.

The crafting itself still remains rng. The only thing that is more deterministic, is what you spend your Life Force on. When you will get to craft is still rng as well, since you can't control when you get a Harvest and what colour the plots are going to have in that harvest and how much Life Force they will drop. We could very well end up in a situation where we are getting way less crafts per map on average due to the changes. Not to mention the increased cost of meta modding.

The "Augs" were the super rare crafts that were the main reason for that TFT Discord and all the drama and whining. It's was like a mod specific Exalt. Now it's an Exalt+Annul, so much less desirable.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You really think they'll drop from like 70 to 20?
That's what happened the last time there was virtually zero reason to use exalts for anything (Harvest League). Ex was moving somewhere around 25-30c in softcore.

Happy they finally decided to get rid of the rare-mob spam that was plaguing the game forever. It's been my main complaint for years and they finally decided to fix that garbage design. Maybe I'll stick around for more than 2-3weeks this time around.

Div/Ex change is whatever, just means you can slam mediocre 3-4mod items and throw them into the lake and maybe get something good (or you get something good from the slam).

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

Some of these Uniques seem completely busted. Equipping Ming's Heart, Sunblast, Covenant, Ralakesh's Impatience multiplies your damage on certain builds. If the rarity bump is sufficient, we might finally have a multitude of chase uniques in the game again.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
so whats going to happen with exalts exactly?
1660530008039.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Damn, when I thought I was done with PoE and over it, it brings me back with some new tits on display :(

This time those tits are changes to Archnemesis (both less rares and rewards)..

I know I am going to regret it like someone that got STD after a night with a hooker.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I'm considering playing this league (probably quit before yellow maps, like last league). New trickster seems fun, going to try for some kind of evasion/suppress/es venom gyre (poison for sure because poison builds are the most fun in PoE, and def not blade vortex as delivery mechanism) build. But I can't seem to muster up energy to try and build it, which seems like a sign I should skip this league.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
If you still think that there are going to be substantial improvements to trade, you haven't been paying attention.

Also: trade cucks, lmao.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
All they had to do is to implant a ye'olde MMORPG type market or AH...
They literally just announced that they removed the trade market on consoles and will be replaced by the trade site we have on PC.
We actively want to avoid trade being too fast and easy.
God forbid you actually want to exchange some currency without whispering 30 price fixers first.

And as proof that they release QoL improvements only as PR moves. They announced this change a few hours after the "Trade improvement" posted above in order to drown any bad publicity that the console change may have caused.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I wanted to play a Firestorm character but so far I have not found some tanky version.

Other option is new Trickster but I don't want to play BV and I don't know if I want to play more Ignite (especially since Elementalist seems way too good for anything Ignite). Since Trickster has no critical bonuses seems he can only work as DoT or some non crit build so I was thinking maybe going this new Shock thing. Shock Nova now guarantees shock and I can focus into shock efficiency. And defensively Trickster seems awesome, I always prefer defensive builds and I hate dying in PoE even if I don't play HC. Mixed Life/ES that goes CI or Low Life in end game. Overleech ES thing seems cool.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
. Since Trickster has no critical bonuses seems he can only work as DoT or some non crit build so I was thinking maybe going this new Shock thing.
690% more damage for the purposes of shocking does sound like a lot, but I have no idea if it would be sufficient to shock (map) bosses without ridonk gear(EDIT: PoB says, yeah, you can easily shock Sirus with a 4L if you use the new support and get some shock effect from the passive tree).

I am probably giving up on trickster poison, scaling poison dps is just 2 hard for anything that isn't a spammy assassin. Might do 3 skill lightning build trickster instead.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wanted to play a Firestorm character but so far I have not found some tanky version.

Ages ago I did a variant CI Scorching Ray CwC Fire Storm Ascendant. It was pretty tanky with some hit on e-shield leech very low on damage, facetanked even uber elder.
But shits changed a lot, dunno how viable it is now, especially since Fire Storm changed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
. Since Trickster has no critical bonuses seems he can only work as DoT or some non crit build so I was thinking maybe going this new Shock thing.
690% more damage for the purposes of shocking does sound like a lot, but I have no idea if it would be sufficient to shock (map) bosses without ridonk gear(EDIT: PoB says, yeah, you can easily shock Sirus with a 4L if you use the new support and get some shock effect from the passive tree).

I am probably giving up on trickster poison, scaling poison dps is just 2 hard for anything that isn't a spammy assassin. Might do 3 skill lightning build trickster instead.
I don't care about bosses, I just want to do up to t16 red maps without dying multiple times in each. And without needing to reroll mods 5 times per map before finding right combination that will not murder me even more.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Ages ago I did a variant CI Scorching Ray CwC Fire Storm Ascendant. It was pretty tanky with some hit on e-shield leech very low on damage, facetanked even uber elder.
But shits changed a lot, dunno how viable it is now, especially since Fire Storm changed.
Yea, except the whole point of playing Firestorm is to not stand still. I like how the skill looks and feels. You get this big boom and then smaller ones that are supposed to clean up the trash. If I need to stand still and channel it, what is the point :D

Gerrard

Arcane
Also, can we appreciate the scam GGG did on all the people who ever made Exalt divination cards.
:drink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom