Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This seems strangely appropriate to this thread: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/02/neverwinter-nights-love-you-to-death.html

Neverwinter Nights: Love you to death, Valentine!

Love knows no bounds!

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Your plane is blessed
All because of you!

One of our Beamdog community members, Shaydh, drew these amazing Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Valentine’s Day cards of The Valsharess and Mephistopheles. Shaydh, you are our Valentine! A NWN:EE t-shirt is coming your way!

We’ll have a magical time together!

Who in the Forgotten Realms would you send a Valentine’s card to? Let us know on Twitter, Facebook, or in the forums!

Need more Valentine's Day cards? Check out last year's set by ButterCheese!

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Immortal, stop teasing me with NWN2 true TOEE style TB. My heart cannot take it.

The only turn based system for NWN2 I've seen is the video I linked you.
There's no teasing intended. I'm just talking about what's possible using NWScript.

Mustawd He's full of shit. I doubt he has even played ToEE. :lol:

Just in case you try to delete this later. :lol:

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
ToEE styled turn based could be added if someone wanted to spend the time, even without source code.

The problem would be overcoming what is already hard-coded into the system, and that may not be possible. Creating a system whereby only one character can move while the others do nothing, or a system where only one character can act at a time might not be feasible without having actual source code. So many things in both versions of Neverwinter Nights are built-in and not able to be changed. If they were able to be changed, someone would have developed a turn-based engine years ago...or full-party-control...or whatever else people seem to want.

There are a lot of things you can do with the scripting engines in these games. But, at the end of the day, they're still only scripting engines with very defined boundaries that don't give you the keys to the kingdom. You aren't going to be able to easily change what's in there using just the scripting engine in the toolset, or as I already mentioned, someone would have already accomplished it long ago.

Now, if you have access to the source code, that's a completely different matter. But, even then, you're talking about a whole rewrite of the combat engine, which is not a very easy task and would require a lot of man hours to accomplish.

I have to ask if you know anything about programming. I find that when people think these things are easy, it's usually because they've never had any experience coding or building their own games, and really don't know how involved the whole process can be. And, if you do know how to code and really believe it can be done without the source code...what's stopping you from doing it yourself?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Anytime someone claims that something no-one has ever done is easy to do, they are talking out of their ass. If converting NWN or NWN2 to TB with only scripts was possible, it would have been done already.

Lhynn

Arcane
Immortal isnt wrong, its possible.

Why you would ever waste your time like that i have no idea, especially considering itd be shit. But you could.

d1nolore

Savant
Its possible to make a Frankenstein system, horridly buggy and shite. Doing it for the monsters would be easier, just disable their default systems and build a round based system. But you'd have to micro manage their every action. Doing it for the PC would be a lot harder trying to restrict their actions. I don't know if you have access to pause in nwscript, I don't think you do. It would be a mammoth task rewriting spells to fit and building all the NPC combat AI, and there would be likely no payoff.

I can't imagine such a system working properly and not making the game horrible to play.

Both are right in that its possible to try making a system but its not possible to make a proper or worthwhile system without source code. Unless there was some way to use overrides/haks/whatever which I have no idea about.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Cael hasn't been here long and it's already put monocled 'Dexers on ignore. Its butthurt is palpable.
Ignoring people is a show of cuntiness,even the annoying assholes. A true man laugh at the cowardice of people that only rate him and don't talk back.

I deserve a medal and a special title.

Yes, you do deserve a special title.

Infinitron, why can people circumvent the Dumbfuck! tag by creating alts? Roqua was dumbfucked once, it is time his hard-earned title was restored to him.
:negative: Not again,sharing a tag with truly dumb people hurts my feels. Last time was anvi trying to educate bunch of people in a Thief thread how Thief games are shit because they don't have water arrows and you have to hide. Why are all those idiots going around showing their intellectual inferiority,and then proudly stating that they are the smartest person that have blessed the codex with its existence,and how dumb everyone else is?
Don't worry, you got two so you are still winning the shitposter race.
They are pretty amusing,hope that the edgy one stays forever. By the way,which archangel are you?

Anyway,putting a party control will fuck up most of the game's balance. Maybe a partial control over the henchman will be good. Like pointing him what to smash and telling him what to cast.

What a pussy ass bitch. You have somehow managed to bring shame to Bulgaria by being such a fucking chicken - and this was thought to be an impossible feat by even the handful of people that have heard of it and the filthy, sackless peasants that inhabit it. You really do need a special chicken tag, but until then why don't you go help your mother wash the dishes and clean your sister's underwears you fucking pansy ass woman.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
What a pussy ass bitch. You have somehow managed to bring shame to Bulgaria by being such a fucking chicken.
I thought the biggest shame to Bulgaria was losing in Quidditch so hard Viktor Krum had to stop the match with an honor Snitch, I don't know if shitposting on the internet is more shameful than that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What a pussy ass bitch. You have somehow managed to bring shame to Bulgaria by being such a fucking chicken.
I thought the biggest shame to Bulgaria was losing in Quidditch so hard Viktor Krum had to stop the match with an honor Snitch, I don't know if shitposting on the internet is more shameful than that.
Silence you person that knows things about us ;). Stop baiting him like that mate,or he will keep doing it for a week.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Silence you person that knows things about us ;). Stop baiting him like that mate,or he will keep doing it for a week.

I really don't know how you fish can live with no honor, gumption, or guts. Its a fucking online quiz. I friendly competition. And you're still too chicken? You can run your retard mouth at 500 miles an hour but when its time to put up or shut up, you'll go on like some sort of amalgamation of a man without balls, a retard, a loser barman, and a filthy peasant. Seriously, how do you live with yourself? If you had any sort of pride the shame would kill you.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Go to GD Roqua and shitpost your internet tough guy bullshit there. Other people are trying to shitpost about Beamdog here.

So now an IQ test is internet tough guy bullshit? You retards are dead set on proving me right. You have to be, like, super tough to answer questions on an online quiz from the comfort of your own home. Most people don't survive the experience.

Look, you kids infested this place and run your fucking retard mouths non-stop. I hate getting in fights with all you monkeys, but I don't start it. Once one of you retards proves you have the absolute minimal amount of pride and balls to take the test, I'll hard hard numbers I can reply with when one you monkeys bleats your retard gibberish at me going forward.

Or, if you sackless monkey morons had the right chromosomes you'd join me in harassing the site leadership in letting me have the sub-forum for people who actually like rpgs and then we'd never have to communicate. No more retard fights for me, and no more annoying adult with a brain ruining everything by always being right for you guys.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Haven't read the last few pages. What happened? Why is Lilura spamming shit ratings? :lol:

Because I can. What are you gonna do about it?
Because it is her moment of the month :) .
tumblr_mpmsxrzr7K1r415yyo4_500.gif

d1nolore

Savant
Sounds like someone was alone and rejected on Valentine's day. If you want to be someones Valentine you need to put out more sugar and less vinegar sweetie cakes.

:ehue:

Mustawd

Haven't read the last few pages. What happened? Why is Lilura spamming shit ratings? :lol:

1.) immortal said it's possible to make ToEe style turn based combat in Nwn or Nwn2 usong only scripting. But then when confronted on actually doing it, he balked. But it was an interesting point. Im going to buy like $30 worth of powerball tickets. If I win I'll prolly pay someone to do this. After that I will give Jarl Frank's game some monies.

2.) Roqua started some retard fight with some bulgarian. Which reminded me of that Bulgarian soccer player from the 1990 world cup. I dont remember his name, bit he was p. good. I mean you'd have to be to be remembered as a bulgarian. Right?

3.) Oh right...yah I don't know why Lilura went on a shit rating spree. But she runs a good blog. So who cares? *shrugs*

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/02/nwnee-8159-patch-notes-and-steam-beta.html

NWN:EE 8159 Patch Notes and the Steam Beta Begins!

The next step towards the launch of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is a beta on Steam. Over the next few weeks, we’d love to hear feedback from Steam = players on Friend Lists, Steam Workshop, stability, and about any translation errors.

To get access to the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Steam beta, pre-order NWN:EE on Beamdog.com. Find out more about how to get your Steam key here.

Community participation in the Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start program has been amazing! Your submitted bugs, feature discussions in the Beamdog forums, and participation with the input and roadmap Trello boards has really helped light the way. Keep on letting us know what features and fixes you want to see!

Fixes
  • Added a crash fix happening on the Multiplayer screen.
  • NWN:EE now shows the disconnect reason even when playing on a localhost server.
  • Multiplayer server filters (“Latency”, “Game Name”, “Don’t show empty”) are back.
  • LAN game discovery is back.
  • “Masterver knows our address” no longer spams into the logs.
Features
  • Servers should now enumerate and connect faster
  • Steam Workshop now supports thumbnails properly. To add a thumbnail image, include thumbnail.jpg or thumbnail.png in the root directory of your mod
  • More work has gone into Steam Friends; they should now display properly, regardless of server reachability.
  • Per-vertex color streams, named “colors”, can now be supplied per mesh in model files. This will permit content creators to send per-vertex colors to any shader with the named attribute “vCustomColor”.
  • Previously only one texture coordinate stream (named “tverts” in the model file) was supported per mesh. We now support three additional texture coordinate streams, named “tverts1”, “tverts2”, and “tverts3”, which will be linked to any shaders with the named attributes “vTcIn1”, “vTcIn2”, and “vTcIn3”.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/02/how-to-get-your-neverwinter-nights.html

How To Get Your Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Steam Key

Steam keys for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Head Start players are now available on Beamdog.com. Redeeming a key on Steam enters you into the beta and will add the game to your Steam library.

If you purchased the Digital Deluxe bundle, Steam keys for each piece of DLC will appear in your Game Key list. Please redeem them all.

To find and redeem your key or keys, just follow these steps:

Step 1: Log in to your account on Beamdog.com using the Sign In option at the top of the page.

Step 2: Navigate to the Game Keys tab and copy the 15 character key code next to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. If you purchased the Digital Deluxe bundle, Steam keys for each piece of DLC will also appear here.

Step 3: Open your Steam Client and select the Activate a Product on Steam option.

Step 4: Paste or enter your Neverwinter Nights Steam key into the Product Activation area and select next.

Congratulations! You now should have Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition in your Steam Library.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom