Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

On the shoulders of giants: a new multiple choices LP!

RedScum

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
A - Let's find out about their warning and perhaps their intentions before we take the risk to make new enemies.

Oh and also Curufinwe, how long do you think you'll manage to keep doing this Let's play? Yours and Vernydar are both a pretty sweet read every night and would continue to be so during this summer :love:

Esquilax

Arcane
A

Let's keep this on the level. Our weapons are superior to theirs, but that doesn't mean we should start a war with them right off the bat. Trading with them might be more use to us than attacking them, especially now that we know nothing about them.

oscar

Arcane
I think the C elder is right, attack them and they'll simply ride away and report that the Obsidian Embers are mountain savages. I say hear them out.

A

Though if they threaten us, by all means send their heads back as warning.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I don't think weapons matter that much at prehistoric era. Even if we have obsidian axes vs. wooden clubs, we might still lose if we get overrun by superior numbers.

Urist McLurker

Learned
A
We out number them, and we've got better weaponry. They might be here to scout us out to attack, but I doubt it. If they know our name, then they would know a lot more, it's not like we've been trading with everyone constantly so our name gets around.

We're more :obviously: than any other option. Besides, we're just hearing them out.

oscar

Arcane
I think they live too far away (the mountains) to bother with an all-out attack. Warfare of this era is more of the raids and cattle-rustling variety. They've been polite and I'm curious what this 'Seer of the Mountains' has to say.

ScubaV

Prophet
A

A warning for volcanic eruption perhaps?

Yeah, my immediate thought was that the warning is for one of two things: impending attack by the barbarian hordes or awakening of ancient evil/possession of fire priest by magical stone/triggering volcanic eruption.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
A. Don't see any harm in talking, and they've been polite thus far.

Tigranes

Arcane
C, even though you pussies have already rolled the bandwagon down the hill. We seem to pussyfoot every time we find anything new.

oscar

Arcane
I don't intend it to be a permanent arrangement. When the time comes I'll be all for kicking some ass. But just seems pretty Chaotic Stupid to randomly attack some polite guys giving us the warning of a seemingly important seer.

Vernydar

Learned
More like, my policy will always be talk first, eventually fight later. Unless they come in order to fight.

They know of us, we know nothing of them. Attacking an unknown entity that comes to parley is not a smart move in my book

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
A

knowledge of another culture should help us on lotsa levels

Lindblum

Augur
The only reason to hear them out
VVVVVVV

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom