Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
This elementless jewel does not like to drop. My patience wavers...

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
So Nargacuga just raped the everliving shit out of me. Here I was spending all that time prepping for Barioth being lead to believe the stuff after him would be easy street. No, Barioth was a bit of a pussy. Nargacuga managed to cart my ass 3 times. I'm not sure if the fight was even close. It went on for a long while but that's the first time I felt completely overwhelmed in the game. Massive changes are required.

Perkel

Arcane
Various monsters are easier/harder depending on weapon you use.

Narca is great filter against slowpokes with gunlance, greatsword and it did filter me hard back in the day.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Various monsters are easier/harder depending on weapon you use.

Narca is great filter against slowpokes with gunlance, greatsword and it did filter me hard back in the day.
I think this might be the perfect time to give the GS a break. I read somewhere that Twin Blades work really well against him. The problem is I have very little practice with the other weapons. I've been maining the GS the entire game.

Also I don't think speed is so much a problem. I was having a harder time hitting Barioth. Narg just hits like a truck. I made myself immune to bleed and stacked the fuck out of defence and he was still taking giant chunks of my HP bar.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Narg has been defeated on my 2nd try, no carts this time. I didn't really change anything from my first attempt. I just fought a little less aggressively and played a little more defensively and he was a cinch. Weird. Next man up!

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I killed Glavenus on my first try, got carted once because of his long gay tail attack. He was easier than Narg but also more annoying because all I wanted to do was cut his bitch ass tail off the entire time and it took forever. I got it done though right near the end. I was lucky.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I finally crafted the Jagras Deathclaw II. It's just funny and Ironic to me that the bitch tutorial monster of the entire game also grants you one of the most powerful greatswords in early Iceborne. Goofy shit.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Tigrex now dead. First attempt, only carted once because of stupid shit again. I'm mowing them down.
200w.gif

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I just "beat" Velkhana which didn't feel like much of anything. I got carted twice. His ice attacks wrecked my shit despite having absurdly high ice resistance. Reminds me of the Elden Ring days when you could have 50+ vitality and heavy armor and bosses could still kill you in 3-4 hits. His scorpion style sting attack with his tail was stupid fast. I'm too old to react to that shit. Overall it was a really underwhelming fight because I got my ass kicked and survived, and he just flew away and the quest was over. I could have tried dipping my penis in paint thinner instead. Would have amounted to the same satisfaction. What a bullshit anti-climax.

Machocruz

Arcane
It's better for your mental health if you don't get preoccupied with how many times you cart. I almost put the base game down because I triple carted to Kushala Daora like a scrub dummy. That's after running out of time on the first attempt.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
It's better for your mental health if you don't get preoccupied with how many times you cart. I almost put the base game down because I triple carted to Kushala Daora like a scrub dummy. That's after running out of time on the first attempt.
To be fair Kushala is a prick. I think he's the most legit difficult boss from the base game. Lunastra is a close second. I'm not including Behemoth because he's just bullshit.

Perkel

Arcane
Don't get why people hate kushala. Imho it is one of the better designs. Outright different elder dragon than most. Either way MHW completely nailed elder dragons. In previous games elder dragons were kind of normal monsters but MHW made huge difference in how they behave and how fights feel completely different.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Don't get why people hate kushala. Imho it is one of the better designs. Outright different elder dragon than most. Either way MHW completely nailed elder dragons. In previous games elder dragons were kind of normal monsters but MHW made huge difference in how they behave and how fights feel completely different.
I don't hate Kushala. He's tough but fair. I agree the elder dragons were mostly well done with the exception of Vaal. If you have effluvial immunity he's a total pushover. One of the easiest fights in the whole game. He looks neat but the fight is lame. And if you don't have immunity the fight just feels annoying and cheap. It's bad either way.

Machocruz

Arcane
I did hate Kushala the first go around, now I like the fight*. He is fair aside from the hitbox on his major breath attack. Timing out the first attempt got me aggravated, so the second time I played too aggressively and got stunned+fainted 3 times, and I was in a rush so I didn't restock flashes. Plus I had gone back to SnS to fight EDs for reasons I can't remember, so my DPS wasn't great, reach was garbage; almost timed out on Nerg and Val too.

Vaal is a chump, only trying to keep out of his effluvial nonsense made the fight run long. He got me once with a bullshit breath-attack hitbox while I was running through the toxic water, got stunned, then the water took the rest of my health bar. One of the Kushala stun combos was also from a breath attack that I was visually well clear of. That's when my rage really kicked in.

But still, some days you just don't have it and you cart more than you thought you should, best not to put much stock into it. Uragan carted me more than Nergigante, Teostra, Deviljho (0 times), but is he actually harder than they? I think not.

*Monsters that leave "gifts" around themselves were the main difficulty spike and frustration for me. Kirin (possibly most aggravating of all), Uragaan, and Kushala caused the most faints/timeouts. Bezelguese wasn't hard, but annoying and it took the whole first encounter (almost timing out) to get comfortable with his bomb laying ways, now I love fighting him.

Last edited:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Bazel was a nightmare for me at first but I ran into him so much late in the base game that I got familiar and started wrecking his shit. Once you learn how to avoid his turd bombs he's helpless. The quest where you have to hunt two tempered Bazels was a breeze for me.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Not sure how I feel about this. The clutch claw does feel gimmicky and dare I say OP, but there are some monsters that would be impossible to beat without it, atleast for me. I certainly don't think it ruins the game.

Vorark

Erudite
The "problem" with Kushala in MHW was that poison used to negate its wind for as long as the status effect was active but for reasons (probably to push useless elderseal) Capcom removed this counter, so people resorted to non-stop flash spam and then complained it was a boring monster to fight.

Perkel

Arcane
The issue with clutch claw are mostly imo wall bangs, tenderization is a problem but not the problem as it still requires some proper work to be done and some skill. Wallbangs are just stupid and monsters hardly have any defense against it.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
The issue with clutch claw are mostly imo wall bangs, tenderization is a problem but not the problem as it still requires some proper work to be done and some skill. Wallbangs are just stupid and monsters hardly have any defense against it.
I never use the wallbangs. I think I just forgot how to do it and I don't care to go back to the tutorial. Tenderization seems far more crucial anyway.

Anywho I just killed Shrieking Legiana. I thought it was one of the easier fights in Iceborne so far. If you have the ice resist and earplugs it's pretty much just a regular piss-easy Legiana. It's been so long since I fought a regular one that I didn't notice any new attack patterns.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Fulgur Anjanath is down. Pretty annoying asshole, much like your first encounter with the OG. He's not terribly difficult though.

I'd say he's the third easiest monster I've encountered in Iceborne.

Elttharion

Learned
Capcom heavily improved the clutch claw with patches. It used to be a huge pain in the ass having to tenderize twice with the light weapons and it had a very short duration, now it lasts much longer and you can use a jewel to fix the other issues. Wallbanging is pretty boring and makes no sense but at least its funny. I also quite like the moves they added with the clutch claw, specially the lance counter claw and the hammer one that sends you flyin towards the monster. Imo it was a good addition to the game but damn if it wasnt annoying as a bow main when the expansion launched.

Machocruz

Arcane
Another reason I chose to run through the base game alone. Wanted to experience the default combat without the supposedly op clutch claw.

Elttharion

Learned
Another reason I chose to run through the base game alone. Wanted to experience the default combat without the supposedly op clutch claw.
Do you have the DLC? If you have it installed you will have acess to the new moves and the majority of them dont use the clutch claw. Its definitely OP in the base game tho, wallbanging alone is a huge damage boost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom