Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New screenshots for East India Company

racofer

Thread Incliner
Piracy will ruin this game.

Dmitron

Arbiter
I look forward to playing this game. My home town was founded by the Dutch East India company. I plan to corrupt the natives all over again.

Witchblade

Scholar
Bad news about Lighthouse Interactive. :o :(
Hopefully the game will still come out - but perhaps delayed? It does look quite close to completion, so I'm hoping. It's looking good so far.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I think it will come out. Developer is still posting new bits and sticking to regular schedules. The game seems pretty close to completion, maybe they will have to release it under a new umbrella though. Which could of course mean trouble and fuck up future development.

Burning Bridges

Hm, still no news on Lighthouse ..

But amazon has release as Feb 27, should come out before summer then.

http://www.amazon.com/East-India-Compan ... 565&sr=1-1

screenshot_flute.jpg

Burning Bridges

Lighthouse is defintely gone.

New, unconfirmed rumors about a new publisher appeared.

Very good ones actually: PARADOX!!

As Scandinavians can read on Gamer.no (http://gamer.no/article.php?articleId=617), East India Company will be published by Paradox Interactive, and released in September. Here's a quote from Paradox Vice-President Fredrik Wester:

This is a great game, and when given the opportunity to publish it, this was an easy decision to make. There hasn't been a good trade/fight/build game in a long time where you can manage huge ships and just go havoc on the seven seas. I think this is a welcome addition to the gamers who miss titles like Port Royale and other games in the same genre.

As some of you know, Lighthouse Interactive went bankrupt in January. Congratulations to Nitro Games for securing a new publisher. :)

http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/f ... =20&t=2201

Eldritch

Scholar
Looking really cool but how come there's no Ottomans mang. They were mostly the friggin reason you nigs invented that route and later had some pretty intense battles they were promptly pwned by the later hardened western sailors of the age of discovery.

Burning Bridges

I concur, the factions are rubbish. They probably have included Sweden/Denmark and Holy Roman crap for marketing reasons.

There are many such nitpicks. The game should have Ottomans and galleys. Then it should also include Venice and Genoa. The ship of the line and frigate should be replaced, they were no trading ships. There should be caravels instead. Etc etc ..

But in the core this game is sound.

Seems they have moved to a new forum already:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/for ... .php?f=420

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Blackadder said:
Interesting about the Scandies. Never knew that one. What wiped them out in the end?

As Kris said, Sweden was not really a major player, as well as a late starter, though the Swedish EIC was quite profitable for a while. What happened was that the major countries instituted mercantilistic policies, such as the UK only allowing goods from the East Indies that had sailed on British ships the whole way. The Swedish market for far eastern goods wasn't big enough to sustain a full scale trading company, so the EIC relied on merchants from other European countries to buy a lot of their goods. The Swedish EIC eventually fizzled out by in the early years of the 19th century.

Luzur

Good Sir
Blackadder said:
kris said:
The real quesion is. Who are the Italians?

Interesting about the Scandies. Never knew that one. What wiped them out in the end?

The "Italians" is the usual lazy rubbish that game companies have used for years. In MTW the Italians were present as well. I suppose there would be at least two major Iti factions, Genoa and Venice. Maybe Sicily unless Spain already owns it by then. Possibly a few other cities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_East_India_Company

Andhaira

Arcane
Fuck the east india company.FUcking colonists brought about the end of Muslim rule in india.

Radech

Augur
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_Danish_colonies

Denmark was somewhat active in that area, although a minor player. All went to hell when we sided with napoleon though and britain bombed us to shit with friggin´ rockets, we never really recovered and went into the bacon buisness :P

but i kinda like that minor players are also representet as long as they make it somewhat historically accurate like europa unversalis, it´s nice to play the apache even though you know you´re most likely going to get fucked when the white man shows up :P

Burning Bridges

Ok I really wait this game, but it looks release was postponed to Fall 2009. Thats bad, but from my feeling, the additional time should mean it will be good when it comes out.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Looks great, its Port Royal ringing in my ears and thats good. Though i dont know how dynamic/controlable combat will be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom