Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

My concept art: judges needed!

Quilty

Magister
A firend and I have this idea for a survival type game in the vein of King of Dragon pass but based on WW1 with a dash of steampunk but without any kind of fantastical events or beings. We'll be handling the coding together, though he is more proficient at it than me. I'll be working on art, so I've done some very rough preliminary sketches. Their purpose was to get the feel of the art we are aiming for. I'd love it if you could leave a comment or even a suggestion or maybe racofer could shoop SMA's face all over my stuff. By the way, all of this is done by hand, then shooped a little to clean up the mess. If anyone has any protips, I'd love to hear them.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Aside from a few mistakes in anatomy, it's got a nice Mike Mignola reminescent style to it.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
They look pretty nice, aside from the aforementioned problem with the proportions in some I don't like the contrast in detail in some of them.

16366948328421003564605.jpg

Like in this one, the face looks great, but that plain suit just kills it a bit for me.

Also, what's that yellowish mark over all the pics?

OminousBlueDot

Educated
Glorious is the light of the scanner, dear Berekan.

The important thing: all are most consistent.

Some of the line art seems heavy and the shadows over-large. Much the same issues that others have mentioned.

I like them; If you're to use them in the small scale (portraits, say), the errors in anatomy and heavy lines will work in your favor.

Now if only my sketches turned out as well ..... but we'll not venture there.

Khor1255

Arcane
They are kind of reminiscent of political posters of the era. If that's what you were going for, bravo.

Quilty

Magister
Thanks guys, yeah the anatomy's screwed up in some of those, and the yellow mark is from the scanner. Forgot to remove it, my bad. The suit on that bearded guy isn't finished, it's just there to ground him a little, so it isn't a floating head. In any case, thanks for the feedback.

Destroid

Arcane
I was immediately reminded of Screw-on Head, which I believe is Mognolia, and you should definitely watch the pilot if you have not.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I thought modern scanners detected the size of the paper and automatically removed the extra space.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
yeah "modern".. at least it passes as a bit of bloom. I like the gfx reminds me of Gin Roh the wolves brigade and a bit of syndicate with tall, thin figures in long (trench)coats. (the flamer dude)

Quilty

Magister
Berekän said:
I thought modern scanners detected the size of the paper and automatically removed the extra space.

It's a pretty old Epson scanner I got for free when I bought an MP3 player about 6 years ago, so it's definitely not top quality.

Looks good enough. Are you planning to color them or leave them black n'white because that would be a shame. Straight colors in the same style as the ink would be the best here.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I like them, with a bit more work, on some aspects already mentioned, they would be awesome.

Quilty

Magister
SimpleComplexity said:
Looks good enough. Are you planning to color them or leave them black n'white because that would be a shame. Straight colors in the same style as the ink would be the best here.

Yeah I was thinking of maybe just filling in the parts that aren't in shadow with some very simple colors, since I don't really have skills required for figuring out different shades and whatnot.

Baron

Arcane
Artwork looks great, except maybe flamethrower. Love the one armed soldier. Publish your damn game in unfinished state so these can be avatars.

me1r.jpg

Show chick for your Codex bros, bro.

*limbers up for fapping*

grotsnik

Arcane
And to think I almost didn't click on what, at first glance, looked like a Prosper thread.

These are groovy, Quilty; some of them are crude, but all of them have character. The masked bloke with the long revolver looks immensely cool.

Baron

Arcane
Yes, I thought it was a Prosper thread too and almost avoided.

Sorry too for threatening to fap to your girlfriend Quilty, if that's you, and her. Along with thinking it was a Prosper thread I thought I must be in /gd/ Please excuse my attrocious behaviour but pls post your gf in /gd/. Artwork looking good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom