Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ME3 might just plain suck now.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Christina Norman, lead gameplay designer of the ME series, has left Bioware:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/7649262/8#7697735

Jabba the Pristley said:
I removed Christina Norman from the Twitterinformation section as Christina has left BioWare (she recently got married and she and her husband moved away from Edmonton).

You are still welcome to follow Chistina if you want (she is a very interesting person and a lot of fun on Twitter), but she isn't part of the Mass Effect or BioWare teams anymore, so I removed her info.

So here it is, ME3 will probably suck, although I've heard she was responsible for Ashley's redesign, so I don't really now.

But she's the one that made combat more fun in ME2 and now that she's gone... :M

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Eh, she's just one person... a person with influence, certainly, but the game's direction is already set, they are pretty much building on the success of Mass Effect 2, etc. At this point it's more whatever additions thy make on top of that framework that matters, and this deep in development I imagine most of the design stuff has already been hammered out.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Come someone tell me what this "more fun combat" in Mass Effect 2 is all about?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Another reason why ME3 might suck:

• Mordin Solus recast for Mass Effect 3?

It seems that Michael Beattie will not be returning to reprise his role as Mordin Solus in Mass Effect 3.

Fans of the character have speculated whether the voice found in the E3 2011 gameplay video below was indeed Beattie or simply a replacement. Confirming the news to TGL, Beattie expressed that although he is still interested in the franchise, he is “currently” not onboard to play the character that has become, something of a cult hit:
    You are correct. That is not my voice you heard in the Mass Effect 3 trailer. As you know, I had a blast “giving voice” to Mordin in Mass Effect 2 and would love to reprise my role in ME3. However, as of this writing, I have not recorded anything for ME3 nor have I signed a contract to do so

With Beattie recast, Jack Wall not composing it and rumours of the much-respected Ginny Mc Swain STILL not part of the project; we’re becoming increasingly worried by the day.

We’ll see what EA have to say about the whole thing.

What is BiowarEA using all those dollars for? Is designing Ashley's boobs that expensive?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If Weekes left, i'd completely abandon the entire series, period. Anyways, don't know much what she did before, so oh well.

SHEPERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yeah:

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
waywardOne said:
Rats fleeing the sinking ship.
I was going to point out your error in counting, but then I realized that you obviously must have thought that it would take many rats to make up the mass of a single person. Instead I'll point out that the rats are leaving a lucrative and successful ship to board a sinking ship (marriage)

J1M

Arcane
Women are lead gameplay designers at bioware? So many things make sense now. Example: Jade Empire.

torpid

Liturgist
Because ME2 didn't just plain suck? :M

Dicksmoker said:
Come someone tell me what this "more fun combat" in Mass Effect 2 is all about?

Apparently people found ME1 combat so bad that the popamole cover shooting of the sequel was seen as an improvement, but yeah it still sucks.

racofer

Thread Incliner
torpid said:
Because ME2 didn't just plain suck? :M

doomfacelook.gif

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
racofer said:
Another reason why ME3 might suck:
To be honest, the sound-alike is fine. The differences in the performance are extremely minimal, bordering to extremely slight differences in accent and pace (this new guy seems to speak just slightly slower). Of all my concerns, this is way down at the bottom of the list.

Zomg

Arbiter
Damn I bet that shit with knocking out voice actors is EA trying to make everyone know they'll never have strong leverage to fight for more pay for playing recurring characters in these multi-game shared franchises

Christina Norman also explains that in Mass Effect 1 when you level up, it interrupts gameplay and when you pause the game to level up and jump back into the action, you do not know what’s going on.
:salute:
Christina Norman, the woman that couldn't into stats, equipment modding and useful combat magic in space fantasy. We are all diminished by this loss.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I AM TROUBLING FOLLOWING THE LOGIC HERE

ME1 AND ME2 ARE SHIT

ONE OF THE LEAD DESIGNERS OF SHIT LEFT

THIS IS BAD FOR WHATEVER REASON!!>>>??!!

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I KNOW YOU ARE REACHING AND IT IS HARD TO COME UP WITH CREATIVE NEW REASONS WHY BIOWARE GAMES ARE SHIT AND NOW I HAVE BETTER ADVICES FOR YOU

JUST POST THAT ME3 WILL BE SHIT LOLOLOLOL AND YOU WILL GET THE SAME AMOUNT OF CONGRATULATORY POSTS

NOT PICKING ON YOU RACOFER IN PARTICULER THIS IS A PROBLEM MANY CODEX POSTERS HAVE

FOR EXAMPLE SKYWAY COULD JUST POST GAMES ARE SHIT ONCE A MONTH OR SO AS A NEW TOPIC

ever

Scholar
I haven't played the two Mass Effects.

Am I missing out on anything? I don't really like any non Star Wars science fiction. Mainly because of the music. So if Mass Effect has similar music to that found in Star Wars you should inform me cause its the deciding factor.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I AM A HUGE SCIENCE FICTION FAG AND WHILE THE WHOE REAPER THREAT IN MANY WAYS IS KINDA GENERIC AND CLICHE AND NOT EVEN WELL EXECUTEDI THINK THE BASIC UNIVERSE OF MASS EFFECT HAD A DECENT PREMISE AND LORE BACKGROUND

THE WAY THE REAPER SHIT WAS HANDLED IN ME2 IN PARTICULAR SEEMED LAME SORTA OH YEAH AND THE CLIP VS OVERHEATING EXPLANATION WAS LAME

Xi

Arcane
Wait...wait... you mean it wasn't going to suck before? My fucking mind is blown.... Wow... just.. wow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom