Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Next gen Fable 2 leaked

Texas Red

Whiner
Apparently. Fable 2 looks a lot more shit than Fallout 3 but I'd like to read some impressions here anyway.

Nedrah

Erudite
God damn it, why do they keep leaking these things for the 360? Now this really means pc gaming is doomed.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I was never excited about Fable II anymore than Fallout 3. Eh. Shit AAA RPGs.

Nedrah said:
God damn it, why do they keep leaking these things for the 360?

Fable II is Xbox-exclusive.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll wait for the inevitable PC version and then torrent it.
Why don't they just release the PC version right away instead of making it console exclusive first? Bah.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'm actually going to buy Fable 2. I liked the first Fable so I have a strong feeling I'll like the second Fable.

edit: Seems like Lionhead invested in better voice acting.

Deleted member 7219

Andyman Messiah said:
I'm actually going to buy Fable 2. I liked the first Fable so I have a strong feeling I'll like the second Fable.

edit: Seems like Lionhead invested in better voice acting.

Apparently they've got Stephen Fry, Bill Nighy and Helena Bonham Carter. Carter has done voice-over work before, I don't know how good the other two are voice-acting though.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Stephen Fry is a well-known british actor and narrator of audiobooks. He was in Blackadder. Bill Nighy is also a great british actor. Unfortunately, I suppose he's best known as Davy Jones from the Pirates of the Carribean movies.

Very cool of Lionhead.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Don't you see that this means Lionhead are trying to compete with Bethesda's Sean Bean, Star Trek-guy and Terence Stamp?

Fable 3 will surely have Morgan Freeman cast as the player's father.

Deleted member 7219

Andyman Messiah said:
Stephen Fry is a well-known british actor and narrator of audiobooks. He was in Blackadder. Bill Nighy is also a great british actor. Unfortunately, I suppose he's best known as Davy Jones from the Pirates of the Carribean movies.

Very cool of Lionhead.

Yes, I know who they are. I'm not a fucking moron. My question was, are they good VOICE actors?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Matt7895 said:
Andyman Messiah said:

Very cool of Lionhead.

Yes, I know who they are. I'm not a fucking moron. My question was, are they good VOICE actors?
They have GOOD VOICES, Matt my little snugglepuss! Both have done the THEATRE! Fry, as I said, has narrated a helluva lot of audiobooks. I'd say his voice is very well-known and very much TRUSTED. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
STEPHEN FRY! THE FAMOUS HOMOSEXUAL NARRATOR OF THE HARRY POTTER AUDIOBOOKS!! BUY FABLE 2 - HEAR STEPHEN FRY!!!

uhjghvt

Scholar
DoppelG said:
Wait, Stephen fucking Fry?
I'm so going to buy this game now.
(no sarcasm)
huh? do you have posters of him in your bedroom or something?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Brother None said:
Anyway, having watched a bit of this game, I must say the dialogue is...not very good. I'm not sure why OXM was raving about the game's charm.
i was under the impression that oxm ratings were mostly hype-based.

Andyman Messiah said:
Fable 3 will surely have Morgan Freeman cast as the player's father.
with molyneux being a crypto-racist, there are no sub-humans in or involved with fable, and never will be.

freeman should do (more) vg voice overs though.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Matt7895 said:
Subhumans? Fuck off.
i was being mostly (the serious part is that molyneux really gives me a crypto-racist vibe) sarcastic, playing on there being only whites in both fables.

Drakron

Arcane
Well funny enough, there was not much of Asian people in Europe in the 14th century ... or even Black people.

You might call it racist but honestly ... there is a reason why for millennium there was racial hegemony, not we can say that ... oh, no ... only white people are racist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom