Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New game demonstrates awesomeness of DX11

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Hmmm, Blacklight is a MP-only game. Smart, unlike all those made-for-MP FPSes with SP campaigns that nobody plays. Think Call of Duty.

LordDenton

Augur
It's not a Direct X 11 game you moron. It uses Unreal Engine 3 (DirectX 9 engine with some DX10/11 effects).

But then again, you might be trolling in which case 10/10, since you got me.

MetalCraze

Arcane
BAAAAWWWWW it's "DX9 engine with some DX10/11 effects" so it doesn't count!

We all know that DX11 will rock your world - devs are just too lazy to make a single game utilizing it!

spekkio

Arcane
This thread is even more gay than the previous one.

-10/10

:yawn:

Nostradumbass

Scholar
LordDenton said:
It's not a Direct X 11 game you moron. It uses Unreal Engine 3 (DirectX 9 engine with some DX10/11 effects).

baronjohn: a guy who thought this game is 'leading the world in graphics', or is just a terribad troll. so he's either a genuinely retarded and confused linux fanboy, or a retarded linux troll. neither possibility is really good for him.

skyway: Chernobyl baby who regularly produces gems such as this:

skyway said:
And 5870 is the amount of transistors, SPUs, etc. available on 4890 - roughly speaking - multiplied by two, so? Basically the same thing as having dual GPU.

..truly demonstrating his understanding of computers.

his knowledge of games is just as stellar:

skyway said:
BG didn't have RTWP combat - it was turn-based there with auto-turn every 6 seconds

skyway is just a luddite who doesnt like the idea of "upgrading" because money can only go so far in Ukraine. not just directx, but he is even convinced windows 7 is evil too.

hell he's been ranting about directx for years, as you can see in this thread from 2009 where that first quote was pulled from:

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... aebc858df5

oh no, it's all con to get your money! oh right, cos that's the only reason to buy a new card... directx, right? it's not like people buy new cards for getting better performance first and foremost...

Nostradumbass

Scholar
LordDenton said:

baronjohn: a guy who thought this game is 'leading the world in graphics', or is just a terribad troll. so he's either a genuinely retarded and confused linux fanboy, or a retarded linux troll. neither possibility is really good for him.

skyway: Chernobyl baby who regularly produces gems such as this:

skyway said:
And 5870 is the amount of transistors, SPUs, etc. available on 4890 - roughly speaking - multiplied by two, so? Basically the same thing as having dual GPU.

..truly demonstrating his understanding of computers.

his knowledge of games is just as stellar:

skyway said:
BG didn't have RTWP combat - it was turn-based there with auto-turn every 6 seconds

skyway is just a luddite who doesnt like the idea of "upgrading" because money can only go so far in Ukraine. not just directx, but he is even convinced windows 7 is evil too.

hell he's been ranting about directx for years, as you can see in this thread from 2009 where that first quote was pulled from:

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=928410

oh no, it's all con to get your money! oh right, cos that's the only reason to buy a new card... directx, right? it's not like people buy new cards for getting better performance first and foremost...

I don't think you guys watched the whole thing... did you SEE the Full Scene Anti Aliasing? That shit was incredible, I can't believe how advanced tech has gotten.

LordDenton

Augur
MetalCraze said:
BAAAAWWWWW it's "DX9 engine with some DX10/11 effects" so it doesn't count!

We all know that DX11 will rock your world - devs are just too lazy to make a single game utilizing it!

DirectX 11 was released in Oct 2009. It is now July 2011. Games (especially those with maximum quality graphics) take longer than a year to develop. Think before you type.

And besides, DX11 hardware is currently scarce, so it's a given that devs aren't going to focus on it. It will be years before we see the real benefits of DirectX 10 or 11.

baronjohn

Cipher
DX10 was released on November 30, 2006 to consumers (gfx developers and major gamedevs of course had all the details and probably working cards long before that).

Where are all the awesome DX10 games?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Oh noes evil skyway called me a moron for believing every thing hype machine says I will now spend hours digging through his post history and cut quotes out of context to make him look bad baaaaawww

it's not like people buy new cards for getting better performance first and foremost...
Yes and that's what I do as well

But my point is that do I have to buy a new videocard to get 300 more polygons on flags in 6 years old-tech Dirt 2? Because apparently my current one can't handle that horrible load increase! I mean how can I live with a 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 FPS loss?! I gotta buy DX11 card now to unlock 300 more polys on helmets in CoP which renders 50k polys at once at best

Thanks for being a moron who misses a point again.

LordDenton said:
DirectX 11 was released in Oct 2009. It is now July 2011. Games (especially those with maximum quality graphics) take longer than a year to develop. Think before you type.
Wow it means Far Cry was developed in less than 1.5 years! Thanks for the heads up.

And besides, DX11 hardware is currently scarce, so it's a given that devs aren't going to focus on it. It will be years before we see the real benefits of DirectX 10 or 11.

Yes we all know everyone had a DX9 videocard when HL2 and Chronicles of Riddick came out. Or Far Cry.
And HL2 is just a DX7 game with DX8/DX9 effects!

BTW when will enough people get DX10 videocards? It's been nearly 5 years and apparently DX10 games are still not released, but I hope the development goes along with the time plan!

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I'm pretty sure these are all standard features of the new Unreal Engine 3.5 or whatever it's up to now. I'm also not sure any of these actually require DirectX 11, either, and it's quite they're just material presets you get in UDK right out of the box. Pick X from drop-down list, get shiny effect on object, done.

First Blacklight was pretty mediocre, got it for $2 on sale and spent an hour struggling to connect to games. Map design was decent but ultimately nothing special, feel of the gunplay was mushy crap and it had one of the most boring visual styles I've ever seen - you think games are brown and grey, they look like a fucking rainbow next to Blacklight, which might as well have been in black and white. Suffice is to say, no real high hopes for this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom