Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Okay bitches, it's Starcraft time

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Yes - my Maginot-line of spore towers did nothing to stop his fleet of battleships. I'm not even sure your sizable army could've done anything against it.

I liked the tower-siege gun defense line on the ridge, btw; very aesthetic.

KreideBein

Scholar
Fuck, I had massive troop reserves, too. 12 tanks, 12 vultures, 12 goliaths, tons of infantry, and a half dozen battlecruisers. Damn my friends and their silly "emotional problems".

almondblight

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
Is there anything I can build that doesn't get owned by mines?

Carriers? Or just reaver drop their command center, and they're gone, quick.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I didn't realize that was you, SlavemasterT.

@no: I would've pushed you, but I was fighting all three of you at the same time (not exactly the same time, but I would attack you then go rush off to attack someone else), which is why I lost. I'm too aggressive :(

I should've just dropped on your base, I was just getting too overwhelmed. I'm not a good enough player to coordinate everything like that. I also should not have built so many Valkyries.

kris

Arcane
I am setup, guess I have to beat up some AI critters since I am the only one home from work at this time or something.

If you all are still playing through next week, count me in Thursday- Sunday. It's been a long while since I last played it, so I'll suck pretty bad. And I generally stink at these RTS games anyway; must be due to the fact that I have more experience moving my wrists vertically instead of horizontally HUR HUR.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Damn where's Kraszu -- he was my only worthy opponent in 1on1. really want to duel more with him.

But I'm also willing to "teach" those who suck the basics by playing some training matches heh. Not that im a pro (i actually suck a lot too, on the big scale), but it's cool to give people heads up occasionally.

Then again, basically we only play FFAs and FFAs are all about fun, skill doesn't really matter. Kraszu is by far the strongest player (along with me i guess) here on codex and he got owned in one of the FFAs :)

Oh and one more thing: when you create a FFA game PLEASE select "Melee" game type, not "free for all". Why? Because in FFA game type you can't change alliance settings. NOt that making alliances is allowed here - NO FUCKING WAY, JOSE! It's for setting shared vision for those players who pretty much lost (no production buildings and slaves), so that they could spectate the game. Melee allows that.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Look, maybe when you are playing. But when it is me, but when Nicolai is on board you have to enforce the rules with a little more whip, if you know what I mean.

Alright, I have legit copies of Starcraft + Brood War and have updated the game to its latest version via the patch. Do I need to install the patcher utility w/loader or do I instead use Pikachu or whatever the fuck its called. Or both?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
If you've got a legit copy you don't really need anything. You can use the BroodWarLauncher if you want but it makes my game crash :S

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom