Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mortal: The Simulation Video Game

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
Did you sell it off to EA already?
This! Help me out and give me a solid contact with some bigshot and we'll be done here.
Its the act of doing the work which is important buddy.
:kingcomrade:
Okay first of all Mortal (In its current state) is textbook a Indie Game being developed by a Indie Developers, you are currently the sole developers or as we call it a Independent Developer of a Independent Game not attached or finically supported by a larger publisher or game distributor.
It was not meant to be developed by an Indie developer... It is a flagship project for a dev the sort of Bethesda.

Why would I cut my own wings and make an Indie title when making my own dream project?

Who do you take me for? Raziel?
Bro first no one here likely has a contact with a Triple A game developer or publisher, its a forum dominated by RPG enthusiastic and hobbyists. Second even if their was a a game producer lurking in the post here they aren't going to be interested in your game. The big triple A studios aren't interested in CRPG projects (I would even go as far to say the larger double A studios aren't either) they are interested in primarily MMO-Lite ARPG Hybrid Games like Destiny or large scale PVP FPS or TPS games like Fornite and Warzone where they can milky easy money from a casual player base.

That's the direction the industry has taken, even in the cases of Triple A and Double A studios such as Bethesda Game Studios and Obsidian Entertainment they are more interested in developing casual RPGs suitable for both the PC and Console Market games like Skyrim, Star Field and Outerworlds along with Obsidians upcoming Avowed, these games a designed for the casual market first with hardcore RPG fans a second target demographic. No big studio is gonna want to develop the game you have outlined in the GDD, you have to come to terms with that fact to move forward.

Also the comment on "Why would I want to cut your wings" Is a bit ridiculous, I mean were all here are wondering if you have wings as you've not flown away yet. It almost like its an insult that I said your game Mortal is a Indie Game, even though in its current state it is and that's probably generous as it not even a game it is a hypothetical game project...

tumblr_n4igbva9181s079ezo1_400.gif

That will likely remain very hypothetical.

But it probably speaks to your unearned ego that you considered it an insult having your game called a "Indie Game" whilst being on here asking for others to drop their passion projects to help yours. Your saying you want others to fly you to the end destination, you can't code and you apparently can't 3D model or develop any concept art for the game, all you go is a idea and your idea may or may not be a good concept for a game, I'll tell you one thing it s not a good concept for a presentation to a triple A game studio they have no interest in these sought of games and looking at your reaction here I'd say you've failed to get anyone on this post excited or willing to help you with the development.

And that's is mainly due to your arrogance.

Gahbreeil

Learned
That'sn't English. I have never considered your comment about my AAA video game pitch document, appearing to your senses as an "Indie" title, an insult. You're saying I want other people to fly me to the end destination because I've outlined what the programmers have to code? I can't code and apparently, being unable to 3D model or develop art for the game bars me from having dreams that might be hitting the bullseye? All I go is a idea? You go and is an idea.

:excellent:

My arrogance? Quote my arrogance for me to understand that you're not trolling, I ask kindly.

Now, look at the chart.

:avatard:

As you can see on the chart, the lack of interest by many publishers in publishing PC adaptations of TTRPGs does not mean there is lack of interest in said genre. Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Baldur's Gate 3 both have sold well. How the hell does Grounded or Avowed prove that the days of "CRPGs" are gone?

And why is the video game outlined in the design document entitled "Mortal: The Simulation Video Game" not superior to P:K or BG3 when it offers MORE CONTENT, MORE REPLAYABILITY, MORE CHOICES, MORE CONSEQUENCES, MORE GAMEPLAY?

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
That'sn't English. I have never considered your comment about my AAA video game pitch document, appearing to your senses as an "Indie" title, an insult. You're saying I want other people to fly me to the end destination because I've outlined what the programmers have to code? I can't code and apparently, being unable to 3D model or develop art for the game bars me from having dreams that might be hitting the bullseye? All I go is a idea? You go and is an idea.

:excellent:

My arrogance? Quote my arrogance for me to understand that you're not trolling, I ask kindly.

Now, look at the chart.

:avatard:

As you can see on the chart, the lack of interest by many publishers in publishing PC adaptations of TTRPGs does not mean there is lack of interest in said genre. Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Baldur's Gate 3 both have sold well. How the hell does Grounded or Avowed prove that the days of "CRPGs" are gone?

And why is the video game outlined in the design document entitled "Mortal: The Simulation Video Game" not superior to P:K or BG3 when it offers MORE CONTENT, MORE REPLAYABILITY, MORE CHOICES, MORE CONSEQUENCES, MORE GAMEPLAY?

What isn't English about me calling out your arrogance, your flipping your biscuit because I called your game a "Indie Game" which is why I said its "like" you took it as a insult which I take back because its not even on that level. Again studios like Bethesda and Obsidian are not going to pick up your game, neither is EA or Activision (as they have no interest in these types of games, go look at their catalogue of new release from the past decade, even when you see outliers like Blizzards recent Diablo IV it is because it is part of a established franchise your game is not) which a game likes yours requires because it is impossible for a small team to develop.

Second your arrogant because you believe that we should all stop what were working on to work on your game, even though you have nothing but ideas and before you say it no having a vague setting and lore is not at all needed for a game, I could make up a bullshit setting and lore and as long as it works for what I need in the confined of my game its no worse than yours. And before you say "Coders can't write stories" just remember Tim Cain a coder was a major part of the development of the original fallout setting, lore, characters and plot as well as the cult classic Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (which I would say is a more novel and compelling world than yours the so called "self-published writer" IMO)

And finally your game isn't superior to P:K or BG3 for the simple reason your don't have one, that be like saying a Bertone Lancia Stratos HF Zero is greater than a Porsche 917 (which is unfair to the HF Zero as it got further along in development than your game)

8qnDKZX.gif

I think thats the match.

Gahbreeil

Learned
What isn't English about me calling out your arrogance, your flipping your biscuit because I called your game a "Indie Game" which is why I said its "like" you took it as a insult which I take back because its not even on that level. Again studios like Bethesda and Obsidian are not going to pick up your game, neither is EA or Activision (as they have no interest in these types of games, go look at their catalogue of new release from the past decade, even when you see outliers like Blizzards recent Diablo IV it is because it is part of a established franchise your game is not) which a game likes yours requires because it is impossible for a small team to develop.

Second your arrogant because you believe that we should all stop what were working on to work on your game, even though you have nothing but ideas and before you say it no having a vague setting and lore is not at all needed for a game, I could make up a bullshit setting and lore and as long as it works for what I need in the confined of my game its no worse than yours. And before you say "Coders can't write stories" just remember Tim Cain a coder was a major part of the development of the original fallout setting, lore, characters and plot as well as the cult classic Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (which I would say is a more novel and compelling world than yours the so called "self-published writer" IMO)

And finally your game isn't superior to P:K or BG3 for the simple reason your don't have one, that be like saying a Bertone Lancia Stratos HF Zero is greater than a Porsche 917 (which is unfair to the HF Zero as it got further along in development than your game)

I think thats the match.
Your language isn't English. Laughing Out Loud, do you compute?

I'm flipping my biscuit? As in, you're driving me up the wall? Laughing Out Loud, are you from the Ninth World? Judging by the Dragon Ball obsession, I'd say that's plausible.

It isn't meant to be developed by a small team, where do you get your thoughts? The local fish market?

I'm arrogant because I'm assertive? Oh, My God, are you as thick as a fortnight old porridge?

I was busy with what the game is supposed and meant to be, I couldn't write the entirety of the Gameplay while writing the Setting and Lore. How would that even work? Do notice that I was and am writing a novel while designing this video game and it is taking up most of my time.

Your don't have one? What The Hell are you trying to say?

I got that a prototype car is not as "good" as a manufactured one according to you. So let's say, Ferrari Testarossa during the planning phase was not as good as the original Ford Model A?

Match?

Gahbreeil

Learned
Can you give an estimation of the team size ? What would be your position inside ?
How the hell would I know? Did I ever actually call myself a developer? Did I get the tag?

Janitorial for all I care as long as the game gets made.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can you give an estimation of the team size ? What would be your position inside ?
How the hell would I know? Did I ever actually call myself a developer? Did I get the tag?

Janitorial for all I care as long as the game gets made.
Wait, you want the game to be made but you don't want to be part of the team ? What the fuck ?

Oh! It's a game wishlist thread!

Put your ideas here of games that no one's making (and no one will make) but that you'd buy the crap out of if people did make it!

OP is a visionary.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
If nothing else, the trolling is relatively impressive. It only works online though, in real life someone would kick the shit out of you before it went this long.

To be honest with you my dude, it is entertaining as fuck. I'm at the point where I actually don't care if he is 'serious' so absolutely and completely batshit mental. Or if its a very sophisticated troll occurring over a great length of time. I'd be more impressed with the dedication it takes to the latter as it would be Andy Kaufmann-esque in the setup & complexity. (re: Tony Clifton, etc.) Few people have the patience and cleverness for it.

But in either case its fascinating. Grandiosity and delusion at this level is a real treat for me since it is such a rarity.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Two of them are actual video games that exist.

I rarely reuse old jokes but since this thread simply won't die I feel I must. I present to you Mortal: The Simulation Video Game, as interpreted by our good friend Ali-G.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Dear Santa,

I would like a reimagining of Pac-Man as an action RPG hero complete with full equipment, romance, sex scenes (consent optional!), getting fucked up on power pellets, and of course massive C&C that splits into no less than 4 mutually exclusive paths that each span at least 100 hours of playtime. Written by MCA.

Also, I want a Star Wars tactics RPG set during good Star Wars (OT).

I would also like a completely open world Star Wars RPG that simulates the entire galaxy and lets you pick whatever path you like, sort of like original SW Galaxies, but with modern graphics and gameplay and as a single player game with a rich storyline and decent gameplay.

I swear I've been good all year, but if you don't deliver, I'm going to lock Gahbreeil in my trunk and drive the car into the ocean.

Thanks~! <3

- Love,

mediocrepoet

Gahbreeil

Learned
If people are double-posting, something must be going on. And the same people, over and over again. I wonder whether you retadrs have been jacking off to the sound of your own laughter in front of a PC monitor.

Oh, and that brings me to the next point on the agenda!
Dear Santa,

I would like a reimagining of Pac-Man as an action RPG hero complete with full equipment, romance, sex scenes (consent optional!), getting fucked up on power pellets, and of course massive C&C that splits into no less than 4 mutually exclusive paths that each span at least 100 hours of playtime. Written by MCA.

Also, I want a Star Wars tactics RPG set during good Star Wars (OT).

I would also like a completely open world Star Wars RPG that simulates the entire galaxy and lets you pick whatever path you like, sort of like original SW Galaxies, but with modern graphics and gameplay and as a single player game with a rich storyline and decent gameplay.

I swear I've been good all year, but if you don't deliver, I'm going to lock Gahbreeil in my trunk and drive the car into the ocean.

Thanks~! <3

- Love,

mediocrepoet
I'm not your Santa Claus, boy, but I'll tell you this. Santa might not know what you have meant when you've stated abridged and vague descriptions of video games. He cannot fulfil your wishes when it isn't a novel Intellectual Property either. You see... © exist. I'm afraid no elf would like to be a criminal, my boy.

And isn't imagining games fun? Doesn't it bolster your knowledge with more of what you like, perhaps, desire?
Again studios like Bethesda and Obsidian are not going to pick up your game, neither is EA or Activision (as they have no interest in these types of games, go look at their catalogue of new release from the past decade[...] [...]And before you say "Coders can't write stories"[...]
Right, PC Game of the Year 2023? Besides, "Coders can't write stories"? Why would I say something like that?

Last edited:

MarathonGuy1337

Educated

I think thats the match.
Your language isn't English. Laughing Out Loud, do you compute?

I'm flipping my biscuit? As in, you're driving me up the wall? Laughing Out Loud, are you from the Ninth World? Judging by the Dragon Ball obsession, I'd say that's plausible.

It isn't meant to be developed by a small team, where do you get your thoughts? The local fish market?

I'm arrogant because I'm assertive? Oh, My God, are you as thick as a fortnight old porridge?

I was busy with what the game is supposed and meant to be, I couldn't write the entirety of the Gameplay while writing the Setting and Lore. How would that even work? Do notice that I was and am writing a novel while designing this video game and it is taking up most of my time.

Your don't have one? What The Hell are you trying to say?

I got that a prototype car is not as "good" as a manufactured one according to you. So let's say, Ferrari Testarossa during the planning phase was not as good as the original Ford Model A?

Match?
Okay so at this point your either insane, the worlds most committed troll or a less talented Philp Fish

4-phil-fish-attacks.large.jpg

Which for your sake I hope its not the later... but I have a feeling that it is.

What I was saying with the car analogy was that something which is "conceptual good" is not something that is "good" in other words your game is not better than P:K or BG3 since its not a finished game, it might be the best game in your head but like Fez II is not released and in your case we don't even have anything you've made we can compare to.

Also it seems foolish that you want to write a novel and also develop the first according to you "AAAA Game" when you have no experience making games and from what others on under this post have said aren't a talented storyteller or worldbuilder.

And as for the small team, I'm saying that be the only way you could have developed your "dream game" not that you'd listen but no triple A studio is ever gonna make it for you. Also with the small team you'd have to limit your scope not that your inflated ego could handle that.

Oh and I totally have a Dragon Ball obsession you got me their

main-qimg-fbc7cb816235b41105423f04fe627632

But I'd rather that than be known as a less talented Philp Fish. Ha Ha!

mediocrepoet

Patron
Also it seems foolish that you want to write a novel and also develop the first according to you "AAAA Game" when you have no experience making games and from what others on under this post have said aren't a talented storyteller or worldbuilder.

He also has no cash or collateral and a distinct lack of wit, so he's got those things going for him.

Gahbreeil

Learned
What I was saying with the car analogy was that something which is "conceptual good" is not something that is "good" in other words your game is not better than P:K or BG3 since its not a finished game, it might be the best game in your head but like Fez II is not released and in your case we don't even have anything you've made we can compare to.
The car analogy made no sense, buddy. You didn't answer any of my questions and so, here I am, oblivious of whatever it is that you're trying to say. Although I sure am curious.
He also has no cash or collateral and a distinct lack of wit, so he's got those things going for him.
Distinct lack of wit? Where's the witty comeback to my comment? Don't call people out on not being witty if you don't understand the word nor it's definition.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not to sound like a complete nutjob by coming back on topic but why calling the game "Mortal" ? Isn't supposed to be some fantasy world ? Couldn't you find a more uplifting name ?

Gahbreeil

Learned

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron

I was about to congratulate you for going back to an instantly recognizable avatar but then I noticed you glued that Bug Eyed Nubian Nightmare Fuel head onto it. LOL! Better than nothing I guess... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mediocrepoet

Patron

I was about to congratulate you for going back to an instantly recognizable avatar but then I noticed you glued that Bug Eyed Nubian Nightmare Fuel head onto it. LOL! Better than nothing I guess... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I only partially resisted a hostile dispel. :argh:

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
The car analogy made no sense, buddy. You didn't answer any of my questions and so, here I am, oblivious of whatever it is that you're trying to say. Although I sure am curious.
Distinct lack of wit? Where's the witty comeback to my comment? Don't call people out on not being witty if you don't understand the word nor it's definition.
I think I was very witty comparing you to the legendary arrogant indie game developer Phil fish but you know...

The less talented version or maybe the less original spiritual successor that lacks the redeeming quality's of Philp Fish like...

tien-tien-shin-han.gif

Well he didn't have many but I guess talented at video games design and also experimental in said design is a good quality.

Which you don't have.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom