Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
apologist cocksuckers have relied back on Sawyer's Formspring answer as definitive proof that there will be no level-scaling in PE

Did we? I certainly didn't. I took it as proof that level scaling was not a serious issue in the game, nothing more.

But then I'm not sure I, the author of the infamous "COOLDOWNS CONFIRMED, TIME TO RAGE" post, qualify as an "apologist cocksucker".

MCA
Well. There is Level scaling in the main story. It is not there in the optional content. Earlier he indicated that there would be almost none or none whatsoever.

Wrong. He said there would be very little level scaling, and that little amount would only be in the main quest. Not that the entire main quest would be level scaled.

Just as Obsidian told us that there would be some light-hearted stuff going on in Alpha Popamole and then the entire game turned out to be a shitty lulz fest pretending to be serious, or any number of other promises for their past games which downplayed or overblew various aspects.

You still take Obsidian (or anyone, for that matter) at face value despite being proven to the contrary? The joke is on you.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
You still take Obsidian (or anyone, for that matter) at face value despite being proven to the contrary? The joke is on you.

Yeah, hope is our poison. We can't get enough of it. :cry:

Then drink the elixir of defiance and fight against the decline before it reaches into the game.

I did, did I not? I am really critical of this entire project and do ask inconvenient questions, but... but... but... a man can dream. If not for that we could all turn into a bunch of butthurt cynics bemoaning decline at every turn just because something, somewhere, sometimes *might* fail.

Captain Shrek

Yeah, hope is our poison. We can't get enough of it. :cry:

Then drink the elixir of defiance and fight against the decline before it reaches into the game.

I did, did I not? I am really critical of this entire project and do ask inconvenient questions, but... but... but... a man can dream. If not for that we could all turn into a bunch of butthurt cynics bemoaning decline at every turn just because something, somewhere, sometimes *might* fail.

Don't worry. It is our burden to bear.

just like comish Gordon said, remember?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
. How shocking, considering how you also couldn't totally avoid combat in any Obsidian game whatsoever.t.
Except New Vegas, where you could.
xlarge_b6d4ba0e96368dae92d24b80ffc29ec9.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I've known it all along and tried to reason it into your numb skulls but it was way too fucking thick to get it through. And while at it, let's remember how cocksucking apologists tried -AND FAILED- to respond when I said that there would be level scaling.

the more you post in this thread, the more your brain shatters. right now you're at the full tard level, not noticing that sawyer's post in the past never implied that there won't be level scaling. he even repeated the exact same shit in the live chat yesterday... could it be that you're THIS guy?!

Except you are missing the point because you are brain dead: Before this last news came, apologist cocksuckers have relied back on Sawyer's Formspring answer as definitive proof that there will be no level-scaling in PE (and let's admit, the heavier implication in Sawyer's Formspring answer is that he would rather not have any of it at all). Now you see, this interpretation is entirely irrelevant to my position, which was "there will be level-scaling in PE", which has met with hostility.

Oh but it looks like I was right -once again, contrary to the cocksucker apologists' attacks submerged in self-denial. I lost count of the times I turned out to be right. It's quite tiresome, honestly. I could probably give you all the little details about the game that you will find out only when the game will come out, if only I cared to sit back for a couple of hours and concentrate on it.

You are probably too far gone to comprehend anything I wrote in this post, though.
"I don't expect to use level scaling much" suggests it will be used a little. :) Of course the "at all" portion turned out to be wrong.

Anyway it doesn't matter if it uses BG2-style scaling. IWD2 even hyped scaling as a feature:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/icewind-dale-ii/cover-art/gameCoverId,152948/
Auto-balancing game play balances the conflict to match your skill level.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

In his recent livestream Adam Brennecke said he reads RPG Codex pretty much every day, and also mentioned that his friend Anthony Davis posts here regularly. ;)

Hahaha, yeah this place is a guilty pleasure for many Obsidianites.

Jabby and I started at Obsidian within two weeks of each other. He graduated from Digipen and is an amazing engineer. His game ideas are pretty Amazing too and he has one in particular that I hope they make soon.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

In his recent livestream Adam Brennecke said he reads RPG Codex pretty much every day, and also mentioned that his friend Anthony Davis posts here regularly. ;)

Jabby and I started at Obsidian within two weeks of each other. He graduated from Digipen and is an amazing engineer. His game ideas are pretty Amazing too and he has one in particular that I hope they make soon.

Guilty pleasure as "LOL RPGCodex guys are so hilarious!" or "RPGCodex guys are bros!"? :D

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

Guilty pleasure as "LOL RPGCodex guys are so hilarious!" or "RPGCodex guys are bros!"? :D

Little column A, little column B.

Much of the time there is just head shaking when some of the more ... Aggressive members here argue just to create noise, but as we always say, there are many gems of wisdom here.

Endemic

Arcane
Running away from combat with stimpack-abuse is not "avoiding" combat.

The only forced battle is Hoover Dam, what the fuck are you on about? :roll:

You've already made up your mind on PE though so there's no point in me wasting time with further arguments.

"I don't expect to use level scaling much" suggests it will be used a little. :) Of course the "at all" portion turned out to be wrong.

Anyway it doesn't matter if it uses BG2-style scaling. IWD2 even hyped scaling as a feature:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/icewind-dale-ii/cover-art/gameCoverId,152948/
Auto-balancing game play balances the conflict to match your skill level.

Keep fighting the good fight, Roguey :) I clearly misjudged you before.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Pegging this at 3.3M (with paypal factored in) now, probably 9 or 10 (i doubt PE will hit 40K likes though) dungeon layers.

I wonder how different the house and stronghold will be though; was there any clearance about that?

Endemic

Arcane
But hey, whatever works!

Heh, I can think of much worse guys she could have a crush on. :P

Seriously though, what's your point? That we're bad for liking some Obsidian games or trusting them on this project? If the hive-mind wants to limit itself to turn-based games that's fine, but why piss on other projects if you could be following the ones you like?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom