Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Name one good RPG where you HAVE to play as a female

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Does Harvest Moon count as a JRPG? Lots of the games in that series came in "Boy" and "Girl" editions like Pokemon.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Kotor 2 also has a canonical female protagonist.

Lucas's canon was that the Exile traveled with Handmaiden, which is impossible as a woman. Random post-facto crap with no input from Avellone.

Alex

Arcane

wishbonetail

Learned
Kotor 2 also has a canonical female protagonist.

Lucas's canon was that the Exile traveled with Handmaiden, which is impossible as a woman. Random post-facto crap with no input from Avellone.
KOtor 2 feels like it was written for a female character. So far this is the only game in this thread where you just HAVE to play as a female, If i understood the question correctly.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
KOtor 2 feels like it was written for a female character. So far this is the only game in this thread where you just HAVE to play as a female, If i understood the question correctly.
I disagree. Disciple sucks. You miss out on the perversions of Sion, but you gain the romances of Handmaiden and Visas, Kreia screeching at you not to fuck either, Mira saying she's not interested in having girlfights over you, the jilted femcel screeching of Atris. Avellone wrote for both genders.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
You miss out on the perversions of Sion, but you gain the romances of Handmaiden and Visas, Kreia screeching at you not to fuck either, Mira saying she's not interested in having girlfights over you, the jilted femcel screeching of Atris.
The hell? I don't remember KotOR 2 being a harem anime. What got into Chris that day? I thought he hated romance.

Camel

Scholar
I disagree. Disciple sucks. You miss out on the perversions of Sion, but you gain the romances of Handmaiden and Visas, Kreia screeching at you not to fuck either, Mira saying she's not interested in having girlfights over you, the jilted femcel screeching of Atris. Avellone wrote for both genders.
Drop a planet, chop 1 or 2 levels off of Peragus, drop the Disciple and Hanharr, and then use that energy to focus more on Malachor V. I would also remove all party-splitting mechanics (which while true to the franchise, didn’t go over well with players), and de-emphasize all cut-scenes (which the engine couldn’t really do well in the time provided with the programming and scripting support we had available).
http://assiste.free.fr/kotor_2/interviews_de_chris_avellone.html
Totally agree with MCA. When replaying Kotor 2 Peragus is a main stumbling block as it drags way too much. Drop in content and quality is noticeable from Telos > Nar-Shaddaa > Dxun-Onderon > Dantooine > Korriban > disastrous Malachor 5.
Avellone's romances are much more subtle than Bioware's. Handmaiden and Visas being jealous over you is funny, just as Atton asking Bao-Dur about female Exile. Mira felt Exile was too old for her liking.
Too bad Obsidian cut Jedi Vash on M4-78 planet.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I want a Lara Croft RPG

Kind of like Witcher where you have a set protagonist, but play as Lara and have the option to fuck guys to solve quests like in Fallout 2

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You miss out on the perversions of Sion, but you gain the romances of Handmaiden and Visas, Kreia screeching at you not to fuck either, Mira saying she's not interested in having girlfights over you, the jilted femcel screeching of Atris.
The hell? I don't remember KotOR 2 being a harem anime. What got into Chris that day? I thought he hated romance.
Planescape Torment was Archie with Betty and Veronica. Avellone liked the tease, he disliked the consummation (one of those guys against the idea of Sam and Diane getting together in Cheers). The most you can do with Handmaiden is fight (which is like foreplay to her). The most you can do with Visas is meditate together (which is like mental sex to her). No kissing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom