Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mounts and Blades and Hats and Fires and Hats and Swords

Multi-headed Cow

Got my preorder in. Anyone else looking forward to fighting for potato? : x

Kinda interested to see how guns impact the gameplay, but since I thought Warband was a pretty good improvement over vanilla I'll trust that Fire and Sword will be worth it.

deuxhero

Arcane
Because I'm not an idiot (and have like 8 games to finish) I'm waiting till the anual Steam sale where it will be a fraction of the price (and patched/we will know if it is good/will have mods/ect).

Captain Shrek

deuxhero said:
Because I'm not an idiot (and have like 100 games to finish) I'm waiting till the anual Steam sale where it will be a fraction of the price (and patched/we will know if it is good/will have mods/ect).

Fix'd for me.

Destroid

Arcane
Because I'm not an idiot (and have like 1 games to finish) I'm waiting till the continual pirate bay sale where it will be a fraction of the price (and patched/we will know if it is good/will have mods/ect).

Multi-headed Cow

Bunch of gnomes in here who won't even spend $13 on a good game made by a dude and his wife. :rpgcodex:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Then again, MHC will probably parlay those hats into $50 worth of games.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
These who wanted to pay already paid few years ago. It's not a two man team anymore, or they are not doing it in theirs spare time. (If you want support Turkey, send them money directly.)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyway, if you mount a horse that is already mounted on another horse
Seen on theirs forums. I'd wait for MB3, or at least two patches.

Multi-headed Cow

Triple mounting sounds like some Mass Effect shit. Codex should be all over this.

Multi-headed Cow

Well, I sold the hat and pin I got from the $38 potato pack for $35.

Mcxz

Novice
Yes, let's all go buy the exact same game for the third fucking time. These jews clearly haven't earned enough gold milking this game yet.

Secretninja

Cipher
Are these multiplayer or would I be served equally well by tpb. Trying to download as much shit as a have before I move and have throttled interwebs.

Multi-headed Cow

They have multiplayer. They also have singleplayer. Let your heart guide you.

Multi-headed Cow

Well, excuse me, that one doesn't have multiplayer. Only Warband and the Fire and Sword do.

Secretninja

Cipher
hmmmm, which one would you recommend? What are teh chances I could sell aforementioned hat? I don't have tf2 btw.

Multi-headed Cow

You would have to have TF2 to get the hat. Also, I wouldn't count on the hats selling for much since the game's $13 and the hats are on the ugly side and single-class hats.

And I'd recommend Warband, easily. No idea how the new one will stack up yet but Warband's pretty damn fun. Only thing the original has going for it is more mods, but Warband isn't exactly a slouch in that department and has more shit for modders to work with in the future so it PRESUMABLY could have better mods.

Secretninja

Cipher
Meh, pretty sure I already have warband on my external hdd, too lazy to check though. I wouldn't play it for a while anyway so I guess I will just hold out and see if the new one is good. I am guessing the price for warband will go down, seeing as the list price for it is double the new one atm.

Topher

Cipher
Secretninja said:
Are these multiplayer or would I be served equally well by tpb. Trying to download as much shit as a have before I move and have throttled interwebs.

I played MP with my copy of Warband from TPB.

Eyeball

Arcane
Nice work. Pirate the few actually GOOD games made by tiny indie devs and then bitch about how nobody makes innovative and interesting games anymore.

Fucking shitlickers.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, what exactly does this ADD besides gunzgunzgunz? Because I already got lots of those with the EARC and 1866 mods. Do they make sieges less of a clusterfuck?

Still, it's 10 pounds for me, so I'll give them my money just to continue making excellent games. Original M&B was easily worth twice the price of admission anyhow.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Eyeball said:
Nice work. Pirate the few actually GOOD games made by tiny indie devs and then bitch about how nobody makes innovative and interesting games anymore.

So it's OK for M&B devs to go all "give us your money for an unfinished alpha version of the game and we will turn it into a living breathing world RPG with multiplayer" and then just add mocap with nothing else and go like "fuck you"?

Fucking shitlickers.
Yeah. M&B devs definitely are.

Guys like them are the reason indie games should die. At least with big publishers you know that the endgame will be a primitive shit that you play for an evening or two and forget forever because that's what they promise right away.

nobody makes innovative and interesting games anymore.

Good devs make good games.
Of course you can keep pouring your money into little shits incapable of that "innovation" all you want hoping that some day they will release an interesting game.

I'll pay after the fact, thank you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom