Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Russians are leading the world once again

baronjohn

Cipher
in computer graphics. This is a screenshot from They're Alive! by Orion Games.

imKuR8.png

Check out those reflections and shadows. Not even Crysis does it that well. Runs great too.

Also, I'm just like ten minutes in and god damn this game freaky :love:

MapMan

Arcane
No. You're wrong. Did you miss the new UDK version thread? Actually, the only thing that's 'new' is the reflection on the ceiling but UDK has it too since the lastest update.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Looks crappy and heavily outdated. I though cubemapping and soft shadows stopped being special 5 years ago together with boxes instead of detail?

Or do you mean they are leading backwards again?

Ah I forgot - you've installed WinXP recently. Which allows you to finally see for the first time something we, superior OS users, got tired of half of a decade ago - DX8

Pro-tip: if you really want to show off the shader work of an eastern bloc dev - use Cryostasis next time

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah I can't see anything special in that shot. Boring generic empty room isn't really the best environment to show off fancy graphics, either, because there's nothing fancy about a generic empty room no matter how awesome your engine is. It's in the nature of generic empty rooms to be unimpressive.

Jigawatt

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Looks crappy and heavily outdated. I though cubemapping and soft shadows stopped being special 5 years ago together with boxes instead of detail?

Or do you mean they are leading backwards again?

Ah I forgot - you've installed WinXP recently. Which allows you to finally see for the first time something we, superior OS users, got tired of half of a decade ago - DX8

Pro-tip: if you really want to show off the shader work of an eastern bloc dev - use Cryostasis next time

Skyway shows his lack of knowledge again, DX9 is just DX8 with version_id++

baronjohn

Cipher
You guys are full of shit. Look at the 3 reflections of the light. There are no games on the market that do that.

MetalCraze

Arcane
baronjohn said:
You guys are full of shit. Look at the 3 reflections of the light. There are no games on the market that do that.

Either you are trolling or my jokes about linuxfags never seeing a shader in their life are correct. I so wish it is the latter :lol:

baronjohn

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
baronjohn said:

Either you are trolling or my jokes about linuxfags never seeing a shader in their life are correct. I so wish it is the latter :lol:
Pix or ur lying

baronjohn

Cipher
Hand loss imminent? Too much jerking off I guess

RPGCodex more like FAGCodex hahahhahahahahha

I'm out, gonna fuck my gf bye losers

MCA
lolwut

No other game that does that some trick that got old a couple years back? Dude... even Oblivion does it. When was the last time you played a FPS? 2002?

And those are pretty shitty wood textures. Entire shot looks like it was lifted from some shitty Home Designer software with shitty rendering.

And why is it that Codex is so full of fags who haven't played a single recent game outside RPGs and then the moment they some game, it's the best?

waywardOne

Arcane
terrible. even though the door panes are translucent they should still cast shadows. the so-called lighting is treating them as cutouts.

i wouldn't trash the game because of retarded graphics, but this is in no way any kind of incline for the motherland.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom