Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News MSFD's cryptic prophecy of the day

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
bryce777 said:
Obviously it would be OBLIVION with guns! Ha.

No, you'll actually play a deathclaw on rollerskates.

You know, I think I would prefer that more...can I get someone to second me?
DONE!

Spazmo

Erudite
Blah, I think Fallout 3--good or not--probably isn't worth the hassle of the months, if not years, of bitching at Bethesda that would be required, and it's kind of hard to mention how Morrowind is the anti-Christ all the time when MSFD is a cool guy. If it's good, hey, great. If it's bad but others enjoy it, good for them. Best of luck to Bethesda and all.

bryce777

Erudite
crpgnut said:
@Bryce777: I actually responded to one of your anti-Bethesda posts before I realized you were a Bethesda troll. Please forgive me. I normally just ignore trolls but didn't realize that you were one at first. I look forward to reading your non-Bethesda related posts.

Everything I say is heartfelt. I try to use a bit of humor.

I don't even know what morrowind with guns would be. Anyway, I OWULD love to see a rollerskating deathclaw. It would not be a fallout game like we are used to, but it would be laugh out loud funny and tres cool.

bryce777

Erudite
Spazmo said:
Blah, I think Fallout 3--good or not--probably isn't worth the hassle of the months, if not years, of bitching at Bethesda that would be required, and it's kind of hard to mention how Morrowind is the anti-Christ all the time when MSFD is a cool guy. If it's good, hey, great. If it's bad but others enjoy it, good for them. Best of luck to Bethesda and all.

Yeah, he does seem like a cool guy.

I am cautious towards any more beth games just because I feel like I am ODed on them in addition to the disappointment of morrowind's simplicity and boringness (though honestly I could only muster up enough willpower to play it for one night so didn't finish it).

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Whatever Bethesda do, they're going to get critiscised for it. As a fan though, I reserve my right to complain and poo-poo on everything I hear about it until I actually play it before then changing my mind or slamming Bethesda into the ground verbally at every opportunity.

Yup. I look forward to years of fun with this one.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Bethesda can expect many of these:

To: Bethesda

Dear Sirs,

I am writing you this message to say I have read information of your game currently in pre-development. It sounds like a terribly flawed game, and not something I'd write myself, so I now hate your guts and will curse you and your future generations until I can no longer breathe. The quality of it is shoddy, the character development is atrocious, and the gameplay stinks. My computer yawns everytime I type Bethesda. How dare you defile my precious game by making one so different? I hope you die and go to a place of hell rife with gangbanging and tentacle hentai.

Eat shit and die, pricks who have a job I only dream of having but will be despised because of envy dressed in feigned indignity.

Yours truly,

Irate Fan #3591

LlamaGod

Cipher
My main problem is that Morrowind, Daggerfall and Arena all sucked turds.

There's nobody that could really do a real Fallout sequel and then you consider the track record and there's just no way it can be good. Even if they got the entire setting correct, the gameplay would be total ass.

Bethesda has shown they dont really take risks either, so I doubt there will be any woopie-doo surprises. (But then again, who would take risks after shoving out turds like Battlespire and Redguard)

bryce777

Erudite
LlamaGod said:
My main problem is that Morrowind, Daggerfall and Arena all sucked turds.

There's nobody that could really do a real Fallout sequel and then you consider the track record and there's just no way it can be good. Even if they got the entire setting correct, the gameplay would be total ass.

Bethesda has shown they dont really take risks either, so I doubt there will be any woopie-doo surprises. (But then again, who would take risks after shoving out turds like Battlespire and Redguard)

Arena was pretty good for what it was and daggerfall better (Except the incredible number of bugs), but the problem I have is each game has been successively worse since then. I bought battlespire and redguard too for example.

The trend is heading right towards oblivion. Ha! I did not even mean that pun. That totally rocks!

There is a chance oblivion will be a daggerfall with less bugs and better graphics, but there is about a one in a billion chance they will make a fallout that doesn't make me cry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom