Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

More NWN2 and BG3 rumors

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Gromnir's not-so-unique arguing style is based on ignoring facts and any attempts to explain and inform him about said facts.

Gromnir

Liturgist
we wrote a whole paragraph huh? and you writes a whole paragraph in response. not really saying much

vd ain't discussing facts at all... just wants to talk 'bout Gromnir. that ought to tell you something. he gets handed his arse when he talks issues, so might as well steer clear of anything that he might have to back up, right? even makes an issue out of our use of quote function... talk 'bout pathetic.

HA!

oh damn, we spent an entire paragraph on a rather meaningless exclamation.

oh, and vol, as you know, 6 pages in a week is hardly substantial at Bio. your typical "carth is a sweetheart" thread will see ten pages in a week and have to be locked. as we noted already, the nwn 2 thread is hardly as active as one would expect. if a thread should be on fire about bg3 and nwn2, it should be at those boards, no? this board spends dozens of pages on kotor and talking 'bout how awful nwn is, but not much action here... and now all vd wants to do is talk 'bout Gromnir... not even wanna explain his notions 'bout how obvious bg3 from atari was.

HA!

hey vol, you spend much time at obsidian... tell us how many kotor 2 threads has you seen at obsidian and how active is they? big difference, eh?

"It's also posted on various major gaming sites. To say only count major sites is silly. You mean you'll only accept as "major news" if CNN reports it? LMAO"

sorry, but it ain't vol… and a really weak strawman btw. ign finally picks up and is real wary. name another site that has previously announced as news; name a site where folks is actually getting paid to report rather than just game geeks with too much time on their hands. picking up on every unsubstantiated rumor not makes a site a reputable source.

HA! Good Fun!

Vault Dweller

Developer
Gromnir said:
he gets handed his arse when he talks issues
Examples please. And no vague reference and general statements, please, if that wouldn't ruin your style, of course.

Voss

Erudite
So I take it no one has any more info on the rumor?

So can the rest of this shit be taken to a thread like VD vs Gromnir- Round 17, or something?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Nope, all the info was already posted, the rest are speculations, crazy theories, uneducated guesses, and other entertaining stuff.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Grok posts again. That's all that matter. kthnxbye

P.S. Grom., that thead is now at 8 pages... lok at that, it's growing not to mention the other threads that were locked down due to repetitiveness.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Thanks for the tip, Volourn

Here is the new post:

Grok said:
I will say this...making that initial post on April Fool's Day was a terrible idea! What was I thinking? Unfortunately, I wasn't even paying attention to the date. Next time I'll make that post on St. Patty's Day...

Lots of interesting speculation on the board, but keep in mind that's all it is -- speculation.

I'd love to reveal more details about a number of the projects we have in the works, but we simply cannot at the moment. Overall, I think we'll have some very exciting announcements in 2004.

Specific response to Waverly. I'm not really sure what you were trying to say in your post. You seemed to suggest we don't understand what the D&D franchise is about and you couldn't be further from the truth.

Secondly, you seem to suggest that discussing potential projects and recognized licenses in a conversational tone on an appropriate messageboard is a bad thing...again, I couldn't disagree more. I think our Atari forum is a perfect place to get in touch with fans of our various games. And, I suspect most here would agree that they enjoy these kinds of conversations.

If I were to reveal dates, developers, times, features, e.g., an actual announcement about an upcoming title, I would agree that information is better left to a product announcement, but that isn't my goal here.

And frankly, I think it's ridiculous to suggest all of our titles are bad, which is why I posted in the first place -- we've got some fantastic titles from some fantastic development teams.

Dhruin

Liturgist
IGN has spoken to Grok:

Well, now that we're into the working week, we've had a chance to check with that very same Atari PR rep, Brandon Smith, as to just what's going on. As it stands right now, neither title has been officially announced. Rather, the point of his post was to say that Atari owns the rights to both of these franchises (and all new Dungeons & Dragons videogames for that matter), and has no intention to abandon either of them. In other words, even if Baldur's Gate III is not in active development right now, Atari has every intention of producing another Baldur's Gate title for the PC. Further, they know very well that another BG title has big shoes to fill, given the glowing reception that the first two games received from both critics and players. Atari wants to do right by the series.

Can we say that either Baldur's Gate III or Neverwinter Nights II are definitely, officially coming? Not at this time. But Atari knows very well the value of both franchises, and intends to release further PC titles for both. As for possible developers, it looks like much-loved BioWare is not a given for either (possible) title, though whether BioWare ends up being involved or not, Atari also assured us that new Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights titles would get the attention of a top-level developer.

While none of this is the solid announcement we want for either game, it's reassuring news for fans of the franchises, and for PC RPG titles in general. Look for more updates just as soon as we get them.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/504/504198p1.html

Make of it as you will. It seems Atati *hopes* to do BG3 and NWN2 but the wording avoids saying they are *not* in production. Anyway, I have to go do the sorts of things geeks with too much time on their hands do.

Gromnir

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Gromnir said:
he gets handed his arse when he talks issues
Examples please. And no vague reference and general statements, please, if that wouldn't ruin your style, of course.

hypocrisy, thy name is vd. you is the fella that never wants to stay on topic... wanna just get to the infantile and generalized "you are a jerk," crap that represents the majority of posts 'round these parts.

now you wants a list o’ interrogatories? if Gromnir was displaying insecurity by responding to your silliness, then we wonders why you suddenly want in-depth analysis. can’t help but wonder if vd is projecting, maybe he is really insecure? (since rhetorical questions has suddenly become sacrosanct at rpg codex, you can look upon the previous query as just that… let us see how you deal with the ridiculous Gordian knot you tangled self in.)

nevertheless, just look back in this thread. first we point out your clearly feeble attempt to draw parallels 'tween announcement that atari would be doing d&d games in the near future and the revelation that bg3 and nwn2 was currently in development. you then note that nwn2 and bg3 was the OBVIOUS games referenced by grok. HA! Gromnir points out the ludicrous nature of that statement, and now all you wants to do is talk 'bout Gromnir being a jerk or his misuse of the reply/quote function.

whadda yutz.

and vol, quadruple the one bg3/nwn2 thread at bio and it still comes up far short of the carth threads… the epic clerics thread has 10 pages... and as we note, obsidian, w/o such a feeble announcement, has gotten far more mileage from kotor 2… so to say say that this was done to create some wave o’ pr is kinda silly, no? the response has been relatively meager, and very jaded... and ain't near the kinda reaction we would expect to see from a major announcement... one that only vd in his diseased mind could think was forgone. atari doing bg3 at this time? heck, sean k. thought ip still had bg rights as of a few days ago.

btw, it is interesting to note how grok has taken a big step back from his statement on the atari boards a couple days ago... ain't it?

HA! Good Fun!

Voss

Erudite
Ha! Looks like my first instinct was correct.

Let the bitching, whining and gnashing of teeth commence!
:twisted:

Spazmo

Erudite
In all fairness, Gromnir, Sean K. Reynolds thinks cake talks to him. He's about as relevant to anything as a rock. Not a really useful rock that's full of gold or copper. Just some random stone at the bottom on the ocean.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Gromnir said:
hypocrisy, thy name is vd. you is the fella that never wants to stay on topic... wanna just get to the infantile and generalized "you are a jerk," crap that represents the majority of posts 'round these parts.
What are you talking about it? I never stay on topic? Posts "around these parts" are mostly "you are a jerk"? That's coming from a person who disregards any arguments and facts and keeps repeating his nonsense no matter what.

then we wonders why you suddenly want in-depth analysis
You've made some claims, and in the best traditions of this site, I want you to back them up, which is something you've rarely done before.

nevertheless, just look back in this thread. first we point out your clearly feeble attempt to draw parallels 'tween announcement that atari would be doing d&d games in the near future and the revelation that bg3 and nwn2 was currently in development.
Gromnir, once again, you are twisting the facts. The first announcement was not that Atari would be doing some dnd games in the future, but that they have new NWN in the works and would make two big announcements at E3. Hopefully, you do realize that announcements are made only when games are already in development and there is something to show. Later Grok named these projects, so yeah, it was very similar. I said it to you before, yet you brought it up again claiming that you pointed something out. What? Where is the reply where you proved to me or anybody else who's paying attention that my parallel was wrong?

you then note that nwn2 and bg2 was the OBVIOUS games referenced by grok. HA! Gromnir points out the ludicrous nature of that statement, and now all you wants to do is talk 'bout Gromnir being a jerk or his misuse of the reply/quote function.
Once again, where? Your exact reply was
"your bg and nwn notions is... amusing. any number of d&d games has been released by info in the past few years. none of them has been bg games, and while a number of games has been nwn related, 2 of the three was expansions. it is well known that bio ain't doing anymore d&d games for a while. the bg rights has been up in the air and the subject of much argument for months now, and you make sound like the recent announcement was a forgone conclusion? "
You call that an argument? Basically what you said was, since they haven't done any bg games out of the whole 2 dnd games (4 with expansions), there is no way they will do it now. Does it make sense to anybody? Same with NWN2: bio doesn't deal with dnd games anymore. Anymore since when? Since Trent made some comments on NWN2 editors? Gromnir, you're so fucking stupid, it's not even funny anymore, it's sad.

is interesting to note how grok has taken a big step back from his statement on the atari boards a couple days ago... ain't it?
Big step? What big step? Are you an idiot? (that's a rhetorical question, btw). IGN didn't quote Grok, and just posted their own interpretations of the conversation assuming the conversation actually took place. Here is what Grok had to say about this:

Gromnir said:
grok seems to have done a bit of back stepping. in a recent conversation with ign, grok noted that he weren't trying to announce bg3 or nwn2 with his stupid april fools post, and in fact noted that no official announcement had been made concerning those titles
Grok said:
Gromnir -- You simply misunderstood what I wrote. When asked to clarify, I did. It can't be that hard to understand
Apparently, understanding isn't Gromnir's strongest point.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Don't insult Voss like that! For a 3 year old his typing skills are pretty damn good. :D

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Voss must be a genius, because I was 9 by the time I hit the 3rd grade!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Sorry, I don't really do that.. duh.. which is my problem. Obviously. :D

Ha, Psilon. :shock:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
And, just to have fun with Grom, the thread at the NWN boards reached 12 pages and was locked due to length (and a way for BIo to stop specualtion; at least temproaray). But, yeah, this isn't worthy as news and such. hehe.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
There will be a BG III long long before you ever see an NWN 2, unless of course NWN2 refers to "Neverwinter Nights for the new Xbox", which will be debuting at a grammar school near you this holiday season.
There is no point in making NWN 2 for PC as Atari and BW have already raped the corpse of D&D and come back for sloppy seconds. Until everyone is running 5 ghz processors with 1 ghz graphic cards and D&D has shipped the 4th "real time" edition what's the point?
Baldurs Gate III : The Passion of the Christ, The new D&D MMORPG ought to satisfy the masses for a few years.
As long as none of these fucking morons make Fallout 3 the start of apocalypse will be delayed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom