Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New screenshots for East India Company

Kaiserin

Liturgist
This game had better actually come out, I've been waiting for the second coming of Pirates! since the first.

Pliskin

Arbiter
I was impressed when the obviously clueless and bored interviewer asks "will there be faction specific ships?", and Soares answers, "No, they were pretty much all the same." Historic accuracy FTW!

Tho, I'm a bit put off by the incredibly small scale of the strategic map. Cities look almost adjacent. That can't be right.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
There is a bunch of really new screenshots and some preview in Finish, but still no new release date. I would really like to play this now.

http://plaza.fi/edome/arvostelut/east-i ... -ennakko,0

east_india_company_enn_2.jpg

Tulossa: PC syksyllä 2009

what means syksyllä?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Preview translated: (I can't be bothered to do it properly, so I'm just summarizing)

Fascinating age of merchantment arrives to PC on next fall when Nitro Games plans to release their East India Company-strategy game.

Two ways to command your ships: RTS-view is useful to command several ships but if shit hits the fan, you can take control of a single ship and the view shifts as well. You can angles of fire for cannons only when directly controlling a ship.

Wind is of utmost importance, though with easiest realism setting, ships will always move but with full realism, wind can and will negate your attempts to move your ship.

Overconfident captain easily looses his ship before one learns the importance of weather (storms and night time are in).

Slower and more realistic than a typical RTS. Looks very promising. Graphix ain't shiny but suitable and "targeted audience will most likely value AI and realism over efects".

No bugs or crashes with preview-version, which included 3 battles. No actual trading or town building in the preview so the journalist raises few questions, mainly can the trading stand up and whether the combat will turn boring in late game. Multiplayer is also a question mark.

Burning Bridges

TCancer has now coverage for the two recent preview builds of EIC:

part 1 (tactical)
part 2 (campaign)

Just a small clarification to the preview, the developer blog expressively states that prices will be dynamic, so this feature must have been absent from the demo.

Another thing that makes me very hopeful, is that the change of publishers also brought a 180 degrees swing with regards to mods: announcement.

This is all the more important as the battles are a nightmare for realism lovers, so there will have to be hefty modding on that part.

Burning Bridges

I would try the demo and monitor the paradox forums. Not everyone is happy with the game so far.

Burning Bridges

Can't you simply try the demo? But as I wrote in the review, imo it's more of a truck company manager with sail ships.

Burning Bridges

hundreds of other new games to play, eh?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom