Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
That's a real Christmas gift from GGG
8bzwxflvaq641.png

no lieutanants
no golden doors
glad I got last trial yesterday after getting 7+griefs out of 10 trials this week

I can't run the labyrinth yet. 5/6 trials. Also got trolled and repeated a trial once because I didn't know I was supposed to read their names.

Anyway, got 2 exalts from drops in the last 24h. One from a legion chest and another from a rare necro monster. The loot inflation is insane! Bought a soul taker at 1.2 exalt, sold that bow @ 2.8 exalt. Now I'm looking into selling Jack and I would be lucky to get 1c. Fucking lol.

I set my loot filter to strict. Everything is junk now, I guess chaos recipes oughta be profitable. 3 recipes and you can buy a full set of pre-maps gear, lol.

Razor

Arcane
This post confused me a lot until I realized that you didn't mean potions.

This is actually a kinda cool (but also really shit and I would be so mad in HC) emergent mechanic.

You didn't complain you could bleed mechanical enemies after all ;)

Okay, I have to correct myself. The first times I encountered this phenomenon it happened when I had just destroyed some clusters of barrels/pots without any mobs nearby. Turns out it was pure coincidence and the pots/barrels are not behind the reflect.

Did some testing in some Act 1 zones and turns out the interaction comes from the leech rate extending beyond my max life (Slayer Brutal Fervour node) BUT expiring before the bleed stacks expire (I use Crimson Dance). As soon as the leech stops The Golden Rule jewel reflects your full bleed at full force back at you. Might be unnoticeable with no Crimson Dance , since it gives you eight bleed stacks which extends to total bleed duration. Although I would not be surprised if mods like Temp chains dont effect max leech rate but they certainly extend the bleed duration which can turn regular bleed also deadly.

Its a pretty stressful interaction at its core - definitely needs a couple of remove bleed flasks on standby at all times. As soon as you stop leeching for even a couple of seconds you need to remove the bleed stacks ASAP, unless you want to pay chicken with yourself.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Got my last ascendacy points, even more explosions is nice, got my sweet revenge - stoopid beasts Metamorph spawns mobs around him to his own demise.
Sadly can't grab Malediction without respecing and can't do that.

Map drops are mixed, either you get a fistful in return or nothing at all.
Like seriously:
F4436385EA78480FF51611779550308665DB0C4E

You can experience the latest even in Zana mission to "Find Map Item".
This is nuts.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Are metamorph eye drops fixed yet?
They do drop but are p. rare compared to other parts.
Like you get 20 hearts, brains, livers and lungs before you get next eye.
There was one map that almost guarantee to give you eye but GGG silently fixed that "issue" too..

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
So...update on my learning the game. My char is lvl 89 now, I died a bunch of times in high tier maps and that forced me to learn some finer details of the game. DO quote and correct if I learned the "wrong" lesson:

• Stats aren't cost-effective. When looking for gear, +Life is preferable to +STR. Stats are only really worth it when you need to meet certain requirements for skill gems
  • Vaal Grace is amazing at keeping me alive. I have no idea how I played the game without it up until now. Whenever a game puts a percentage chance to "avoid all damage, lol", it's always fucking broken. No wonder Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics are so popular...
  • Not every gem receives useful effects from quality, lol.
  • Chestpieces with poor links are worthless. Don't even bother price-checking. Same with 2-handed weapons. People want 6-link ubber alles
  • I LITERALLY JUST LEARNED that I can't have 2 guard skills linked to "cast when damage taken support". I had an immortal call that NEVER triggered, lel
  • "Cast when damage taken" is sometimes useful at intentionally lower levels. I've seen some pretty interesting 2 + 2 link setup. 4 link gloves < 2 + 2 link?
  • Impale is KING. My killing potential skyrocketed once I specced my build towards 100% impale chance.
  • Vaal Warchief is another "lol" skill. Not sure if keeping 2 vaal skills is wise, tho
  • Attack speed should be considered individually when one is stacking ailments. The in-game interface REALLY sucks at calculating the damage of my char. PoB puts me at around 250k, BUT I've read somewhere that Impale isn't being taken into account. Fuck :(
  • Granite Flasks also scale with my char's armor scaling. LOL, no wonder Atziri kept face raping me, I didn't even have a granite flask in my belt.
  • Is "Le Heaup of All" the best ring in the game? I have two in my character simply because I can't figure out an upgrade. No rare ring boasts the same stats. My rings have almost maxed out rolls into everything.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
When looking for gear, +Life is preferable to +STR. Stats are only really worth it when you need to meet certain requirements for skill gems
This is basically true. Unless you are stacking the stats real high with percentual bonuses, you're mostly better off just getting the derived value directly.
PoB puts me at around 250k, BUT I've read somewhere that Impale isn't being taken into account. Fuck :(
Download the fork, which has impale support.

Is "Le Heaup of All" the best ring in the game? I have two in my character simply because I can't figure out an upgrade. No rare ring boasts the same stats. My rings have almost maxed out rolls into everything.
I think it's pretty shit. You'd get more resists and more life from a decent rare. 30% increased damage isn't much in the grand scheme of things either. I guess it's a good choice if you somehow need a lot of STR and DEX and INT.

Chestpieces with poor links are worthless. Don't even bother price-checking. Same with 2-handed weapons. People want 6-link ubber alles
At this point in standard league? I think literally everything that isn't end-game capable is basically worthless. In HC a chestpiece with good stats probably still has value, since someone might want to craft it to 5 or 6 link.

Granite Flasks also scale with my char's armor scaling. LOL, no wonder Atziri kept face raping me, I didn't even have a granite flask in my belt.
Granite flask and Diamond flask (if crit) are real mvps. Atziri unique flask is also great. There's value in the +3000 evasion and +10% dodge chance flasks as well, but not as much imo. In maps, in general, you should have 1-2 life flasks, and the rest as utility flasks (with bleed and freeze immunity, preferable curse immunity as well).

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
HOLY SHIT, POB ALLOWS ME TO CREATE HYPOTHETICAL ITEMS AS WELL!?

Lol, yeah, Imma spend the next 20h planning my upgrades. Later guise.

Edit: already found the chrome extension to import from poe.trade into pob. Holy shit!

Last edited:

janior

Arcane
Patron
impale got buffed:"Now grants supported skills -30% to Total Physical damage Reduction against Impale Hits at all gem levels" also its worth qual it for increased effect
vaal ancestral warchief is pretty good if u can get 4/5 link elder weapon to with it with culling strike/maim/ruthless especially that u can have 2 of them at the same time its nice for bosses
Le Heaup of All is decent but there are better rings since this one doesnt give u that much dps, look into steel rings but they are expensive, good ones are like 10-15~ex
also rings with level x vulnerability on hit are nice leaves u with more links on gear

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
also rings with level x vulnerability on hit are nice leaves u with more links on gear
Level x [curse] on hit is good, but not because it gives you more links, rather because it means you don't have to actively apply them leaving more time to do damage and less things to track in your head so you can pay attention to attack telegraphs.

janior

Arcane
Patron
well there are ways around mana reservation - enligthen, impresence probably few more options i dont know about but Id rather play around my mana res then self cast curses

Absinthe

Arcane
nah u just use blasphemy
That's really only good for melee since the area nerf, and uses up a lot of mana reservation which you could be using for another defense/offensive option.
True, but you can also get a massive amount of increased Area of Effect nowadays, and aura AoE nodes also affect Blasphemy. Take/anoint the Leadership notable and you've got 30% increased AoE on your blasphemy. Curse on Hit is usually preferable though. You can also do Blade Vortex + Curse on Hit + Curse + Increased Duration + Increased Area of Effect to regularly apply curses to everything around you without reserving mana. Radius is much smaller though.

Windshriek unique boots and Star of Wraeclast unique amulet also give +60% increased Curse AoE each.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gotta admit, I haven't seen any popular builds that manually cast curses for a very long time.

It's almost always Blasphemy or applied via a support skill + curse on hit. Blasphemy quality also gives increased effect of curses.

Mana res is rarely a problem thesedays. My necromancer runs discipline, blasphemy, dread banner and haste with a level 4 enlighten gem and the witch nodes that reduce mana res and give increased aura effect.

T. Reich

Arcane
Most offensive curses are a nice 7-10% more damage boost against bosses.

There's no need to apply offensive curses outside of that. Enfeeble and TC, though, you want to keep up at all times, so those are really good with blasphemy or curse on hit with main aoe skill.

Absinthe

Arcane
Gotta admit, I haven't seen any popular builds that manually cast curses for a very long time.
Direct casting is strictly worse than alternatives since the curse trigger gems give increased curse effect with quality. That said, direct casting curses is still a thing. You just do Curse + Increased Area of Effect + Spell Cascade + Faster Casting.

Most offensive curses are a nice 7-10% more damage boost against bosses.

There's no need to apply offensive curses outside of that. Enfeeble and TC, though, you want to keep up at all times, so those are really good with blasphemy or curse on hit with main aoe skill.
Yeah those are the preferred curses against bosses, especially in Hardcore. That said, Punishment is still a massive damage boost even against bosses, since the real damage boost of Punishment is the buff you get from being hit, so you just take a hit from the chumps that eat full curse effect. If you do 20% Punishment + 20% Bane + Lv4 Enhance + Increased Duration (or 20% Blood Rage) you will do over 40% more damage easy.

janior

Arcane
Patron
so the elder fight is still an absolute joke they didnt buff him at all like they did buff shaper sad im missing one more fragment for uber elder fight, anyway gonna attempt sirus today

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Any tips for handling Blighted Maps for someone who did not play during Blight? I can handle normal blight encounters fine, but the first Blighted Map I attempted (a measly Tier 8!) I failed with about 30 seconds to go. This is without any anointment stuff and honestly just a bunch of Fire towers around the place.

Absinthe

Arcane
Any tips for handling Blighted Maps for someone who did not play during Blight? I can handle normal blight encounters fine, but the first Blighted Map I attempted (a measly Tier 8!) I failed with about 30 seconds to go. This is without any anointment stuff and honestly just a bunch of Fire towers around the place.
Abyssal Cry + Increased Area of Effect + Void Manipulation + Culling Strike. The Battle Cry notable is handy here.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

I usually guard the machine with several minion towers and frost wall/petrify towers. 1-2 slow and monster debuffing towers to critical locations and meteor for remaining. You also need to kill most of the at the start by yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom