Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox announces Sengoku

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
pocahaunted said:
Grand strategy, they say? When it only includes Japan and a token foreign diplomacy menu? Yeah, I'll skip this one.
Grand strategy means a game that simulates on only combat, but also economy, logistic, research, and POLITIC.
Victoria 2 is an example of a grand strategy game.

curry said:
Basically they're just selling CK2 twice.
That would be worrisome. Either they will create completelly different system, and shows all intricacies of Japanese politic, or Shogun 2 might be better.

Norfleet

Luzur said:
i was kinda hoping for Sengoku Rance II by Paradox, but.....i always have CK2.
It's a Paradox game. SOMEONE will mod it in.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
GarfunkeL said:
Rance?

For a moment, I thought Paradox are importing Alicesoft to Europe :lol:

The video looked a bit strange - have they created a new engine for this?
Actually, I can't imagine how hilarious or awkward a Sengoku Rance trailer for mainstream audiences would be. But it would sure be worth it.

LusciousPear

Savant
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
commie said:
pocahaunted said:
Grand strategy, they say? When it only includes Japan and a token foreign diplomacy menu? Yeah, I'll skip this one.

Someone obviously doesn't know anything about Japanese history.

Damn those American Civil War games! I can only play as the North or the South! Why can't I be the Ottoman Empire?

QOTD

LusciousPear said:
commie said:
pocahaunted said:

Someone obviously doesn't know anything about Japanese history.

Damn those American Civil War games! I can only play as the North or the South! Why can't I be the Ottoman Empire?

QOTD

HEY! Ottoman empire deciding to take advantage of US Civil War and attempt a takeover by sea would be awesome. Could have them doing deals to arm native american militants, naval shellings, awesome:). And add in that steampunk spider from that Will Smith movie. And bears with laser beams. For fur. As their own faction, obviously.

Vaarna_Aarne said:
GarfunkeL said:
Rance?

For a moment, I thought Paradox are importing Alicesoft to Europe :lol:

The video looked a bit strange - have they created a new engine for this?
Actually, I can't imagine how hilarious or awkward a Sengoku Rance trailer for mainstream audiences would be. But it would sure be worth it.

Haven't played the games, and have no intention of doing so, but if I was designing the trailer I'd have a quick cinematic intro (4 seconds) of Rance grinning, then zoom into the game but cover everything with a 'censored for general audience' tag. Run that for the length of the trailer, with various voice-work from the game. Finish it with a voiced Rance 'Gahaha!'

Eyeball

Arcane
Just remake Sword of the Samurai already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom