Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian's next game is Tyranny, an isometric RPG set in a fantasy world where evil won

Deleted member 7219

A few of the programmers rotated off of PoE on to this. Tim Cain, as was already pointed out. Dan Spitzley too.

Brian Heins is the Project Director.
Matt Singh is the Lead Producer.

Matt MacLean is on it - I believe as a senior writer (maybe the lead? not sure).

Constant Gaw is on the team - senior or lead level designer maybe? Not sure.

Brian Menze is the Lead Artist..

Thanks man. Hope you don't get in trouble for revealing that. I recognise Tim, Dan, Matt and Brian. Dan is a vet of NV if I recall correctly.

Does the Oshcuro guy still work at Obsidian?

I have no idea who that is.

I think you are thinking of Dan Rubalcaba, though Spitzley might have as well.

Dan Spitzley was the lead programmer on Planescape: Torment and he was a Black Isle Vet. He honestly is probably one of the most talented people I have ever met - and he's a nice guy too.

Gosh I feel dumb now. Of course, I remember him being in the credits for Fallout 2 too.

And yes, I mean Jorge Selgado. I know he worked on New Vegas but I don't know what else.

Rev

Arcane
So, beside Tyranny, we'll finally be able to see that other Obsidian crowdfunding project in the coming months? Very interesting, hopefully this time we won't have to wait other two years to know something about it... :M

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I like how Anthony Davis revealed more in 10 minutes of posting than the entire presentation did. If he bothers to read this you have to tell your bosses to do better.

Fry

Arcane
Came here for the Anthony Davis posts, then read the first 15 pages. Mistakes were made.

Jesus Christ, this site needs a retard cull.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
And yes, I mean Jorge Selgado. I know he worked on New Vegas but I don't know what else.

Who can forget the video that temporarily turned a dozen Codexers gay?

Can't forget that deep voice from Pillars in-game dev commentary

Jorge's voice... If I could bottle that.

I like how Anthony Davis revealed more in 10 minutes of posting than the entire presentation did. If he bothers to read this you have to tell your bosses to do better.

...and I didn't even talk about the game!

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh yeah, Jorge is still here and that guy is AMAZING. Another unsung hero from FO:NV and PoE. Well, maybe some of his deeds have bubbled up here and there.
He also has a cool voice. If I were a girl, I would be really rooting for him.

Отправлено с моего SM-A510F через Tapatalk

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Re: Tim Cain, don't forget this interview: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10151

Feargus Urquhart: Not to tease, but we will have news in the next two or three months. We absolutely are looking at crowdfunding one of our next titles as well, so we’ll have news on that soon. I can say it’s been fun to sit around and talk with Tim Cain, Game Director of the original Fallout, about ideas for our next thing. I wish I could talk about it more.

Hey TimCain, was he talking about Tyranny?

no.

So does that mean that there are plans to have Tim Cain lead a game at some point or why hasn't it happened already and instead you have some no-names doing it? That is if there's any other reason besides the fact of just being Obsidian and wasting talent.
Or is he just not interested perhaps?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I wonder if this topic is going to reach PoE level proportions even before we actually get some real info about gameplay..

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Sawyer is surely busy doing pre-production work for PoE 2. I don't expect him to have any major role for Tyrrany.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Tim has explicitly stated he's not interested in leading a team (it's never been fun for him) and would rather just program.

That's a damn shame then.
Still I'm thinking more along the lines of lead designer rather than "director" or "producer" or whatever they call now the guy who just sits around and gives orders.
In short I'd like to have again a game with the scope of Fallout or Arcanum.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny, because Tim Cain was actually not the lead designer of Fallout but was the "producer".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom