Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Motorsport Manager (PC)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
The setup works but the cars change. A 3xpurple setup may have gone to to great-good-great. That means you can theoretically run the race with this setup but there is actually some work left.

Also you want the +15% bonuses and that requires to make the most of the session ie running as many laps as you can.

WTF does "Robert Mugabe: Ex-Driver" mean?

Precisely, the learning bonuses and their source. If it's a person it could be "Rene Arnoux: mentor 0.5% per week" or negative "Yannick Dalmas: resource hog -0.5%"

Riso

Arcane
This balance mod is pretty brutal. http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/vanilla-balance-mod-beta-testers-wanted.128938/
Your shiny tech are faster obsolete than you can build them, the parts have doubled and tripled in price and the slightest problem with the drivers makes them shit for months. Parts will randomly fail in the races, repeatedly, while you desperately try to get into the points with your shit car you can't develop as fast as you're used to especially because money is tighter.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I have to admit. It's not quite the Grand Prix Manager (nostalgy involved) but it is quite good game at what it does.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I don't mind fantasy teams and drivers.

But I do mind that tire wear affects the player a lot more than the AI - if it slows them at all. I stuck behind a guy with - by the end - totally worn down intermediates for 3 rounds, while mine had at least twice as much rubber on them. If the players tires go under 20% he loses over 20-30 seconds a round.

Anyway, still a good game, hopefully they make a sequel and build on this one.

Riso

Arcane

But I do mind that tire wear affects the player a lot more than the AI - if it slows them at all.

That's untrue. The tyres just have different points where they go off the cliff and you lose 8 seconds/lap. Depending on the driver's smooth rating the degradation will also be higher or lower.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

But I do mind that tire wear affects the player a lot more than the AI - if it slows them at all.

That's untrue. The tyres just have different points where they go off the cliff and you lose 8 seconds/lap. Depending on the driver's smooth rating the degradation will also be higher or lower.

I didn't make it up though.

It was in Vancouver, changing conditions. for the last three laps both my drivers - after closing an 8 second gap pretty fast - stuck behind a guy whose tires (we were all on intermidiates) were constantly 20 % lower than those of my drivers and COMPLETELY down for at least half a round.

Burning Bridges

All you have to do is keep the tyres over 25%, when the driver requests a pitstop. If you let them get under 20% they become undrivable.

Riso

Arcane
New patch and new DLC out.
The DLC is a challenge pack and enables sprinklers for random wetness.

The patch has a lot of changes but mostly it's about giving you more data to look at every lap.

Patch notes:

Realistic AI Game Preference: If enabled, AI teams make smarter decisions on when to pit during races and adapt to wet weather conditions more effectively.

Run Wides & Corner Cutting: Cars can now run wide and cut corners in all tracks, the liklihood of a driver running wide or cutting a corner is increased by the pressure they're under from nearby cars.

Weight Stripping: Teams can now remove reliability from parts to increase their performance before practice, qualifying and race.

Lap Chart Screen: Availaible in the data centre, the new lap chart screen provides detailed information for every lap of the race.

Expanded Camera Preference: If enabled, increases the zoom of the raceday camera, allowing you to see the cars up close.

Ability to save and load setups for each track.

When leaving for a race weekend, the player now has the ability to force a driver to sit out the weekend if they are injured.

The driver who sits out the race weekend will recover faster and the reserve driver will take their position.

Injuries now show an icon on the driver's portrait. The icon can be moused over to reveal more information.

Player now recieves a mail when a driver recovers from an injury trait.

The race report screen has been tweaked to better inform the player about gained traits and traits that have ended.

Various UI tweaks to the title screen and race day screens.

Session HUD now shows when teams are fixing parts.

Tyre wear and heating are no longer banded into thirds, but are instead a direct reading.

Car crashes have been rebalanced to provide a more even spread of crashes throughout the race.

Driver’s adaptability stat impacts the threshold at which they can change onto wets/slicks/inter.

The two different tyre suppliers have different wet/inter threshold points.
Fixed a bug where the tyre supplier wasn't correctly affecting speed and wear.

Fixed a bug where the track rubber wasn't correctly affecting the lap times.
Street circuits (Cape Town, Sydney) take longer to achieve a full ‘Rubber on Track’ to imply that they have less grip then a standard track.

Underfuelling the car is now possible when no-refuelling is active.

Tyres left overheating for too long cause blistering, dropping the wear at a faster rate.

Tyres left underheating for too long will cause graining, dropping the performance of the car.

Cars who have retired will now keep their standings position if they cross the finish line.

The standings tab has been expanded to show live Team/Driver Championship standings and tyre history.

New personality traits.

New dilemmas with unique personality trait event chains.

Fixed issues with AI teams being able to perform pitstops faster than they should.

AI teams now make smarter desicions on when to use 'safe' pitstops.

AI team setup percentages now reflect their mechanics' stats.

Downforce setup setting affects car performance during wet sessions.

During pre-season, AI teams can gain an additional star in up to two different chassis stats. This is to mimic the player’s dilemmas.

Vehicles that are experiencing critical issues ( broken part, out of fuel, etc ) will now pit regardless of whether it causes stacking.

New radio messages.

Grammatical fixes to existing dilemmas.

Signifcant performance improvements to minimise game crashes.

Chassis Suppliers availaible to edit with Steam Workshop.

Single Seater and GT design data available to edit with Steam Workshop.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Wake me up when they introduce an option for fully randomized driver rosters without a need to use mods.

Ironmonk

Augur
I bought this on this black friday sale but since I suffer from motion sickness and that fucking moving images in the UI background is giving me headaches and nausea I thought that maybe there is a way to disable that moving UI background... The little search I did resulted in nothing. =/

Anyone with the same problem found a solution to this?

I'm probably going to get a refund, I'm still at 110min. of playing time.

Burning Bridges

Look into Steam workshop. There are some mods that change background movies and such. But in general there isn't much you can configure about this game.

I already mentioned the many unnecessary loading times through the overuse of 3d animated backgrounds (which get replaced back and forth from one mode to the other) and no one has a solution for that.

The game is just horribly designed in that respect.

Also now with some time passes I see that the developer has no plan. I was expecting a realism DLC or something to be announced by now. Instead we got sprinklers :lol:
As it is it is just the SJW/Millenial version of motorsports that just happens to have modding capability to bring in some aspects of Formula 1. But all in all it is not really a motorsport "manager" rather a mobile game with some pretty arbitrary RPG elements that work well however, as well as really cool gameplay in the races (until you want to see differrent + historic racetracks).

Riso

Arcane
I forgot to update this thread but there's now also an Endurance Race DLC.

Ironmonk

Augur
I ended up asking for a refund.

On steam workshop I didn't found any specific mod with a solution to this problem. Maybe a bigger mod that include such thing exist, but.... Fuck this game.

This is by far the worst game I have played in regards to motion sickness... around 20h after my last time playing, and I'm still feeling dizzy and nauseated.:argh:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I ended up asking for a refund.

On steam workshop I didn't found any specific mod with a solution to this problem. Maybe a bigger mod that include such thing exist, but.... Fuck this game.

This is by far the worst game I have played in regards to motion sickness... around 20h after my last time playing, and I'm still feeling dizzy and nauseated.:argh:
He is so immersed in the game, he projects himself into the racing cars, and has a motion sickness in them.

Ironmonk

Augur
Not necessarily... I think the issue of this particular game is the fact that on the center of the screen is all the detailed information that you need to focus your vision and attention to read it, at the same time, there is moving and/or rotating elements in the background that causes the confusion in the brain.

From what I can remember, only Mass Effect 1 and 2 were terrible to me, there was that screen shaking effect to "simulate" the movement/running of the character. But I could still play them, it was tiresome to play, I felt a little dizziness and headache, but I could still endure it. Usually I got better after a night of sleep.

I never really reached the point of vomit because of a game, but in this case, I think its very possible if I kept pushing it. Probably I will never be able to enjoy VR.

But in this case, I could endure less than 2h hours and fuck, I'm still feeling a little dizzy.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Picked this up during sale and having a blast. Finished my 3rd season with self-made team and surprisingly made promotion to Asia-Pacific. I'm just semi-happy with my decision to get promoted as I invested a lot in new rules and new parts, expecting to stay at least one more season in Euro.
Anyways, I have crappy infrastructure, crappy staff and naturally a crappy car. Now I'm thinking about not investing too much into my car at the beginning and during the season for a couple of years. Instead I make long-term investments into infrastructure while just trying to avoid demotion.
However, the leagues don't seem to be static at all. Over the course of 3 seasons, average laps per race in Euro have approximately tripled. Also, competitors seem to invest lots of money into car parts too, and they get carried over into new season as well.
I wonder if I would find myself in a position where I couldn't possibly catch up with opponents any more if I stick to my intended strategy for a few seasons. Any thoughts?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom