Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mystic Land: Search For Maphaldo is an upcoming Wizardry VII-inspired blobber 30 years in the making

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did you say turn-based?

:d1p:

Okay, time to add this to the wishl- wait... there's no Steam presence.
Itch.io? Nope...
There's only https://www.megavision-software.com/games.php and a presence on X from what I can tell.

Uhh... yeah, this has a mild vaporware scent.

Graphics look good, not sure if some people here have sand in their eyes or something.
Especially the level art, creatures and UI.
The portraits do look bland.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Did you say turn-based?

:d1p:

Itch.io? Nope...
There's only https://www.megavision-software.com/games.php and a presence on X from what I can tell.

Graphics look good, not sure if some people here have sand in their eyes or something.
Especially the level art, creatures and UI.
The portraits do look bland.
You loco. Look closely, you'll see it's gone towards Lands of Lore a little bit, then back to Children's Fairy Tales then straight up the middle graphic comic books art style. It's full of winning. Look at some of the new monsters in the trailer. This game is going to be a slam dunk beyond glory if they don't do something to screw it up like making it realtime or some such madness.

Last edited:
Looks great.

The interface/font reminds me a bit of the first Age of Wonders. As Cleve said, this is full of win. I wish the developers the best of luck.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Near the end, when I saw that lone treasure chest in that forest maze, I felt something (hope?). It was gone too quickly to be sure, but the game does look nice - but I'll reserve judgement until I see how they make me open that chest.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Grimoire is the best looking and best put together RPG since Wizardry 7, anyone saying otherwise is a faggot.
I think the problem is that Cleve used some free stock assets in later development, which clash with the old graphical style.
I have an opposing view; I was quite surprised how well he integrated the art from all sorts of random different artists into a (mostly) cohesive whole.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Itch.io? Nope...

Seriously? They said they will set up the store pages soon. It's still at least a year until release.
How can you amass that much naivity in so few words?

"They said" - well, that solves everything, then :lol:
"soon" - mh-hm
"at least a year until release" - So not even half as long as most other games have a presence on Steam, etc. before they release? Cool.

Sorry, but we've all been here too long to just blindly believe.
We've all seen projects with about that much to show (and more!) which just fizzled into nothingness anyway.
And we've been too scarred by Grimoire, which did indeed come out in the end, but this time around I don't intend to be awake the entire time until actual release.
Just wake me up when we're there, mom.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I played EA's remake of Wizardry 1 a while back and was a bit disappointed. I hope this game will be better (it certainly looks better).
What? EA’s remake?

IMG_0556.jpeg

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
EA = Electronic Arts, no? I see DE as in digital eclipse.

2023 Digital Eclipse Entertainment Partners Co. All rights reserved. Wizardry™ is a trademark of Drecom Co., Ltd.

AGAIN… EA?

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
And once again no store link. Which means that, despite cautious interest, this will probably disappear from my field of view

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Grimoire is the best looking and best put together RPG since Wizardry 7, anyone saying otherwise is a faggot.
I think the problem is that Cleve used some free stock assets in later development, which clash with the old graphical style.
I have an opposing view; I was quite surprised how well he integrated the art from all sorts of random different artists into a (mostly) cohesive whole.

Agreed, I never noticed clashing assets in Grimoire and I played it like 3 times

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Llylgamyn Saga

There's also a pretty cool SNES port of the first three games.

This remake isn't as bad as the Chinese mobile game, but I'm not sure the developers know what they're doing. For example - after starting the game, we are informed that in order to be faithful to the original, as little as possible has been changed, which is why most things are done with the keyboard... except for those done with the mouse. For now, the game is very strange, with many inconsistent solutions.

Ryzer

Arcane
One thing that puzzled me in those bobblers is how the ground always looks like pixelated shit when the rest of the scenery is pretty decently made.

Pretty sad that this game doesn't try to improve the grass. I mean it's not meaningless since it represents 20% of the screen and is an entire part of the scenery. They should take inspiration upon Lands of Lore 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom