Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

neverwinter nights 2 is a piece of shit

Delterius

Arcane
who else here spent as much time in character creation as in the actual game?
kept rolling builds to see how the shit works all day and prestige classes were like, "whoaa! i can mix weird shit together!!"
a game in and of itself..
Yeah, the fun in NwN2 ends when you start the game. But dreaming about a better game with all those options is what makes up for most of my playtime as well.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Because it's prerequisite for playing Mask of the Betrayer?
Dont kill me but I never played it, my contempt for the game after that short playthrough was big enough to forget about it since.

You DON'T have to import a character for MotB, from NWN2 (just make a new one). It is one of the best D&D cRPG's in years Obsidian has ever done (minus the crap RTwP). Of note, none of the people who worked on it, work at Obsidian anymore... :M

That's not true.

eremita

Savant
Yeah.

To find a face that wasn't ugly as sin.

http://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/212

This thread makes me sad. So much hate for the best game Obsidian has ever created... In the end NWN2 as a full package (including Mysteries of Westgate and number of essential mods) is the best DnD CRPG with RTwP combat ever made. I even came to appreciate the OC - together with its two excellent expansions, it is an epic and consistent journey which manages to capture the feel of DnD just like BG trilogy did. If BG trilogy is the old Bioware, then NWN2 is the old Obsidian... So much potential with the toolset too! I loathed NWN2 for years but it slowly grew on me.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The main campaign is a piece of shit, barely above the quality of Legends of the sword coast, the engine is an even worse piece of shit that makes unity look like a masterpiece in software development, the combat, crafting, camera, Ui, it's all shit.

It speaks to obsidians quality (back then) that they managed to release two greatly compelling expansions, considering what they were working with.

eremita

Savant
The main campaign is a piece of shit, barely above the quality of Legends of the sword coast, the engine is an even worse piece of shit that makes unity look like a masterpiece in software development, the combat, crafting, camera, Ui, it's all shit.

It speaks to obsidians quality (back then) that they managed to release two greatly compelling expansions, considering what they were working with.
I admit I was fucking around with NWN2 so much recently that everyithing (the combat, crafting, camera, UI...) feels OK to me. I guess I learned to master the game to the point that all aspects about it just feel natural... So I'm probably past the point being able to judge this game objectively.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How the fuck do I kill Vampires in SoZ?
There is this cult Khelgar tells me to take out, so I enter their hideout, kill the first enemies, but then there is this final group of Priests and one Vampire. The Priests are hard, but I could manage; the Vampire however seems to be completely immune to literally everything. Wtf?!

Dorateen

Arcane
Doesn't the Vampire have some kind of regeneration, which is what makes it seem he is immune? It might be you are not doing damage fast enough to bring down its hit points. Also, what level are you at, and how is your party made up? I'm pretty sure the vampire wasn't immune to volleys of arrows in the face from our Arcane Archer.

eremita

Savant
How the fuck do I kill Vampires in SoZ?
There is this cult Khelgar tells me to take out, so I enter their hideout, kill the first enemies, but then there is this final group of Priests and one Vampire. The Priests are hard, but I could manage; the Vampire however seems to be completely immune to literally everything. Wtf?!
Vampires are immune to mind affecting spells, death magic, poison, critical hits and have damage reduction. But Weapons made of Alchemical silver can bypass their damage reduction, so use those and also storm them with damage dealing spells and spells designed against unded generally (Sun Burst). If none of this helps, wait few levels and come back (you'll have more powerfull spells and better to hit chance so your melee attacks will hit).

You have to be prepared and do your research man, this ain't Pillars of Eternity...

Almost everything you need to know is on this site: http://nwn2.wikia.com About vampires here: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Undead

Theldaran

Liturgist
Am I mad for liking NWN1 more (graphically too) than NWN2? I managed to play the former but not the latter.

badler

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
Oops my bad. :oops: I wasn't aware you worked on this project.

No big deal. I was only QA (and additional design) on the project. Although, it was my first chance to do design content for a game and I was really proud of it. I did a bunch of small things like:
  • The Telthor Badger and parts of the Ice Troll Lodge.
  • Heilari's House in Shadow Mulsantir.
  • The Ferala encounter in the Ashenwood.
There were a few other things, but I can't really remember. It was a blast working with that team, though. Was probably the best time I have had in game development. Good team and fun content.

Looking over the credits, the following people are still at Obsidian:
Nathan Davis
Ryan Ruscinski (just hired back on for Pathfinder production)
Dimitri Berman (major role)
ScottE (major role)
Josh Sawyer
Matt MacLean
Olivier Pougnand
Eric Fenstermaker (major role)
Adam Brennecke
Anthony Davis
Jeff Husges (major role)
Rich Taylor (major role)

I didn't count, but that is probably less than half of the people that worked on it, though. More like a third, most likely.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm not really digging NWN1 so far, already burnt out on the main quest and am only in the first chapter. Afraid to try NWN2 and I bought them both on GOG.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
I'm not really digging NWN1 so far, already burnt out on the main quest and am only in the first chapter. Afraid to try NWN2 and I bought them both on GOG.

nwn1 is better then 2, for the most part that stupid halfling tomi undergallows(dont give a fuck if thats not proper spelling, not looking it up) shut his mouth and did as he was told

nwn 2 has this retarded shank you cant refuse

wittern by retards for retards

Duraframe300

Arcane
I didn't count, but that is probably less than half of the people that worked on it, though. More like a third, most likely.

It's been 9 years though. Thanks for the list!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom