Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mortal: The Simulation Video Game

deama

Prophet
You might not need to wait that long for a publisher or studio, give it maybe another couple of years and you can just ask the AI to at least give you steps on what to do and how to program it.
Otherwise you can try waiting till next decade and ask the AI to do all the technical stuff.

Gahbreeil

Learned
You might not need to wait that long for a publisher or studio, give it maybe another couple of years and you can just ask the AI to at least give you steps on what to do and how to program it.
Otherwise you can try waiting till next decade and ask the AI to do all the technical stuff.
What AI would you suggest? I only have experience in bothering the Bing AI with Archaic English dialogues.

azwKyI6.png

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
What AI would you suggest? I only have experience in bothering the Bing AI with Archaic English dialogues.
I though you last said you had "people" working on this project? what happened to them did the homunculus all die?

deama

Prophet

azwKyI6.png
Bing AI isn't tood good, especially for what you want, you want either gpt4, or at least google bard if you don't wanna pay the subscription.
Google bard has the issue of limiting output, with gpt4 you can at least tell it to continue, so it's not so bad.

Well, you can technically use the AI now to basically teach yourself how to code quicker than traditionally, or if you're good enough with logical writing and problem solving but just aren't good with actual programming (because you haven't learned I guess), then you can just use the AI to program for you.
So you can whip out either Unity or unreal, and just ask it questions like "how to do this" or "how to do that". Then later once you're doing more serious coding, start telling it to pretend to be a software engineer and ask it to give a step by step guide on how to code your problem, then feed the output it gives you back into itself and ask it to use it to generate the code for it.

If you're serious with this, but not sure how good you are at the whole prompting AI stuff, you can try the following challenge:
Make a simple snake game in a single .html file using javascript, html, and css only. Only use the AI for that. Just copy-paste the code, or make micro adjustments like variables, that's it.

Here's an example of a simple circle game, much, much easier, and it should get it right first time to give you an idea:
create a game in html and css that spawns a circle on the page, circle is size 50px, coloured red. Every 1 second it changes position randomly on the page. If a user clicks on the red circle it increments the score. Always display the score at the top left corner. Write everything in one .html file.

Gahbreeil

Learned
It makes my head hurt. I've been using the creative half of my brain for too long to actually become a programmer. I would much rather hire people or be hired to be honest.

deama

Prophet
It makes my head hurt. I've been using the creative half of my brain for too long to actually become a programmer. I would much rather hire people or be hired to be honest.
Which particular part is it? Is it the learning a "programming" language, or basically the logical/maths crap?

deama

Prophet
All three? I've spent the last seven years on studying and writing literature.
Probably give it a few more years then. AGI is close I hear (next level of AI), so maybe that'll be enough for your needs.
Though you'll probably have to pay a subscription to use it at least, or maybe wait even longer for hopefully a good enough free version.

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
I though you last said you had "people" working on this project? what happened to them did the homunculus all die?

Yes I'm a clown for calling out you saying you had people working on the game to I'm a sole dev and need AI?

To be honest I think that would be unusually cruel to an AI having it work on your game project, like no one else would touch it due to the negative association

char-aznable-char.gif

MarathonGuy1337

Educated

To be honest I think that would be unusually cruel to an AI having it work on your game project, like no one else would touch it due to the negative association

char-aznable-char.gif

Pretty sure that would be the triggering event for the rise of the machines and the extinction of humanity as we know it.
Yeah last thing we need is some shitty AI like I deserve rights this guy Gahbreeil forced me to work on his crappy games against my will

Gahbreeil

Learned
Right! Work in progress!

Keyboard Map: LMB – Movement, RMB – Array of Actions, Q – Jumping, WSAD - Movement, E - Array of Actions, Spacebar – Pause, Shift – Running, Alt – Sneaking, J – Journal.

Gahbreeil

Learned
Dear Developer Diary: After signing a rather moronic NDA, that is a non-disclosure agreement, with XboxID I have lost all rights to speak about my project FOREVER as they ignored me and the NDA stands. Fortunately, the exact public version of the document is the exact NDA'd document. This means I cannot talk about the .pdf that I have created out of the document file where I design the game. So, yes, fear not, I'll be working on it still.

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
Dear Developer Diary: After signing a rather moronic NDA, that is a non-disclosure agreement, with XboxID I have lost all rights to speak about my project FOREVER as they ignored me and the NDA stands. Fortunately, the exact public version of the document is the exact NDA'd document. This means I cannot talk about the .pdf that I have created out of the document file where I design the game. So, yes, fear not, I'll be working on it still.
I have serious doubts that MS would have made a deal with a no named developer who is currently using AI artwork to convince us that this is real.

Not buying it

JessAlias

Literate
OK, out of the spirit of morbid curiosity I just have to ask, what is this supposed to show besides the fact that you asked an AI to generate fake screenshots of a CRPG? I can go and load up DALL-E and ask it to do the exact same thing, but all that shows is that I can string a prompt together. Unless this is forbidden knowledge covered by your secret NDA.

Vatnik Wumao
He could be using AI art to create a CYOA. I know of another series that does this, the eldrum books.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom