Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mystic Land: Search For Maphaldo is an upcoming Wizardry VII-inspired blobber 30 years in the making

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I played so many old games of varying assets that I honestly didn’t pay attention to the ground. I didn’t notice the narrator mage’s mustache constantly moving and now I will have to talk to myself in a mirror and see if that really happens when I speak. Seems….. odd.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Grimoire is the best looking and best put together RPG since Wizardry 7, anyone saying otherwise is a faggot.
I think the problem is that Cleve used some free stock assets in later development, which clash with the old graphical style.
I have an opposing view; I was quite surprised how well he integrated the art from all sorts of random different artists into a (mostly) cohesive whole.
MOSTLY is the key word.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I played EA's remake of Wizardry 1 a while back and was a bit disappointed. I hope this game will be better (it certainly looks better).
What? EA’s remake?

Llylgamyn Saga is better by far. This looks like chinese mobile trash

Imagine being so desperate for cash you sell a prestigious title like Wizardry to mobile devs who turn it into click on hidden object game.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I played EA's remake of Wizardry 1 a while back and was a bit disappointed. I hope this game will be better (it certainly looks better).
What? EA’s remake?

Llylgamyn Saga is better by far. This looks like chinese mobile trash

Imagine being so desperate for cash you sell a prestigious title like Wizardry to mobile devs who turn it into click on hidden object game.

In my opinion, the project still has potential, but they have to really try, otherwise they will end up with a shallow clicker with an uncomfortable UI.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmmm….. if I could develop it for lotsa cash, I would make the hidden item wizardry gacha game.

Can you find the hidden Werdna in the puzzle room mess? Uh oh, you found him. Quickly line up the sword and spell icons to damage Werdna before the timer runs out! The more in a line you connect the more damage you inflict. Take him down! WERDNA is just the beginning. Can’t do it? Buy more time, items, health, and Allies. Only you can become the master in WIZARDRY!

Decline for sure except in your pockets fucking over those nostalgic schlubs and clueless newbs. Gimme yo money fuckas! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I suppose that is what the NFT will do. (Shrugs).

Any guesses how long before KOD, LOL, ROW, HOTM get introduced for sale? Will it continue beyond that?

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Clearly, the Apple ][ originals or the improved C64 ports are the true nostalgic options for Wizardry 1-5.

I tried that console remake briefly, cute, but no.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I still can’t believe the NFT shilling. Fucking why? WHY?!!!!!!! Eternal Crypt?
7AQsw8Q.jpg

I need to delete the discord and use that space for something much more important.

SirBlabsAlot

MegaVision Software
Developer
So only Steam? :(
No, not just Steam.
We plan to release the game on all platforms that will want us there.
So we will try to get the game on GOG, itch and Epic at least. Steam is just the first one.

We won't use any DRMs or any crap like that (we believe that the target audience for such a game is mature enough as to not pirate the game, ... well, ... too much :) ), so yeah, we will cover as many store platforms as possible.
We all believe, that if you purchase the game, then that copy is yours to own/backup/whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom