Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Oblivion E3 impressions at GameSpot

Fresh

Erudite
Sol Invictus said:
I wonder if there are pets in Oblivion. I hope I can get a pet wolf or something. I know it sounds like a really silly suggestion, like "I want crossbows!" but I think having a pet and having him level his skills up, and learn new abilities (e.g. new forms of attack) would be pretty sweet for the whole immersion factor.

Pokemon. :wink:

... but ye, pets/familiars would be fun.

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
Yeah, funny thing about that dog is that it's MY dog -- my wife (who's the lead character artist) created the mesh and used photos of our dog to create the textures. Folks at work had been having lots of fun destroying the poor thing in myriad ways, and then the DEMO came along...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
Yeah, funny thing about that dog is that it's MY dog -- my wife (who's the lead character artist) created the mesh and used photos of our dog to create the textures. Folks at work had been having lots of fun destroying the poor thing in myriad ways, and then the DEMO came along...

Poor doggy. I hope the player can have his own pet to scorch by accident, too! And some way to revive it.

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
MrSmileyFaceDude said:

:lol:

crpgnut

Augur
MSFD, maybe you can rename your dog to Kenny :)
Every day he gets to die a horrible death but he's always there for the next episode.
NOOoooOOOooo!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom