Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The expansion/documentary won't take money from pledges. Also the reason T-shirts were $25 weren't cause the shirts cost $25 but you're paying around $10 for the shirt+shipping and $15 goes to the game.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, it won't be as much as DF, but it will take 6-digit figures out of the game budget. I was going by your calculation Jarpie and building on that. I think Obsidian will have around 3.5 million, give or take a bit, on the budget.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Jarpie, you need to stop trying to argue with the promancers. Go do something that is more likely to succeed, like creating a perpetuum mobile.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Jarpie, you need to stop trying to argue with the promancers. Go do something that is more likely to succeed, like creating a perpetuum mobile.

Yeah, you are probably right. Merin just pisses me off with his high and mighty arrogance, guy supposedly has major in history or literature and then cannot into long posts.

LivingOne

Savant

Yeah, you are probably right. Merin just pisses me off with his high and mighty arrogance, guy supposedly has major in history or literature and then cannot into long posts.
Speaking of wich...did Lesifoere review his book?:lol:

If so,considering how thin skinned he is...

Roguey ?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Roguey ?

No idea but would love to read the review :D

LivingOne

Savant

Roguey ?

And show it to him.:troll:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Roguey ?

And show it to him.:troll:

Sounds like a plan! :martini:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Mason has a past. Having fled his home he now lives out a lonely, isolated existence, doing his best to remain invisible, while watching the world pass him by with an increasingly cynical detachment. At least until a remarkable young woman captivates his attention.

Shayla has a future. With a career, good friends and a fiancé she adores, she loves her life and really wants for nothing. But for some time now something has been watching her, drawn to something about her that makes her unique.

When Mason’s world violently collides with Shayla’s, his past threatens to destroy her future. To set things right Mason must come to terms with and atone for what he had done while Shayla must find an inner strength she never knew existed within her. And the only thing either of them can rely on is each other.
Oh god, it's Bioware fanfiction in novel form.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Mason has a past. Having fled his home he now lives out a lonely, isolated existence, doing his best to remain invisible, while watching the world pass him by with an increasingly cynical detachment. At least until a remarkable young woman captivates his attention.
Now I'm actually sort of interested to see how bad it can be, but I'm not about to shell out over 5 bucks to read this dude's fanfic. :keepmymoney:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not a fan of urban fantasy? But you've missed the promo - this Saturday it was completely free, so you can try and ask if someone felt like having a lobotomy and downloaded it.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Having read some of the stuff Merin has written over there, I can bring myself to believe he wrote this book...

I'm actually surprised he hasn't written more, the dude's posts are 500 words each at a minimum. I guess he's hoping people will stop debating him when they can't be bothered to read 'em (I guess it works too - it sure as hell did in my case). At the same time he accuses others (like Jarpie) of writing overlong posts when he runs out of legitimate arguments...
In other news, part 3 of the romance thread is online!:deadhorse:
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/61886-unofficial-pe-relationshipromance-thread-pt-3/

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Has anyone used this argument: fans shouldn't demand romances because we should want the writers to create the best characters they can. If it includes some romance, that's fine, but by demanding them you're demanding that the writers tack on something they might not agree with and would not be consistent with the character's personality.

I would, but romance threads make my head hurt, and even my short text here isn't very eloquent.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Has anyone used this argument: fans shouldn't demand romances because we should want the writers to create the best characters they can. If it includes some romance, that's fine, but by demanding them you're demanding that the writers tack on something they might not agree with and would not be consistent with the character's personality.

I would, but romance threads make my head hurt, and even my short text here isn't very eloquent.
It's been mentioned several times. Over several threads. Everything has been mentioned already, that's the problem with those threads (and boards for that matter) - in the absence of any new information people just keep rehashing old arguments over and over and then new people come in and start all over again.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Merin really confuses me. On the BSN, he had a reputation for disdain on BioWare's new direction, deriding their romance driven community and dumbed down marketing driven games. At least, by Biodrone standards, he was like that. Yet when he comes on the Obsidian forums, he's, well... Merin.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Roguey ?
I don't know why you're asking me, the books reviews are all listed on the site. I'm guessing no since he's a complete nobody. I think she should review The Palace Job by Patrick Weekes instead. He's almost somebody.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
...that's the problem with those threads (and boards for that matter) - in the absence of any new information people just keep rehashing old arguments over and over and then new people come in and start all over again.

That's not a problem — it's a solution. Since every possible argument has already been made, and what's left is a recursive echo chamber of rehashed rhetoric, it's nearly impossible for the developers to decide anything based on fan input.

Therefore, they'll likely ignore the entire pile of garbage and choose to do whatever they would have done if fans hadn't weighed in at all, which in my opinion is the ideal approach.

Captain Shrek

Now I'm actually sort of interested to see how bad it can be, but I'm not about to shell out over 5 bucks to read this dude's fanfic. :keepmymoney:
It's FREE It was free until a couple of days back on Amazon for Kindle. Don't know what happened. Probably they notice the sudden increase in hits it was getting :P.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I really appreciate having good codexers fighting the good fight over at Obsidian Forums since I'm too bored to do it my own damned self. It helps to know Obs isn't only getting input from exiled Bioware fans.

Keep on trukkin' yarr :salute:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
None of it matters. Not in the slightest. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom