Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ME3 + kinect will let you cast lightning bolts by shouting

TNO

Augur
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY7S3_08 ... 77DA2AB277

My favorite part of this video is where the combat starts and the guy starts shouting "concussive shot!" "Singularity!" It seems to me this idea is irredeemably bad.

inb4 "Take this ME3 shit to general gaming"

(Surprised there hasn't been any news about this awesum title at E3, etc. etc.)

[Insert obligatory sex scene jokes: "groan lustily to continue", etc. etc.]

Black

Arcane
Re: ME3 + kinect will let you cast lightning bolts by shouti

TNO said:
inb4 "Take this ME3 shit to general gaming"
But... it is in general gaming.
Take this ME3 shit to retardo, where it belongs.
:smug:

Edit: hehehe, DOCTOR Ray Muzyka.
Nowadays you only need to bullshit and make shit games to become a doctor!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I can imagine a Codexer playing this game with all that Kinect voice shizzle.

Ship crewman: Commander Shepard, we neutralized the guards. What do you want us to do next?
"Rape!"
*nothing happens*
"Rape! Rape, I say."
Shepard: I think we should move onward and secure the next area.
"No! Rape!"
*combat starts, Shepard hides behind cover*
"Rape!"
*Shepard turns around and throws a grenade bouncing off a wall landing at his feet*
"Rape! Alien sex!"
*grenade explodes, removing the shield off Shepard*
"No! Rape!"
*Shepard runs out of cover and dies*
"Rape!"
*Continue/Quit screen*
"Rape it all!"
*Main menu*
"Rape!"
*exits*

Commander Xbox

Learned
The best thing about that video is the gasps of amazement when Shepard does his energy sword melee attack thing :lol:

gamers are fucking retards

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The funny part is that using the gamepad/keyboard is significantly faster and easier.

Phelot

Arcane
"KILL ENEMY"
"KILL ENEMY"
"PUNCH NPC"
"HAVE SEX WITH NPC"
"HAVE SEX WITH NPC"
"HAVE SEX WITH NPC"
"HAVE SEX WITH NPC"
"HAVE SEX WITH NPC"
"KILL ENEMY"
"HAVE SEX WITH NPC"
"HAVE SEX WITH NPC"
"WIN GAME"

Multi-headed Cow

"Hey kids, be sure to ask me about sex."
"HEY GUYS LOOK I HAVE SEX"
Phelot, do you find playing games like Mass Effect prepares you for touching a boob in real life? If I play enough Dragon Age 2 will I be able to know the touch of a woman and engage in a romance in the meatspace?

The guy they have they have introducing the shit is apparently a co founder of Bioware, interestingly I heard that they were basically a bunch guys that quit their day times job to make a DnD computer game they way they wanted to. Sure it was not the best game, but it was still clearly a work of love. These days I guess they are all just in it for the money, though who can blame them they must make some pretty sweet cash ripping of retards.

Also the co founder guy has all the charisma of a stone. :M

circ

Arcane
Re: ME3 + kinect will let you cast lightning bolts by shouti

TNO said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY7S3_08FPM&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP2EED4577DA2AB277
CHOICES WITH CONSEQUENCE. REALLY? IN A BIOWARE GAME?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Reminds of of that accessory for N64 that allowed you to play games with your voice. PROTIP: it fucking sucked.

Fo9r more information refer to the AVGN video reviewing those wacky accessories.

Bahamut

Arcane
sea said:
The funny part is that using the gamepad/keyboard is significantly faster and easier.

And it doesn't make you look like a retard

Phelot

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
"Hey kids, be sure to ask me about sex."
"HEY GUYS LOOK I HAVE SEX"
Phelot, do you find playing games like Mass Effect prepares you for touching a boob in real life? If I play enough Dragon Age 2 will I be able to know the touch of a woman and engage in a romance in the meatspace?

In most cases, when I am dealing with the opposite sex, I envision one of three things that I can possibly say. These options appear as a single word or a short sentence, but when I pick one, I never know what I'm going to say. All I know is that one of them causes me to punch the woman while the other causes sex to occur. The third allows me to walk away from her.

From what I understand, ME is like this, though I've only briefly played ME1.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
phelot said:
In most cases, when I am dealing with the opposite sex, I envision one of three things that I can possibly say. These options appear as a single word or a short sentence, but when I pick one, I never know what I'm going to say. All I know is that one of them causes me to punch the woman while the other causes sex to occur. The third allows me to walk away from her.

Stop projecting your dating/sex life.

In all seriousness, Dragon Age 2 also does this, though it's quite a bit more retard about it. I guess the developers can't fit in all the text in such a small wheel, so they do the small blurp. God forbid they cut out the text and switch to "Happy, indifferent, asshole picture wheel" choice system.

Didn't Konami release a headset for the nintendo which you shouted "fire" at in order to... yeah... fire?

Yeah, they do. I own one of those to this very day, and it's the definition of ass! So yeah, Microsoft... you sure know how to be innovative, taking ideas that are 20+ years old and selling them.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm blown away...this is the future of RTS.

Kraszu

Prophet
RK47 said:
I'm blown away...this is the future of RTS.

Yeah talking commands is so much better then using key short-cuts, so much more immersive. :roll:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Meh, I'll only be interested if ME3 comes with a kinect-collar accessory for extreme grabbing.

Esquilax

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Meh, I'll only be interested if ME3 comes with a kinect-collar accessory for extreme grabbing.

This. BioWare could be taking EXTREME to a new level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom