Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

ArchAngel

Arcane
Barely anyone seems to be doing Shield Throw, and streamers that started with it quit using it fast :D

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, btw, I found a solution to my sucky ES char dying to bosses: Only fight them directly after a level-up. :lol:
I honestly didn't know that was an option before reading up on how exactly XP loss works. I just assumed it would go below the level threshold.

Also, Frost Wall. What a neat little thing. I stopped dying to the occasional strong mob pretty much entirely thanks to keeping them at bay with the wall and the skeleton totem.
Sitting back and relax, that's how I like my PoE time :lol:

And I finally stopped neglecting resistances.
All in all, the situation for my paper cannon has improved to glass cannon.
Hope it stays that way as I rack up more resistances and hopefully finally find a 5 or 6L armor with high ES so that I can stop having my main skills separated in gloves and boots.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Got most of crit nodes for my frost blades scion with oni and now i can't capture beasts at all. Culling strike from slayer not helping too.

Balor

Arcane
Btw, enraged beasts calm down after a while and you can try and capture them again... just run away (and convocate your minions as well).

Balor

Arcane
Got most of crit nodes for my frost blades scion with oni and now i can't capture beasts at all. Culling strike from slayer not helping too.
at least you can target the beast. My minion crowd makes it hard to even target net throw

Again, convocation helps. It also stops the minions DPSing the beast, though - which might be both a good and a bad thing.

Got an itch for some diablo-like goodness, died twice on HC due to shit design and called it quits once again. Random ''difficulty'' spikes are still a thing in PoE apparently.

First was the innocence or whatever it's called, big telegraphed swings and shit did about 50% of hp or even less, a measly shitball of light apparently does about 80%, makes sense. Took this death as me being retarded at first and started over, went through the fifth act clean this time and died in mud flats or somesuch, due to the same thing basically. Fought some unique dog or whatever, yellow beasts pack got pulled as well, was doing just fine then out of nowhere died in like .3 of a second, no idea what got me and can't even check, since it's 2018 and there are still no death/combat logs.

:hmmm:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Got an itch for some diablo-like goodness, died twice on HC due to shit design and called it quits once again. Random ''difficulty'' spikes are still a thing in PoE apparently.

First was the innocence or whatever it's called, big telegraphed swings and shit did about 50% of hp or even less, a measly shitball of light apparently does about 80%, makes sense. Took this death as me being retarded at first and started over, went through the fifth act clean this time and died in mud flats or somesuch, due to the same thing basically. Fought some unique dog or whatever, yellow beasts pack got pulled as well, was doing just fine then out of nowhere died in like .3 of a second, no idea what got me and can't even check, since it's 2018 and there are still no death/combat logs.

:hmmm:
You died to scorching ray totems. They are nasty if you don't have maxed fire res and you are standing in one place too much.

T. Reich

Arcane
> First was the innocence or whatever it's called, big telegraphed swings and shit did about 50% of hp or even less, a measly shitball of light apparently does about 80%, makes sense.
You mean one of a trillion billion measly shitballs of light he releases occasionally, from which you need to hide behind the statues or die?

GrainWetski

Arcane
Shit players dies on hardcore by being shit obviously because of nothing but shit design.

Yes, you have to know the game to survive. This isn't Diablo 3.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom