Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official Codex RIFT Guild (EU) Thread

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Well, I'm a melee mage. Roughly judging by the guild roster, it seems we might need some rogues.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So what is the roster looking like? What classes do people have?

We're more than 20 people now, so we basically have all classes. Build system diversity is huge though so it's impossible to account for all the ways people have built their char.

Rogues is the least represented class, but eh: basically make whatever you want :)

Mystary!

Arcane
The system is extremely flexible, class selection isn't really as important as role, which can be switched whenever you feel like it. There seems to be an overabundance of dps right now but that's because everyone can fill that role and it's the easiest way to level, but anyone can respec into almost anything. Mages and clerics can be healers, warriors, clerics and even rogues can be tanks, they just do it in different ways.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Also: keep closing rifts people. Our first guild quest is closing a bunch of them fuckers.

Soilent Green

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Anyway, I got that expansion code but when I try to apply it I get asked to type in CC info. What gives?

Having just registered my free code yesterday... You have to either use a CC, PayPal, or a Rift game card to set up your 1st month subscription. However, they don't charge anything. I registered with a prepaid card that had no money on it.

Now, if they weren't going F2P in June, I would either have to end the sub or pay up.

You still get the game, expansion, and 30 days free.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Hoaxmetal

I had the same problem like many others. I coudn't acitvate my code because it required to subscribe to the game.
So what you need to do is:
1. Go to this link: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478/~/contacting-trion-support
2. Then choose either : a) To write email b) To go live chat (i recommend this because you'll wait like 30 min and fix the problem, with the email option you'll have to wait for days)
3. Say to them that you can't activate your Raprt code and they'll ask the code so they can activate it and bypass the subscribe option.

That's how i've activated mine with the live chat option, i waited 40 min but it was done in 5 min :)
I hope this gonna help you :)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Ran out of my glorious 3 days. Will wait till June 12th.
Same.
The quest content is the same as in 2011, but thanks to dynamic shit like rifts and the adventuring sutff, and also a new low level pvp arena, leveling hasn't been as tiresome as I feared it could be. Also, playing as a warrior is pretty fun.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sadly, the Storm Legion content is totally shit so far. It's as it was made by a different team of designers because I really enjoyed leveling to 50 again. The new zones are basically grinding areas, you only get a few story quests, the rest consists of "massacre" quests where you have to kill 12-20 mobs and pick up quests where you have to pick up 8-12 items. We have done both starter zones so far, and there is absolutely no variety, even the world design is boring and soulless.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sadly, the Storm Legion content is totally shit so far. It's as it was made by a different team of designers because I really enjoyed leveling to 50 again. The new zones are basically grinding areas, you only get a few story quests, the rest consists of "massacre" quests where you have to kill 12-20 mobs and pick up quests where you have to pick up 8-12 items. We have done both starter zones so far, and there is absolutely no variety, even the world design is boring and soulless.

This is sad :/ I was thinking to return with F2P just to see new content. Previous dungeon and world design was good enough to keep my interest for months and quests were somewhat entertaining. Well whatever, since there is no other MMO interests me nowadays I'll return probably.
Don't really remember which server my characters were ,1 guard rogue and 1 defiant mage( I created them for ranged dps but ended up supporting/healing ...) I can join you guys if server transfer is possible

Mystary!

Arcane
Aslong as you are above level 15 you can transfer every 7th day. When you log in and chose server you can see how many characters you have on each shard, so finding yours shouldn't be a problem.

So, I figured out how to macro. Goddamn what a relief! Feels like playing a whole different game. Combat got so easy all of the sudden, don't have to press 15 different buttons anymore.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I've done some research. On PvE, Defiant and Guardian can do everything together. So we are definetely switching server. If you have a server you really think we should switch to, suggest away. We'll switch sometime after June 3rd, but maybe before the F2P launch (it case it suddenly costs money to switch at that point). That sound OK to people?

rashiakas: I have your 5 plat :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom