Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News More Witcher Gossip - Everyone blames everyone else

Chefe

Erudite
Dicksmoker said:
Do you want gamers to take everything (literally everything) that you show to them pre-release with a large grain of salt? Because that's what will eventually happen if you and other developers keep this up.

Hello. You must be new to the Internet.

deranged

Cipher
Don't know dont' care what happened...

BUT the fact that CDProject decided to delay the console version and in consequence forfeit big profits, which would be in expense of the overall game quality...Big plus from me...

yarpen

Novice
Dicksmoker said:
Sorry, but that doesn't cut it. If you show me a scene that promises something that later doesn't end up in the game, I'm going to be pissed. I don't care how long the game is in development.
I'm not talking about specific feature of C&C, which still is present in the game (as promised, as you put it), it has not been removed. I'm talking only about this particular scene. Game development is constant iteration, appearently after some early tests it's been decided to change the screenplay a little bit and it required removing some stuff and adding something else. Sure, we could leave everything we've ever shown, but I assure you -- the end result would have suffered.

Skyway said:
Yes I know. It isn't about that exact scene however - it is more about an examples of how really noticeable consequences are and some of them even lead to more consequences - as per interview. And when in the final game all consequences end up being all about having different NPC models in the exactly same places doing the same things it isn't really nice.
I wouldn't say that consequences are always *that* simple (take prologue when you fight entirely different boss). Sure, it could be done more extensively, but I don't agree it's just a matter of changing models.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Arcanoix said:
You are missing the point. So are the rest of you dumbasses. There won't be a console version of the game now, which is GOOD. Had a console-version come out, the sequel would've suffered, example : FEAR 2. :( But good on CDP I say. More PC-only plz, kthx.

Haha oh the irony. TW2 is multiplatform.

yarpen said:
I wouldn't say that consequences are always *that* simple (take prologue when you fight entirely different boss). Sure, it could be done more extensively, but I don't agree it's just a matter of changing models.

You really consider that non-linearity and C&C?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Though in all seriousness for now it seems that WSG are to be blamed. Ill bold: for now it seems. But will see how will the drama progress. Seriously WSG aint no Troika to be forgiven for missing their milestones."

Where's the proof? All I've seen is the classic case of 'he said, she said'. Just a bunch of accusations but no actual evidence.

They're both at fault. FRY THEM ALL!

Jora

Arcane
Products change all the time when they are in development. That's because they are being developed.

Take novelists who give readings of early chapters of their upcoming book in signings. A lot of the material read out loud might not end up in the finished book. Books, games, and movies can and will be subject to numerous revisions on the course of the development. That's why it's called development.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
My highly sophisticated speculation of the events is that CPD or whatever was wasting time by making the extended edition when they could have started a new game and played off the same fans that bought the original and liked it. Doing an extended edition so soon after the original just seems kind of meh to me and then comes up the discussion of doing a port of it to consoles with new added shit. The game would have been destined for under the radar failure anyways.

Seems kind of childish thinking that your game is so good that your going to keep working on it to make it even better. ITS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER.

GOsh i dont even know.

Volourn said:
"Though in all seriousness for now it seems that WSG are to be blamed. Ill bold: for now it seems. But will see how will the drama progress. Seriously WSG aint no Troika to be forgiven for missing their milestones."

Where's the proof? All I've seen is the classic case of 'he said, she said'. Just a bunch of accusations but no actual evidence.

They're both at fault. FRY THEM ALL!

volly.gif

atlusthedarkspiremodern.jpg

MetalCraze

Arcane
POOPERSCOOPER said:
My highly sophisticated speculation of the events is that CPD or whatever was wasting time by making the extended edition when they could have started a new game and played off the same fans that bought the original and liked it.
Except they were making a generic patch (apart from minor content that would've gone in a console version anyway), like every other developer (even Obsidian did more with a generic patch for NWN2 yet they weren't calling it something retarded like EE). CDP just called patch 1.4 with a buzzword.
Are you suggesting devs should stop making patches especially for such programming fuck ups like TW was?

Shannow

Waster of Time
So this has come to my attention on RPGWatch. I'll take the liberty of adding a few comments in red:
After recent technical evaluation of The Witcher: Rise of The White Wolf, CD Projekt RED has decided to suspend development of the project. This decision was made because the company saw a high risk that the final product will not meet the quality expectations of CD Projekt RED. We have already started to look for other possible solutions to address this situation.

A comment from Adam Kici�ski, CEO of CD Projekt RED:
“This decision was one of the hardest we’ve ever had to make as a company. We have put our hearts, a lot of our time and energy into this project (by outsourcing it). Because of that, development was in a very advanced stage (because we outsourced it). However, there was serious danger that we would miss our target release date, but more importantly to us, that the project would not meet our own expectations of quality (because we outsourced it). Our main goal is always to make every release better than the previous one (by outsourcing them). Unfortunately, this project was not going in the right direction (because we outsourced it). We are now looking into all possible scenarios, and we will do all we can to retain our fans’ confidence in us (outsource it to a studio that can actually port a game. The most difficult task in all of game development.). We simply will not let them down; the quality of our games remains the highest priority.”

Since The Witcher’s release in October 2007 most of the CD Projekt RED team has been working on another major project. Information about this title will remain secret for the time being.

CD Projekt RED will reveal the new project in the coming months.

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Rise of the White Wolf has been cancelled in CDP RED. Lost (hammer icon) has been converted to (number)(gold icon).

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
MetalCraze said:
POOPERSCOOPER said:
My highly sophisticated speculation of the events is that CPD or whatever was wasting time by making the extended edition when they could have started a new game and played off the same fans that bought the original and liked it.
Except they were making a generic patch (apart from minor content that would've gone in a console version anyway), like every other developer (even Obsidian did more with a generic patch for NWN2 yet they weren't calling it something retarded like EE). CDP just called patch 1.4 with a buzzword.
Are you suggesting devs should stop making patches especially for such programming fuck ups like TW was?

No, I was saying that they shouldn't be working on a wiz bang edition of a game they just finished. I don't get what you mean by generic patch? Even if it was a generic patch it was fairly big and they had to put in effort to make it the extended edition and have a production run of that nigger.

MetalCraze

Arcane
POOPERSCOOPER said:
No, I was saying that they shouldn't be working on a wiz bang edition of a game they just finished. I don't get what you mean by generic patch? Even if it was a generic patch it was fairly big and they had to put in effort to make it the extended edition and have a production run of that nigger.

You are forgetting that all the stuff they've put in 1.4 patch was made for a console version of the game anyway, they weren't putting any effort in it, they just threw at PC gamers something better that consoletards were getting regardless at the time. I've seen much better patches that weren't accompanied by a ridiculous dosage of hype.

Self-Ejected

BeholderX

Self-Ejected
Elwro said:
You haven't played Civilisation?

Maybe he just played Alpha Centauri once and promptly forgot all about its inbred, bucktoothed extended family :)

(fun fact: AC is the only civ-style franchise that was never ported to any console. Coincidence? Don't be a retard.)

Monocause

Arcane
Skyway, just a question: do you never get bored? Everyone on this board knows your opinion on TW, and every time you restate them you produce pretty much the same response from others.

I mean, I remember at least five topics where you bashed TW for bugs, C&C and other things. It's not like you provide different arguments or people react differently each time; you just seem to like repetition. Ever considered getting a WoW account?

Micmu

Magister
Yeah c'mon Skyway. Let's buy WoW and let us be the best grind-buddies!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom