Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most Masculine RPG's?

Chuck Norris

Augur
Unironically this:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does Dungeon Rats count?
D7EB5391BD7815AF7A6716CD9608196B41966422

Humanophage

Arcane
Does Dungeon Rats count?
D7EB5391BD7815AF7A6716CD9608196B41966422
My first thought as well. Hard to imagine a woman enjoying Dungeon Rats. The tactical combat, the punishing difficulty, the near-absence of a plot, a prison setting, brown palette, no character relations, doesn't even really have exploration.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Someone with too much time on his hands could do a Google search or something and find out which CRPGs on the Codex Top 20 is discussed the least on sites lite Resetera and other low testosterone gaming sites.

rickypeppers

Barely Literate
I really like the suggestions so far. I actually only joined this site after seeing Twiglard post on woke and non woke RPGs and knew this was the right place for me.
I love RPGS and want to revisit all the classics as you gents rave about yet I am severely allergic to mid tier writing from the woke scene. Thank you all for reaffirming my perception of this fine establishment.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Wizardry IV.
Good answer. For my part, I'll say Wizardry 8 - for the sheer amount of bitching about Arnika Road and how tough areas are. I think Wizardry 7 was more difficult than Wizardry 8, but people don't bitch about Wiz 7 as they know there will be a fight. Wiz 7 had ninjas and all kinds of status effects, lots of random events, those damn maps, and that fucking funhouse - and in a manly way, folks bitching about Wizardry 7 sound like crybabies.

Ok, I'm switching my answer to Wizardry 7. Folks bitch about Wiz 8 fairly regularly, but when folks bitch about Wiz 7, they are swatted down fairly quickly.

Ash

Arcane
VTM:B lots of talking and other girly shit, but it at least makes it feel purposeful (e.g it's mostly all for business purposes, or making your own vampire slave). Mediocre gameplay which is very unmanly though (dumb gameplay = not using your brain. It just about qualifies but it is lacking). Nonetheless it does a decent job of making you feel like you must navigate a seedy, dark, treacherous world as a badass.

Otherwise the obvious Deus Ex/System Shock 2/Arx Fatalis monocle combo applies, among others. There is probably no true manly RPG though. Impossible, games are made by majority betas by nature.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided does have a manly vibe to it, especially parts like the red light district in prague, but is let down by sub-par gameplay (again) and the writing is not quite fully there (and the lead writer is a woman at that) though it's a nice effort. Still, it is notable in some way. It's also pretty depressing, which reflects life as your average dude in general. Or maybe that's just the case for low T dudes lol. I know I feel best when I am my most testeronic, e.g post-gym or post-fucking a bitch.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom