Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mordheim - turn-based tactics in the Warhammer universe

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Players manage a warband made up of a few different units, plus one special "impressive" unit - a larger fighter which deals a lot of damage.

As recent fan of necromunda this osunds like some heresy to me but otherwise omg

Destroid

Arcane
Players manage a warband made up of a few different units, plus one special "impressive" unit - a larger fighter which deals a lot of damage.

As recent fan of necromunda this osunds like some heresy to me but otherwise omg

Necromunda has the same thing with heavies and scalies.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I was pretty sure in all the preview races, not one had been Orky mentioned.

Say what you will about Games Workshop, but at least Orks, in both Fantasy and 40k, fucking rock.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I looked it up, there's 4 races, and orkie boys is not one of them. There's skaven, humies, womyn humies, and cult humies.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Original Mordheim box had human warband + skaven, so that kind of makes sense.

I liked Necromunda better though. :(

ColCol

Arcane
As part of the early access plan the game will add more races.

Looks like Oblivion with nuns.

badumcrash.jpg

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Four races? Ugh. It's the bloodbowl treatment all over again.

Except that Orks never played much of a role in the world of Mordheim and are in fact not part of the core game. Mordheim is not generic Warhammer, it is a particular scenario/theme. Orks in Mordheim fit about as well as Space Marines in Necromunda. I actually consider the exclusion of Orks a feature.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
We tried introducing spehss mehreens to Necromunda once for a one-shot. (Using the statline for Chaos Space MArines in one of the supplements). 3 kitted out gangs vs 3 spehss mehreens. Needless to say, our gangs were wiped out. My gang leader managed to injure one of the SMs with a point blank overcharged plasma pistol shot which took my leader out with it. Other than that, our shots either missed or bounced harmlessly off their power armour.

Last edited:
Actually orcs/orks (and goblins) were officially added into Mordheim later on along with many other races/warbands and I disagree wholeheartedly about them not fitting in as they are probably the easiest GW race to incorporate into anything because of their simple motives. But don't just take my word for it here is what GW said in 'Da Mob Roolz':

Orcs enjoy fighting and looting more than anything else.
Because of this, an Orc’s life is spent in constant battle – either with
his fellow Orcs or some other enemy. With its wealth of opponents and
loot ready for the taking, Mordheim offers the perfect opportunity for
an aspiring Orc Warboss to prove himself.

If they only implement four warbands at start at least two of the warbands featured in the original rulebook will be left out. Although Witch Hunters are an understandable exclusion as they are quite similar to the Sisters, the Undead warband of vampire flavour would have been a nice addition. Also has there been any word whether or not one can choose where their Mercenary warband hails from?
In the end whether or not they add only four at start doesn't really matter because if and when the game sells well enough they are sure to make dlcs galore.

Destroid

Arcane
Running around like a 3rd person action game in a squad based tactics game looks incredibly retarded. With all the animations and graphics flash it looks like they wanted to make an action game instead.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
not using tabletop mordheim mechanics? :decline:

suddenly I have a lot more respect for Cyanide and their Bloodbowl

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Heh, now I certainly see why some previews mentioned Valkyria Chronicles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom