Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Silverfish

Arbiter

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Seething Bazelguese is ded. First attempt (I'm not counting the one last night because I needed to go to sleep and just closed the game after the first cart). Did it all by meself. Not to prove anything, just did it because I could. After I got carted the 2nd time I had a Giga Chad moment and charged at him with zero buffs.

Actually it was out of stupidity because I thought I had him weak enough to capture. Nevertheless I got him near death and captured his punk ass. Come at me hater faggots. Fuck yo flinch shot.

I'm pretty sure I play better when I don't think. With Velkhana I spent like an hour prepping and thinking up strategies. This time I just went in with a YOLO attitude and it was about 50/50 of him kicking my ass and me kicking his ass.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Blackveil Vaal Hazak is ded. Not gonna brag about this one. I went into the fight treating it as a joke and it was. Just a beefed up version of the lamest and easiest elder dragon. He did manage to cart me at one point because I was just mindlessly whaling on him and not paying attention to my health bar. Still a clown boss.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Blackveil Vaal Hazak is ded. Not gonna brag about this one. I went into the fight treating it as a joke and it was. Just a beefed up version of the lamest and easiest elder dragon. He did manage to cart me at one point because I was just mindlessly whaling on him and not paying attention to my health bar. Still a clown boss.
If it was such a joke why did you die to him Mr blog poster? Did you get carried by coop again?

Cheesedragon117

Educated
I can already tell you're going to be caught completely off-guard by Tempered Blackveil in some of the later optional quests...

Here's a quick tip: As long as you take 2 points of Effluvium Resistance, you can completely ignore the third point. Why? Because by the time you take enough hits from Blackveil to be inflicted with Effluvium even with Effluvium Res 2, you would have either been stunned or outright fainted anyway.

Seems simple, but this tends to fly by most players, since Effluvia is one of the very few status effects that uses a Dark Souls-style buildup system instead of being inflicted immediately.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Here's a quick tip: As long as you take 2 points of Effluvium Resistance, you can completely ignore the third point. Why? Because by the time you take enough hits from Blackveil to be inflicted with Effluvium even with Effluvium Res 2, you would have either been stunned or outright fainted anyway.

Seems simple, but this tends to fly by most players, since Effluvia is one of the very few status effects that uses a Dark Souls-style buildup system instead of being inflicted immediately.
I'd just go in with effluvia immunity and stun immunity and not have to worry about either of those things. That's typically how I've been dealing with every Iceborne monster that uses ailments. I have some evasion and affinity built up now as well. Feels a bit OP. I wish I had points in evasion when I was fighting Velkhana. Something tells me he would have been alot more managable.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I did find it amusing that the most powerful ability in the game, the x4 regen you get on the vaal hazak set, comes from what it certainly the easiest of the elder dragons to farm. I assumed it was on purpose.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I did find it amusing that the most powerful ability in the game, the x4 regen you get on the vaal hazak set, comes from what it certainly the easiest of the elder dragons to farm. I assumed it was on purpose.
Interadasting. I didn't bother to check out his armor set last night. It does look rather appealing indeed. Does that 4× regen work with the health booster? That could make you borderline invincible.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Not sure about the health booster, but it works with the 'yellow health' you get from being damaged shortly after eating the astora jerky. With the x4 regen, that stuff is incredibly strong and the animation of using it is way faster than a potion. Even better if you use it alongside the temporal mantle so you can safely regen the health even while very heavily injured.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
SOS flares are off the table. Had a couple losers drag me down and make me lose a fight I was 100% going to win. I'm done with the peons. Jules is all I need.

Wasn't story related. I'm farming Vaal and these faggots got carted somehow. Jesus. I thought coop would make the farming process faster but in this case nope.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Namielle is ded. I cheated right from the get go for a couple of reasons.

1. It lives in the most poorly designed and annoying area to traverse in the entire game. The moment I realized where I was going to be fighting him/her/xir I said "fuck you game".

2. It's a member of the LGBTQ+ community so I wanted to make sure it was killed immediately. I was taking no risks on this one. I wont be fighting it again, ever. I also wont be wearing it's disgusting skin.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Is there a trick to the steamworks? The minigame is insufferable, yet it's difficult to pass up on the free items. It's just a stupid fucking slot machine where you can't win real money. I'm tired of hitting the same 3 buttons in random succession. It's mind-numbing.

Elttharion

Learned
Is there a trick to the steamworks? The minigame is insufferable, yet it's difficult to pass up on the free items. It's just a stupid fucking slot machine where you can't win real money. I'm tired of hitting the same 3 buttons in random succession. It's mind-numbing.
If you reach overdrive once you unlock auto mode. IIRC you still need to hold R2 but its much faster.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Ruiner Nergigante and whatever the fuck that last thing is are both DED!

First attempt, only one cart.

iCPRZF.gif

That's enough of MHW for a while I think.

I'm gonna give Rise another shot even though it's vastly inferior in every way except maybe traversal.

Last edited:

Cheesedragon117

Educated

You're joking, right? Vaal's Super Recovery is one of the weaker set bonuses in the game. It can certainly save you some time spent drinking Potions, but it's far from "the most powerful in the game", quite far in fact.

Hell Swarm

Educated

You're joking, right? Vaal's Super Recovery is one of the weaker set bonuses in the game. It can certainly save you some time spent drinking Potions, but it's far from "the most powerful in the game", quite far in fact.

Tigrex free meal is ridicolous. And that's not even elder dragon.
Free meal is really underestimated. When you get free max potions and shit it really adds up to a lot of healing.

Perkel

Arcane
Free meal is really underestimated. When you get free max potions and shit it really adds up to a lot of healing.

Moreover it is chance based not deterministic. I had so many times when i popped like 20 potions and i looked back at counter with 10 still there...

Damned Registrations

Vaal's Super Recovery is one of the weaker set bonuses in the game. It can certainly save you some time spent drinking Potions, but it's far from "the most powerful in the game", quite far in fact.
It's not the super recovery that's the good part. It's nice on long missions for healing a bit while chasing a monster or keeping you topped off, but the real benefit is the 3 levels of recovery speed up. Base regen of red health s 2 per 3 second. With the skill it's 8. With astera jerky or a similar item on top, it's 16. If you've got a hunting horn buff (there's a palico one too) that can stack up to even more ridiculous levels, but ~5 health per second is already bananas.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Vaal's Super Recovery is one of the weaker set bonuses in the game. It can certainly save you some time spent drinking Potions, but it's far from "the most powerful in the game", quite far in fact.
It's not the super recovery that's the good part. It's nice on long missions for healing a bit while chasing a monster or keeping you topped off, but the real benefit is the 3 levels of recovery speed up. Base regen of red health s 2 per 3 second. With the skill it's 8. With astera jerky or a similar item on top, it's 16. If you've got a hunting horn buff (there's a palico one too) that can stack up to even more ridiculous levels, but ~5 health per second is already bananas.
By that point in the game monsters are either wombo comboing you to death or you're not being hit. Regen is great if you're not being killed instantly.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

It seems pretty fooking good based on the little time I spent using it. Combined it with the heal booster + astera jerky and the final couple monsters (story) couldn't do much of anything to me.

Elttharion

Learned
Just dont get hit

eh-meh.gif

Being serious on the hardest monsters you will die in one or two hits so might as well use other defensive skills like evade window, evade extender, divine blessing, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom