Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

ArchAngel

Arcane
Guys, let's not forget that the game is not funded yet.
Anyone got a friend or two willing to part with $9k?
:rpgcodex:
I am 100% sure it will get its base funding. I was actually looking forward to the 60k stretch goal, the game will be kind of empty without that :(
Whalenought_Joe Any chance you can switch around the 50k and 60k goals? :D We can always put our own cyberpunk music while playing the game but we cannot put our own voices for the characters...

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Still hoping for a Harebarined shoutout to tap into their legions of Shadowrun and BattleTech fans. Somebody should really get to work on that. +M

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
The new updated face is cool - 3D pixel art!

The animation somehow warped me back in time, it reminded me of the Prince of Persia (the original...) animation with more detail and an extra dimension, or something.

That aside, i just noticed this game today, looks promising.

Mortmal

Arcane
31 k only, well.. Time to spread the word on other forums guys, 9 days its a bit short, better to be on the safe side.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Still hoping for a Harebarined shoutout to tap into their legions of Shadowrun and BattleTech fans. Somebody should really get to work on that. +M

Or those satellite reign people. No harm asking
Just pinged both. I doubt it'll help, but eh.
Also pinged Frederik Schreiber (Interceptor Entertainment), Olivier Zuccaro (E.Y.E composer) and accidentally pinged John Romero. Let's see if this is going to help in any way. I'm pretty sure at least one of them likes cyberpunk stuff. :shittydog:

Mustawd

In terms of aesthetic appeal, I'd rate them: SitS KS footage > SitS, the actual game > Copper Dreams KS footage.

Congrats on comparing the screenshots of some warehouse to some street full of neon anyway.

Maybe a fairer comparison is the first image on the SitS page vs. the first image on the CD page:

vh8oQ1t.gif
whj1dd6.gif

For marketing purposes, I think one is more effective than the other.
And what about when you compare:
vh8oQ1t.gif

AND
5b50ff4ea30e127c01ec7de3dcf7806d_original.gif

??

I'd say this is a much better comparison. That CD gif is nice.

Whalenought did have to switch from 2D characters to 3D characters after a while in development as well, which is probably why the character design was a little bit behind at the start of the KS

You're right. I should really keep this in mind before just bashing the art. When your time gets cut by a third or in half I'm sure it hurts production.

almondblight

Arcane

Or those satellite reign people. No harm asking
Just pinged both. I doubt it'll help, but eh.
Also pinged Frederik Schreiber (Interceptor Entertainment), Olivier Zuccaro (E.Y.E composer) and accidentally pinged John Romero. Let's see if this is going to help in any way. I'm pretty sure at least one of them likes cyberpunk stuff. :shittydog:

:salute:

Mortmal

Arcane
Just posted about it on star citizen forums, if you want to fetch moby dick, its better to sail to the high sea eh....

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I wish Kickstarter had negative stretch goals so that I could contribute money to prevent the addition of things like voice-acting or multi-player mode.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
They can say something along these lines:
$1kk -- we won't hire Josh Sawyer to balance our systems.
Now gib us some hard cash or expect nothing but banal, boring shit.
I bet Joe is touching his crotch when he thinks of what he can do with THAT kind of money.:positive:

And the game looks so sweet, I wish some PSX homebrew programmers would try to port this game on PS1 so I can play it on my tablet when I'm not in front of my PC. :shittydog:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Is there someone trustworthy on this forum I could send money to via PayPal? Whalenought_Joe can't you take my money and then make the KS payment yourself? Not that my contribution would change much (I would go for the lowest tier + I would cover PayPal fees) but if enough people would volunteer...
inb4
Come to this alley :1up:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom