Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Balor

Arcane
Hmm, it *sets* your max resists, so flasks, other uniques, are not cumulative with that.
A well-rolled one is good, otherwise - not so much.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm, it *sets* your max resists, so flasks, other uniques, are not cumulative with that.
A well-rolled one is good, otherwise - not so much.
Well you make your own and then divine it until you get 80% to max resists.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I really like slayer/jugg with cleave. Overleech, permanent fortify, non-stop 6 auto endurance charges, full mana reserved with soul taker. Not the fastest killer, but even without any cwdt, using tabula and with 4k hp yellow maps are just facetanking. Literally. I can play with only mouse, pressing my shitty flasks - one for armor, one for onslaught - only on red beasts and bosses.

And right now i only have soul taker and carnage heart all the other gears are shit. So everything will only improve in future.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I really like slayer/jugg with cleave. Overleech, permanent fortify, non-stop 6 auto endurance charges, full mana reserved with soul taker. Not the fastest killer, but even without any cwdt, using tabula and with 4k hp yellow maps are just facetanking. Literally. I can play with only mouse, pressing my shitty flasks - one for armor, one for onslaught - only on red beasts and bosses.

And right now i only have soul taker and carnage heart all the other gears are shit. So everything will only improve in future.
I got a pure Jugg, even more tanky and Accuracy ascendancy passive gives massive offensive boosts. I am Cycloning with 2 swords (Ahn's Might) and like you said I can use one hand most of the time. And I don't stop to kill stuff, just continue to cyclone forward.
But I am a bit more tanky, 5650 HP now at lvl 87. Trying to reach 6000+ at some point (need expensive jewels for that).

SirSingAlot

Arbiter

was thinking to try dual wield Champion with Cleave. The permanent fortify acts as 2 additional Ascendency points and Adrenaline before boss fights should be really good dps boost.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm only level 80 and now i have 4,4k hp. But, as i said, i can easily upgrade my gear, just for now don't feel like it's really needed. I can just grab cheap kaom roots and bringer of rain and it will still be huge upgrade for my tankiness.
I'm still using Slitherpinch in my gauntlets slot. Just because i needed mana leech. Like 30-40 lvls ago. Waiting for good spiked drop.:negative:

So yes. It's perfect character for my lazy ass.

Balor

Arcane
A quick question - unique item recipes are limited to this league only, or, like div cards, can fetch ANY unique (including those from previous leagues)?

ArchAngel

Arcane
A quick question - unique item recipes are limited to this league only, or, like div cards, can fetch ANY unique (including those from previous leagues)?
Bestiary recipe can get you any unique that is not a boss drop only item.

ArchAngel

Arcane
That is how all my crafting attempts look like.. it is why I don't craft anything anymore in PoE. I just collect currency and buy stuff from others :D

Sykar

Arcane
And then you see who have crafted something like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/m01t4/characters

TL: DR of the amulet:
+29 int
+22 int
+27 ES
12% increased attributes
1% increased damage per 15 int (never seen this mod before X.x)

He told me that he used 125 chaos to craft the amulet. I sincerely doubt he will ever put it up for sale.

This pushes his Scion to over 2100 int. I am sitting shy of 1600 and thought it was high but damn that almost makes me feel bad knowing there are 500 more points reachable but worse his ingame tooltip damage of Icestorm sits at around 20k-30k while mine is approaching 6k though I hope once all my support gems in my WI get to 20/20 it will break the 10k.

Last edited:

Balor

Arcane
Not many comments here, this topic is just as dead as this failed league..

Well, at least 'gain 5 prophesies' recipe is nice. 'Levelling recipes' are somewhat decent, too... but otherwise it seems like 'Essences 2.0" league, which is a shame, because amount of work they did seems to be really large.
I'm only just entered maps, maybe things pick up after that...

But otherwise I'm having fun with my skelemancer (melee multistrike skeletons)/DP witch. Safe, good aoe, good single-target damage and I'm running exceptionally shit gear.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not many comments here, this topic is just as dead as this failed league..

Well, at least 'gain 5 prophesies' recipe is nice. 'Levelling recipes' are somewhat decent, too... but otherwise it seems like 'Essences 2.0" league, which is a shame, because amount of work they did seems to be really large.
I'm only just entered maps, maybe things pick up after that...

But otherwise I'm having fun with my skelemancer (melee multistrike skeletons)/DP witch. Safe, good aoe, good single-target damage and I'm running exceptionally shit gear.
Why is gain 5 prophecies nice? I never had a league where I ran out of silver coins. Usually I get so much crap I just ignore that mechanic after a while. This beast repice does not help, it just adds one more useless/irritating mechanic on top of another.
Worst thing is that this Bestiary shit is going to be implemented into base game, and this shit is harder to ignore than prophecy shit as that irritating moron Einhar is in your face for first part of the game and fucking red beasts are harder to kill than map bosses and slow you down in irritating ways.

And million tiers of fucking useless nets are going to keep dropping and fucking up my loot filter..

Balor

Arcane
Why is gain 5 prophecies nice? I never had a league where I ran out of silver coins. Usually I get so much crap I just ignore that mechanic after a while.

It might be my luck, but with exception of Legacy league, I've always been dry on prophecies, only managed to fight Plagemaw once.

And million tiers of fucking useless nets are going to keep dropping and fucking up my loot filter..

Well, just edit them out of your loot filer?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yea so the crap league also wants me to lose time and effort to get rid of its crap. No, It will not win!

Balor

Arcane
play Std, its the same minus stupid pokemon
If I was SSF I would but I like trade league too much and it is much easier to buy items you need on temporary league.

Well, I am SSF and I find those features a nice addition. If you are not interested in 'pokemon hunting', just set your loot filter to show you only the rarest nets and sell them off for profit.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've noticed a recent trend. (I've never stopped following PoE, even though I haven't been playing in many months.) Numerous threads like these have begun appearing on the PoE subreddit. These are just from today, probably a few I've missed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/852s6a/accessing_end_game_has_become_absurd/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexil...k_of_balance_might_turn_away_some_playersbut/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/84y43d/poes_focus_on_the_economy_instead_of_player/

The gist of these being that GGG balances the entire game around the tiny number of streamers and no-lifers who play the game 24/7 (often one and the same) and reckons that the individual player experience is fine regardless of RNG obnoxiousness, just so long as the overall economy is healthy.

I never used to see these types of threads at all, and certainly not with such frequency or receiving so many upvotes.

Thoughts?

So after eating a dick for the third time (as a summoner in this particular case) and being ultra butthurt I decided to give it another try, instead of doing something productive like a normal person.

Beat them acts finally as a sunder zerker (didn't buy shit, should have probably went for SSF in the first place, but missclicked and decided not to bother), the only close call I remember is that gargoyle on roids in merciless labyrinth, hit me for like 80% in one punch, got me worried. Seems like a pretty newb friendly class, a whole lot of easily accessible defensive passives sure helped a lot. So anyway, what's the end-game in PoE? Is the map grind the only thing that's left? I purposely avoided wiki and things like that, so Kitava (2nd version) was a bit of a mess, but in terms of shit-to-do I'm a little lost now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom