Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ME3 + kinect will let you cast lightning bolts by shouting

Archibald

Arcane
Doesn`t look very practical unless you can be very specific with orders in battle which i can`t imagine.

Drakron

Arcane
Archibald said:
Doesn`t look very practical unless you can be very specific with orders in battle which i can`t imagine.

Consider that this is a multiplataform title, would you sink too much money into developing for a Xbox 360 accessory?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Drakron said:
Archibald said:

Consider that this is a multiplataform title, would you sink too much money into developing for a Xbox 360 accessory?
You think they're doing this for free? Microsoft is likely giving EA a dumptruck or two of money for their support.

Drakron

Arcane
sea said:
You think they're doing this for free? Microsoft is likely giving EA a dumptruck or two of money for their support.

How long are you people keep harping "Microsoft bribes"?

Even if Microsoft is giving incentives for Kinetic development in the end EA is the one footing the bill, also if you want to thrown numbers ... Kinetic sold 10 millions as currently there are 55 million Xbox 360 sold, so that means about 1/5 of the potential user base have Kinetic.

You dipshits keep forgetting that are limits, Microsoft support is likely lower licensing fees, free support and the the like ... not throwing a few millions down EA way to pay for development for a title that will also be released for their rivals, even Rockstar did not got such a good deal with GTA IV DLC.

Drakron

Arcane
circ said:
And lower licencing fees would translate to millions. Dipshit.

A Xbox 360 development kit cost about $10.000.

So in order to be a "few millions" they would have to offer EA at least 200 of those to EA, lower licensing fees would only be Kinetic relevant ones as MS is not going to bring back the Xbox into the red.

Also EA would have to "bite it" and considering they decided to bring Mass Effect to the PlayStation and how EA, usually, have a usual neutral position on the Console War they would not start to push towards a system, even when said system is the highest seller.

Apparently you think Microsoft would pay for a Kinetic Only UI and EA would take it for potencial lower costs ... even Microsoft is not pushing for Kinetic Only as Forza 4 only uses Kinetic to look at the car and that is a Microsoft title.

You think it takes millions to implement Kinect? I doubt they would even be considering it if it cost EA more than $100k worth of development time and resources. I also highly doubt that Microsoft would be only paying them money, they almost certainly have a bunch of developers experienced in the stuff on hand to help out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom