Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradoxian Strategy Multiplayer - First Session

Should we start a new EU3 game and make a new thread?

• Yes, let's make a new game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, let's continue on this one.

• Let's continue on this one, but make a new topic anyway.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Malakal said:
Looks like a fine game to me. Players being incompetent and losing left and right? Means one can play fun nations like Poland and not be worried that France or Castille will eat him.

Also WHICH beta patch? may 10, 17, june 29?

Yeah Poland is in a great shape atm, the AI took danzig from the teutons and is holding up pretty well.

Here's some stats from the last session:

http://www.europa3.ru/cgi-bin/mpstats/s ... choicet=12

And the save game:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14533283/mp_Den ... _09_13.zip

I think that we agreed that tomorrow will be the next session. Everyone that wants to join should hop in hamachi.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Malakal said:
10 GMT +/-0?
Already adjusted it to pollack local time, so GMT+1 in this case. Seems most players are around at that time.

Gotta warn you bro, Historische Polen ist Volkermeinig von Bayern. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmGknvr_Pg, 5 minutes or so into the video.

Bavarian vassals:
Augsburg
Frankfurt
Mainz
Trier
Wurzburg
Saxony
Wurttemberg
Cologne
Baden
Fear the south german swarm!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I installed the latest patch and checked Polish situation... Well, its bad. High war exhaustion, small manpower, big inflation, war to wage. But with other players giving me some time I think I could shape up the nation to be the power it is destined to be!

So I am up for the game.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Yet you still lead a PU with Lithuania and golden horde didn't take too many bites out of them, so you have easy expansion potential. The war against TO and Pommerania is pretty much won in your favor, can try to take east-prussia or something. After that just try to concede defeat to the horde, and Potato should be fine.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lithuanian lands, while huge and manpower rich, are very very poor. Of course with Poland I am destined to be the new, better, Russia, but still - huge isnt always better.

I'll manage.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Also Hamachi tutorial please. I have it installed and joined the Codex channel, how do I join the game when it starts?

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
No need for hamachi to join the game, it's just an easy way to see who's online. When a game is up, just go Multiplayer -> Join internet game -> Muty's IP (will be posted in Hamachi) -> select Glorious Potatoland -> own. Still, next session is tomorrow afaik, so go try to see how you can best incline poland in singleplayer for now. Seems like a prudent course of action.

Erzherzog

Magister
The Brazilian Slaughter said:
Sulimo said:
Players versus player should be done through subterfuge, diplomatic isolation of the enemy and careful expansion.

Agreed. I remember I allied myself with Portugal AND Aragon in the early game (remember when I started mad-laughing out of sudden? That was why) as a way to stop Chef_Hathaway trying some easy expansion on the two weaker nations. It wans't so necessary though.

Erzherzog said:
Malakal said:
Also which game version. I have MMU running EU3.

EU3: DW with 5.1 Beta patch.

Also, I'm amused that there wil be a Second Reconquista and a French Reconquista

I would't say a French Reconquista as much as French Unification. I lost Normandy and Guienne (southwest France), but to my surprise, you can insta-annex a nation if you have cores upon all its territory with the Reconquista casus belli, leading to lots of territory and no infamy. Normandy is fucked, then its time to annex my vassals.

Also, I'm on hamachi already, shouting for minutes without answer!

:smug:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So let me get this straight - England and Castille are both player controlled and both got owned hard? Can I get some mini LP here to understand wtf happened?

Erzherzog

Magister
Malakal said:
So let me get this straight - England and Castille are both player controlled and both got owned hard? Can I get some mini LP here to understand wtf happened?

Castille had rebel problems in its southern territories. With help from Bavaria, the rebels were being put down. Chef Hathaway figured he would have them all put down so he left for dinner. The rebels were not eliminated and then Aragon and Portugal land grabbed on his ass. (He might be interested to know that you can assign armies to hunt rebels).

England ended up in war against Aragon and Scotland. IDK what happened but Scotland ended up gaining two provinces. (I claim that it is because they have a Habsburg on the throne). Scotland has since advanced it's position further.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Erzherzog said:
Malakal said:

Castille had rebel problems in its southern territories. With help from Bavaria, the rebels were being put down. Chef Hathaway figured he would have them all put down so he left for dinner. The rebels were not eliminated and then Aragon and Portugal land grabbed on his ass. (He might be interested to know that you can assign armies to hunt rebels).

England ended up in war against Aragon and Scotland. IDK what happened but Scotland ended up gaining two provinces. (I claim that it is because they have a Habsburg on the throne). Scotland has since advanced it's position further.

The rebels were put down, but I was besieging their occupied provinces and couldn't be arsed to storm their castles and waste perfectly good Bavarian Manpower. Cue Granadan rebel declaration of independence when 2 sieges reached 100%. Cue fuuuuuuuuuu. I wasn't alied with Castille, so couldn't conquer their provinces for them anyway, and was under attack from a small german alliance who killed my homeland army, so had to retreat before Bavaria would be destroyed. After that we paused for like 15 minutes and the fucker wouldn't show up, so he got roflstomped by Aragon and Portugal when we unpaused.

Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Malakal said:
I had the mission to conquer Ireland and when I started the game Portugal owned a province in Ireland. ( :M ) So I thought fuck it, DoW and then intercept any reinforcements from Portugal with my doomstack fleet. Failed a perception check and did not notice that Scotland and Portugal was in an alliance. Scots advanced and I failed to intercept the reinforcements from Portugal.

Also I lost 4000 manpower while adjusting a slider to quality right before DoWing. Got manpower starved and had to peace out. Scotland got the two provinces in the north and Portugal got provinces in Ireland.

Later Scotland just declared war out of the blue without any CB as I recall. Had lots of negative prestige by then tho.

Now every province is sieged by Scotland and then we stopped the game.

Rerolling Scots next session. :yeah:

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Sulimo said:
After that we paused for like 15 minutes and the fucker wouldn't show up, so he got roflstomped by Aragon and Portugal when we unpaused.

It was a goddamn delicious cheeseburger, okay. I feel no regrets.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
If anyone else wants to join, We're waiting for TBS and after that we're basically going for it tonight. Update to DW 5.1 beta patch of 12th July, and join us on Hamachi:

Codex Paradox
kkk

If for some reason you can't use Hamachi, PM me and I'll message you with the IP every time we start a game, because I'm cool like that.

Show up, still plenty of countries available.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
You still can! Join us on Hamachi for instructions. Gogo! Only 30 years or so have passed, so you haven't missed much.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Glorious Bavaria carries on. :salute:

Leading a personal union with 1 german minor (1 more in a month, once the war is over) and England. My army of vassals keeps growing, only Northern germany has so far avoided the inevitable jackboots of Bavaria stomping on their face. Also inherited a small italian holding, which will be a mountain retreat for the glorious King who made this all possible, Fürst Kajetan Maria I, long may he reign. (no, but seriously, die already, I want to inherit stuff)

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
explanatory map of Bavarian holdings:

570738-W5EH1UI.png

Clearly Katejan Maria is an expert at the Game of Thrones. :salute:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I made some progress as Poland and here is my mini LP (no screens due to many rehosts):

Poland started at war with the Teutonic Order, but the war was won already - TO had no armies and almost all of its provinces were besieged. But other aspects looked way more bleak. Poland started with 8.5% inflation, less than 1000 manpower left and a bunch of mercenaries effectively pushing it over the supply limit. Luckily the personal union with Lithuania was still intact and Lithuania has not lost many provinces yet. Poland has also managed to vassalize Pommerania which is a nice surprise.

My first act as the new ruler of the nation was disbanding almost all my mercenaries to balance the budget. I finished two sieges and accepted peace with TO for 3 more northern provinces and some other deals to be revoked. After that I waited and replenished my manpower. With enough men to reinforce my two 11k and 10k armies I invaded Golden Horde and got a tribute treaty out of them. Now Poland was secured.

Next five years were spent building up enough money to buy a trade center in Plock (good central location, far away from the coast- Poland has no navy worth mentioning) to allow me to trade a bit. I have also built up my cultural tradition to get a good master of mint to combat my inflation. Economy started to stabilize at 20-22 ducats a month income which places me in the middle of the ladder.

Polish diplomacy was way more fruitful. I cancelled my alliances with Austria and Bavaria (as they are remote and our goals are not common right now), instead a new Polish-Hungarian alliance took off and is strong till now. I sold my rights to Teutonic provinces of Osel and Gotland to Denmark ensuring a more lasting partnership up north. Later on Chzr rejoined as Brandenburg and we allied, I allowed him to take Ostpreussen with the ultimate goal of forming Prussia.

After some trying I managed to integrate Lithuania. Unfortunately it did not core so I was left with a lot of poor revolting provinces. It will take at least 50 years for the situation to improve. At least I managed to afford a third army thanks to that and it was very useful - I fought three more wars with the Golden Horde, once defeated them and once conceded defeat, no territory changed hands.

The biggest difficulty I had (other than rebellions) was a short war with Ottoman Empire. Chef led Porte encroached on what Reject considers his backyard what lead to a conflict over Bosnia. I didnt plan on that but supported my ally in the struggle, Bosnia was conquered, OE also lost its vassalage over Bosnia and Moldova. Only time can tell how this situation is going to develop.

Up North Novgorod got a human player and expanded a bit at the expense of TO and Muscovy. Still its situation isnt that good as it is torn with rebellions and constant wars with Sweden. Novgorod has allied with Denmark which caused me some stress, I have since allied with Sweden as a countermeasure. Hopefully nothing bad will come out of this, but come worst I suppose I could defeat Novgorod and Denmark (but not on the sea), especially with the help of Brandenburg which is shaping up to be a worthwhile ally.

Austria has collapsed a bit under the AI rule, but that was to be expected. Bavaria has become the leading player in HRE and is a growing threat, especially with it being the next in the line for the imperial crown, also has a lot of vassals. France is a monster with huge 60 000 standing army and biggest income, and it is not even united yet! It also has a huge inflation so perhaps it wont totally dominate. Iberia is divided between Portugal and Aragon, both work together but are rather bad at killing Granada. Scotland is eating away at England.

This is pretty much it, we played about 20years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom