Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

new FO3 gameplay videos - including dialogs

fastpunk

Arbiter
Oy! Oy! Oy! Head on over to Shacknews to view 5 (that's right, Five! ) new videos of Bethesda's upcoming role-playing game, Fallout 3, which is a true sequel to FO1 and the best game of the year.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54484

Gerrard

Arcane
Also on gametrailers.

I like how he armed the bomb in plain sight.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
OH THE BLOOM!!!

People, you got to see the Nuke in the Megaton, it's the biggest WTF in your life - you think it would be a Warhead, think again (the 2nd movie).

Quilty

Magister
I just watched the first minute of the first video and already NERD RAGE seized me when he unlocked an achievement: escape from vault.

I need a break before I tackle the next minute.

WhiskeyWolf said:
People, you got to see the Nuke in the Megaton, its the biggest WTF in your life (the 2nd movie).
Mr. Burke's voice sounds very out of place. And that bomb is giant...and just sitting there! people were praying to it while he armed it.

BillyOgawa

Scholar
Wow, major Oblivion deja-vu when he "harvests" an egg clutch and then gets attacked by walking crabmen. Ugh.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
BillyOgawa said:
Wow, major Oblivion deja-vu when he "harvests" an egg clutch and then gets attacked by walking crabmen. Ugh.
Did you heard Pete, he sad "to shoot in the face " when refering to the crabmans weak point - is he really that stupid, the carb has an "eye" not a face.

What really cracks me up is that "Hey mister! You new here? Want to blow this place up/deliver a package for me", people in FO3 are very trustful.

The 10mm Pistol sounds like a stitching machine and the Assault Rifle souds like a stitching machine on auto.

Quilty

Magister
I kinda like the visuals, and some of the humor (the "scenic outlook" sign did contrast nicely with the destroyed landscape), and the faces are definitely better than Oblivion's, but everything seems so barren. Too much walking around and shooting stuff, not enough actual quests'n'dialogue bits. At least quality ones.

Quilty

Magister
Skald said:
What the fuck? Nice work with generic hollywood music. It appears they don't even need Soule for that.

But hey, you can listen to Ella Fitzgerald while shooting crabs in the face and that definitely saves them from damnation in my eyes.

WhiskeyWolf said:
Did you heard Pete, he sad "to shoot in the face " when refering to the crabmans weak point - is he really that stupid, the carb has an "eye" not a face.
Yeah, i heard Pete in the background "BUY ZAT GAMEEEY!". Loud and clear. :wink:

PS: Todd is famous for confusing different body parts for a face. Especially when it comes down to women.

MisterStone

Arcane
Geezus that was fucking stupid. THe bomb quest is so fucking retarded... dumbass gives you an object, you walk over to the bomb in broad daylight, and arm the damn thing. Oh, and someone remind me again why people would build a settlement around a fucking undetonated bomb? Or how having a huge irradiated crater and massive fallout cloud could help the guy that hired you? This game was written by and for retards.

Also, I like how the guy gets shot in the back like five times without dying. No siree, this is nothing like Doom. Nope.

Mareus

Magister
Pros:
1. I liked the atmosphere when the vault started to open (disregarding Todd's moronic explanation: The vault which no one enters and no one leaves -> Your dad just escaped).
2. The sound of the doors opening was great. The blur when you see the sun for the first time was a nice touch. The world looked great.
3. Dialogs are huge improvement over Oblivion. I saw the 16% speech skill option, which is good, because it means you will probably be able to use some non-fighting skills to get more information and hopefully to solve some quests non-violently, but this is yet to be seen.
4. Megaton looked pretty good. The voices of people are way better than in Oblivion and so far they sound very good. I liked the conversation about the radio and the people trying to calm down the bartender who was pissed about radio transmission.

Cons:
1. Right when you escape the vault which no one enters and no one leaves you get 20G something with a clink sound. WTF? Level up sound is also awful and it completely breaks the immersion.
2. Worshiping a bomb is still moronic. How come no one asked you what you are doing when Todd started activating the bomb?
3. Battles still look awful, and that VATS slow motion camera is a monstrosity. AI is terrible and real time battles suck big time.
4. That Afro-American option in character creation still looks out of place, but for me it is no biggie.
5. Exploding cars with just few shots of your pistol... WTF?
6. Radioactive water that heals you, but gives you radiation still sounds retarded.
7. The music Todd chose doesn't fit the mood of the game.
8. I don't like how you examine your inventory through VATS on your hand.
9. The mission text starts appearing while you are still talking with Burke. Immersion breaking.

Skald

Novice
I actually watched the whole thing. Ugh. So they're changing an awesome rpg game into a mediocre shooter? Bravo!

That's the best line of dialogue, if you missed it :

A job usually means I'm paid.

But maybe it's just me who has found it amusing.

And by the way - VATS still looks like shit.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Skald said:
I actually watched the whole thing. Ugh. So they're changing an awesome rpg game into a shitty shooter? Bravo!
fix

Castanova

Prophet
This made me even more depressed about it because the video showed a game that had a lot of potential and looks to deliver on virtually none of it. I wish they had just made it an all out FPS game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom