Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My concept art: judges needed!

Quilty

Magister
No worries, Baron, I would have done the same. :lol:

And thanks for the comments, guys.

Quilty

Magister
Another portrait of a soldier, hopefully the proportions are a little better this time around.

And a chubby random dude.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Quilty said:
Another portrait of a soldier, hopefully the proportions are a little better this time around.
The way he's wearing that hat really doesn't make him look like a soldier. Looks good otherwise.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Sceptic said:
Quilty said:
The way he's wearing that hat really doesn't make him look like a soldier. Looks good otherwise.

In your small mind maybe. :roll:

Pics are good btw.

Avarkx

Novice
It's folded like that from being pressed against his shoulder while looking down his iron sight, silly!

Quilty

Magister
Well I dunno, I just used a picture for reference. That was how they wore them, I suppose.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
That wikipedia page has one hat with the same fold and another being worn at an angle. So I guess both at once like in your art is feasible.

Previous comment retracted, approval given :salute:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I feel the need to repeat my protestation regarding the lack of a monocle. Actually, the game would be 100% :incline: if every character wore one.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Quilty said:
A firend and I have this idea for a survival type game in the vein of King of Dragon pass but based on WW1 with a dash of steampunk but without any kind of fantastical

I was about to review your shit until I seen you used a made up word that even mainstream developers are using - FANTASTICAL IS NOT A FUCKING WORD. :x

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Good stuff, but I think you should use your Mignola-shadowing, since it compliments your style really well. How about you make some heavy shadowed versions of those faces?

denizsi

Arcane
Very nice. I like the figures but you need to improve your shading of portraits. Look at these:

16366948328421003564605.jpg

crtez8070.jpg

Direction of the light is the same yet the shading is inconsistent and flattens the faces in both. You came closer to getting it right with the second one, though. Shading of the beard doesn't make any sense. Shading of the cape's shade also looks flat, is inconsistent with reflection on the horizontal band of the cape and disappears a bit too much to the right side of the face. Pay more attention to the forms and volumes than shallow stylisation; it's one of those things that separates ok illustrators from the shit ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom