Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Oblivion fighter quests - the IGN preview

bryce777

Erudite
I just find it funny they make such a big deal of the horse. Even a stupid turnip farmer can own a horse. Any tiny, minor inconvenience such as a guard maybe, just maybe hassling you about th horse, should make it worth not stealing. For that matter you should get horses galore from winning combat, anyhow.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
But, again, doesn't it (edit: = running home to stables) mean that you can keep the horse only until you engage in combat? When you dismount to fight the horse starts to run home and you surely can't catch it - if you could it would mean that you run faster than a horse, rendering mounts useless :D

bryce777

Erudite
Elwro said:
But, again, doesn't it (edit: = running home to stables) mean that you can keep the horse only until you engage in combat? When you dismount to fight the horse starts to run home and you surely can't catch it - if you could it would mean that you run faster than a horse, rendering mounts useless :D

That's why you paralyse your horse every time you get off.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Rendelius said:
Those changes would bring that "arrest on sight when you have stolen goods" to us, something that the devs avoided (for the better, I think).
They did? Wasn't there a preview or two stating that you could be stopped when carrying stolen stuff?

I don't know how easy it is to steal a horse. As far as I know, only higher ranking guards will ride horses, and I don't think they will be easy to defeat.
That's the issue. You don't have to defeat them. One of the previews mentioned that a guard decided to attack, dismounted, naturally, as there is no mounted combat, the previewer's character jumped on his horse and rode away. Sounds kinds stupid, doesn't it?

Thrawn05

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
They did? Wasn't there a preview or two stating that you could be stopped when carrying stolen stuff?

Yeah, but I think Pete did some PR damage control later on stating that they only see the goods if they talk to you like in MW.

merry andrew

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
That's the issue. You don't have to defeat them. One of the previews mentioned that a guard decided to attack, dismounted, naturally, as there is no mounted combat, the previewer's character jumped on his horse and rode away. Sounds kinds stupid, doesn't it?
Stupid, yes. But also totally fun.

LOL I TOOK UR HOURSE

I wonder if you can use summoning spells while in mounted combat. Then after you stole their horse you could just summon stuff to fight them for you.

Kuato

Liturgist
Rendelius said:
Vault Dweller said:
Gwendo said:
Hummm... An arrow in the back of the head with double the damage... Didn't kill the damn goblin?
No location damage

I wonder if anyone will buy a horse, in Oblivion.
You'd have to. A stolen horse runs back to the rightful owner when you dismount (another dumb design decision)

Elaborate, please. Actually, I think this is a pretty clever design decision.

Sounds like they didnt take it far enough, Just think how fun it would have been if the stolen horse randomly throws its rider then runs away or even better the horse is given partial control over its direction so it can really be difficult for the horse thief to control the direction he is going..... yeah!.... high five for the NPC

Bethesda's Design Motto must be
"Punish the Player and Reward the NPC"

bryce777

Erudite
merry andrew said:
Vault Dweller said:
Stupid, yes. But also totally fun.

LOL I TOOK UR HOURSE

I wonder if you can use summoning spells while in mounted combat. Then after you stole their horse you could just summon stuff to fight them for you.

G-g-g-g I'll get you duke boys.

Go get 'im, flash!

Stella Brando

Arcane
theelderscrollsivoblivion20051.jpg

Rune_74

Novice
hmmm who says no mountain lions

seems to me mountain lions in the basement isn't that far a stretch

/http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11593795/[url]

Rune_74

Novice
no

no but I'm sure they have police and electricity as well as modern city sounds(and maybe a fence)....I'm also sure that in oblivion they have no tvs, cars etc

just thought it was funny to see an article about amountain lion after all this...

Lumpy

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Rendelius said:
Those changes would bring that "arrest on sight when you have stolen goods" to us, something that the devs avoided (for the better, I think).
Yes, but they were wrong. MSFD said so. The guy probably just had a bounty.

Tchan

Scholar
It seemed simple enough: find Arvena Thelas in Anvil and take care of her rat problem

It seemed simple enough: exit to windows and un-install.

Tintin

Arbiter
Tchan said:
Tintin said:
Wow, I am a twat.

Suit yourself .

Any other Codex cliches you'd like to reuse? How about some more Oblivion bashing or Fallout praise? If you want to be part of the kewl kidz this badly, that's probably where to start.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom