Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Malpercio

Arcane
Why did this get so much attention again? I wouldn't even bother to check it out normally, because it seemed like an another indie screensaver, but for some reason this trash is plastered all over internet.
Sony.

Nah, even before Sony the hype got immense, the VGX awards show of 2013 was so abysmal that when No Mans Sky appeared everyone lost their shit.

I think for some reason space sims that promise "tons of planet and real exploration" always get tons of hype even though they obviously are not going to deliver.

See also: Scam Citizen.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Game is good and will only get better, the technical aspects will be patched out.

How are you feeling?

no-mans-sky-4k-geforce-com-pc-screenshot-001.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tried it for an hour or two. It is first person Spore. It really is. But hilariously with even less to do in-game. It's just so bland. I traveled to three planets and they more or less looked the same, except the had different colors. They had the same randomly scattered bases with random loot. Found some creatures I renamed. What I found interesting here, and what solidifies my belief that it is first person Spore is that it said rename and upload. A 1kb creature was probably uploaded to the world and voilà - multiplayer.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Tried it for an hour or two. It is first person Spore. It really is. But hilariously with even less to do in-game. It's just so bland. I traveled to three planets and they more or less looked the same, except the had different colors. They had the same randomly scattered bases with random loot. Found some creatures I renamed. What I found interesting here, and what solidifies my belief that it is first person Spore is that it said rename and upload. A 1kb creature was probably uploaded to the world and voilà - multiplayer.

No, it is first person fallout 4 in a infinite themepark with less to do than fallout 4.

But they will expand it with patches, and eventualy there will be more stuff to do.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Not shit, just unfinished, this should be early acces and not full release.

If someone don't want to shell out 60 for what it is now, best to buy it a year from now for 30$, it will be cheaper and more features will be in the game.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
As this thing is everywhere on the internet but apparently not that well received, I had to check out some of the mainstream reviews. Gamespot's review indicates that there seems to be a side quest involved where something called Atlas ultimately will tell you how futile it is in life to gather material wealth. So is that the point of the game? You gather stuff to survive, to the point of being grindy, until you reach a location where the game tells you what a pointless activity in life it is to just live for material wealth and possessions? If so, then the hypocrisy of charging 60€ for the game, with such a huge marketing campaign with apparently (judged by stuff mentioned in this thread) half-truths concerning features in it and a botched pc-launch - all obviously in order to make it sell as much as possible - is on such a massive scale that I don't even...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
As this thing is everywhere on the internet but apparently not that well received, I had to check out some of the mainstream reviews. Gamespot's review indicates that there seems to be a side quest involved where something called Atlas ultimately will tell you how futile it is in life to gather material wealth. So is that the point of the game? You gather stuff to survive, to the point of being grindy, until you reach a location where the game tells you what a pointless activity in life it is to just live for material wealth and possessions? If so, then the hypocrisy of charging 60€ for the game, with such a huge marketing campaign with apparently (judged by stuff mentioned in this thread) half-truths concerning features in it and a botched pc-launch - all obviously in order to make it sell as much as possible - is on such a massive scale that I don't even...

Yes, it's only good when the overlords are rich, money is pointless for goys like you. Now give all your money goy because it will only bring you sadness in life.

Perkel

Arcane
Forgot to add to my impressions.

Music and sound design in this game is fucking amazing. Music especially.
I love how different this game sounds than almost any other space sim out-there.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Tried it a bit, it's ugly as fuck, stutters like crazy even with the 'fixes' and the gameplay systems are so boring I don't see how anyone would want to do this more than a couple of hours at most.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Tried it a bit, it's ugly as fuck, stutters like crazy even with the 'fixes' and the gameplay systems are so boring I don't see how anyone would want to do this more than a couple of hours at most.

You are playing it wrong, the point is to see new pretty planets and take screenshots and share them with your nu male cuck friends

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Still scam citizen will never be and ED is just a truck sim, so Fallout 4 in spaaaaaaaaaaaaace is the best space sim we get today.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Still at current state it is what I wanted it to be, i give it a 7/10 for a solid foundation (when technical aspects get fixed) for future updates which will bring more features (like the base building which was announced) which will make the game more fun.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Don't read the negative comments, most are from idiots who have no idea what this game was supposed to be.

The proc generation by Sean Murray is nothing short of amazing and can produce amazing vistas and sights - this is the main aspect of the game. The base foundation of the house that is NMS, it IS there, but in current state the only thing. Now comes the part to add more features so the game has 'more to do'

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's all good, It's aaaaaaaaaaall gooooood. The technical aspects are being worked on with the patches, and the new features will make the game even more awesome. The future is bright, can't wait to get myself lost in NMS.

635949013581119845-743504393_that-is-one-happy-dog-over-at-dogPACER.jpg

GrainWetski

Arcane
You only have to read the most liked review on Steam right now to understand it: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RexSol/recommended/275850/

This is exactly what I (and many others around here) thought the game would be, an absurdly shallow title that, because it's pretty and has strong colors, will be spared by a lot of people that will find it a relaxing experience and will enjoy derping around it. Who really thought this game would have good amount of meaningful content? Probably only people that started gaming in the last 3 years or something.

Notice the guy doesn't even complain that much about the dozens of technical problems the game apparently has. It's mostly the lack ot content and the since-reveal-trailer shitty attitude of the hipster faggots behind the development. Huge mess.

Also, I predicted this day one "mixed" score since I first laid my eyes on this game. Literally could see this from miles away. Game industry is truly predictable these days.

The game actually looks like garbage, though. I have no idea where the notion that it's pretty is coming form.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
In before No Mans Sky II anouncement. This time only with high quality hand made content, trailer showing 15 minutes of over-the-top cutscenes.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
just a pretty walking sim to fly around taking screenshots

Actualy this is it, later 'game' stuff was just added so there is something to do. I said earlier in this thread that anyone who wants to have an idea of what this game is should go and check out space engine.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
The problem is that hypothetically you could really take this game anywhere, which I think is the problem the developers ran into, I do believe that Hello Games genuinely wanted to make it so that you could see other players in the game until they either ran out of time or ran into other technical flaws.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom