Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian's Project X - One more day

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
It didn't stop PST from being amazing...wtf's the big deal?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This will break a fucking record on kickstarter, and we will show the assholes, who always talk down on Obsidian, that the RPG fans have faith in these guys.
:takemymoney:

Smarts

Scholar
Never backed a Kickstarter project before.

Just did.

Do this right, Obs.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game they're describing with TB combat would've been too awesome but I can definitely live with RTWP.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
It didn't stop PST from being amazing...wtf's the big deal?
The deal is that PST for the most part wasn't about the combat. They mentioned that Project Eternity will also be about the "tactical combat". Which is a problem if you don't like the combat system that is being used. Especially now that so many other games are being developed that actually will have TB, so we don't have to eat whatever scrapes we can get anymore.
Again, I don't want to put the project down based on so little information and I will probably pledge anyway.

catfood

AGAIN
DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF PROJECT ETERNITY (via Steam PC).

6039092a-3e41-49e4-a97f-2f997ea315b4.jpg

misha

Educated
It would be perfect - the sooner they get cash, the sooner we will got sth more than promises.

kaizoku

Arcane
Beautiful...and a boxed copy at just $65 tier. :sniff:

Fuck I'd like my name on a plaque in their offices though....we'll see what I can scrape up without the cold gaze of my wife upon me :smug:

You have a wife! :shock:

This will break a fucking record on kickstarter, and we will show the assholes, who always talk down on Obsidian, that the RPG fans have faith in these guys.

It would be sweet if it beat the $8.5M from Ouya and take its righteous place as #1 videogame project on KS.
But yeah... it's not going to happen.

Smarts

Scholar
One good game. One extraordinary game. What levy must be paid for such a thing?

If the publishers won't give a straight answer, it's up to us to decide.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Donated 20 dollars, but will propably upgrade later for the boxed version.

So an Infinity Engine spiritual successor it is then. This project should easily reach the funding goal, there's a lot of IE nostalgia even among the "not-so-hardcore", wider audiences (ie people who think Baldur's Gate 2 is the pinnacle of RPG design).

I'm curious about this project and wish Obsidian all the best. No matter how often they fuck up, I just can't be angry at them because deep down inside they're good guys. Here's the chance to prove it once and forever.

Not crazy about RtwP, but it's not a deal breaker either. It all comes down to setting, writing, non-linearity, world reactivity and encounter design, if Obsidian delivers in these areas and truly produces something that unites the best aspects of IWD, Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment and manages to make combat halfway decent I'm all sold.

kaizoku

Arcane
/bitch mode

useless pitch video that doesn't show anything about the game
cheesy name title reminiscent of my little poney
company always ships games with bugs
shitty popamole real time combat
lame lore naming

:troll:

Will obviously be pledging. Probably at the $250 tier. :obviously:

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Hmm, interesting.

But why are they calling themselves 'lejendary game developers'. A bit self pimping no?

Also, RTwP? WHY? Even now, with Kickstarter, they are STILL aiming for the popamole? Is it because they are targeting the Infinity Engine crowd? Sure seems like it...

Plus, they appear to be copying Biowares BG1 form of travelling: i.e. you have an overland map and you click on destinations. Like how they did it in IWD and in TOEE. I would have much preferred a Realms of Arkania 1 + 2 type map and travel system.

Still, major :incline:

Hope they raise like $20,000,000/- (20 million) or something and make a great game.

GaemzDood

Educated
:takemymoney::takemyjewgold:
Obsidian is free from publishers fucking around with them and forcing them to release games unfinished. Obsidian is an amazing studio that can really write (as seen by Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer) while actually making games instead of interactive movies + popamole sims.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Of course. Easily one of my favourite RPGs of the last decade and as I wrote in the other thread, I really hope they manage to take their fantasy setting to the level of MotB when it comes to writing, atmosphere and world design.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Donated 140 doubloons for my first kickstarter project. Noticed that you can log on with the same account to Amazon.co.uk, .de and .com.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Fimally, another game I would like to spend my money on. Although I will wait for more tangible information and stretch goals to come out.
Also asked the guy at http://ruinedkingdoms.com/ to come up with another kickstarter progress chart since the kicktraq is shite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom