Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian working on a New Game - Feargus Urquhart interview

Durwyn

Prophet
Vibalist said:
Matt7895 said:
Frankly I'm amazed there are still Obsidian devs here on the Codex, considering what an absolute shitehole this place has become.

Probably a good source of entertainment for them. I know I'd be laughing my ass off at sad individuals like Skyway if I was a game developer.

Reading through constant facepalm is rather hard.

Vibalist

Arcane
Durwyn said:
Vibalist said:
Matt7895 said:
Frankly I'm amazed there are still Obsidian devs here on the Codex, considering what an absolute shitehole this place has become.

Probably a good source of entertainment for them. I know I'd be laughing my ass off at sad individuals like Skyway if I was a game developer.

Reading through constant facepalm is rather hard.

Not if you take it for the joke that it is.

bat_boro

Arcane
Hey, guys, remember that sikrit project Vince was talking about, that was actually too good to be true - a professional game developer working with ITS on a hardcore RPG?
What if it is actually Obsidian he was talking about? What if this is their yet unnanounced game? :conspiracy:

Durwyn

Prophet
bat_boro said:
Hey, guys, remember that sikrit project Vince was talking about, that was actually too good to be true - a professional game developer working with ITS on a hardcore RPG?
What if it is actually Obsidian he was talking about? What if this is their yet unnanounced game? :conspiracy:

Dream on...

elander_

Arbiter
I have a feeling this new game is going to be something similar to Dragon Age.

kris

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
It feels cool - it makes incompetent developers that can't make one game right, let alone 3, be butthurt despite all the cocksucking they receive on the Codex for no reason. Because there are still some people who at least want their games not to CTD on launch at version 1.00 (without mentioning such unimportant things to Obsidian like gameplay).

there are more than two stances, more than two kinds of people in the world. Everyone is not a hater or fanboy.

bat_boro

Arcane
Dark_Paladin_Anti_Hero said:
There is nothing there that suggests Obsidian is no longer on development. Obsidian never said it was dead - just that it was on hold.

Well, the way I see it, this article implies that Obsidian is no longer running the project.
I mean, SEGA says "don't worry, guys, we still got it planned"
and at the same time Obsidian says "sorry guys, the project is put on hold"

and then there is that other thing mentioned in the article about that ex-employee (presumably a guy that lost his job on the Aliens RPG project) that says that the game is no longer in development at Obsidian

Deleted member 7219

Well, if Dragon Age is the spiritual successor *snicker* to Baldur's Gate, then the unannounced Obsidian project must be the spiritual successor to Icewind Dale.

NWN - NWN2
KOTOR - KOTOR2
ME - AP
Sonic (license w/Sega) - Aliens (license w/Sega)
DA (BG SS) - Sekrit RPG (IWD SS)

Lock-step

SoZ was the successor to IWD.

On the eve of destruction, in a forgotten page of
bat_boro said:
There is nothing there that suggests Obsidian is no longer on development. Obsidian never said it was dead - just that it was on hold.

Well, the way I see it, this article implies that Obsidian is no longer running the project.
I mean, SEGA says "don't worry, guys, we still got it planned"
and at the same time Obsidian says "sorry guys, the project is put on hold"

and then there is that other thing mentioned in the article about that ex-employee (presumably a guy that lost his job on the Aliens RPG project) that says that the game is no longer in development at Obsidian

What I've seen is
Sega: "The project is on hold."
Obsidian: "The project is on hold."
Sega: "The project is still in production." (Today's article)

The Voodoo Extreme article that creatively summarized the Joystiq article included added in speculation by someone who we know nothing about, mentioning "facts" that he does not link to.

Matt7895 said:
SoZ was the successor to IWD.

What?

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
At least skyway is consistent. Most people on here get apologetic and nice when a real developer posts, and return to shittalking later.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Did anyone post this?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/15/sega- ... liens-rpg/

The big, green gooey eggs containing Sega's long in development Aliens: Colonial Marines and Aliens RPG are going to hatch -- just not soon. When we asked why the games were absent from this year's E3, Sega replied, "Aliens vs. Predator will be the first to ship out of our triplet of Aliens titles; hence it was shown at this year's E3. We'll have more news to share about the other two games in the near future so stay tuned." Rumors of both titles being jettisoned out an airlock have been swirling since earlier this year.

:cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom