Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Masters of the Broken World (Eador 2)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So, any impressions after the last patch regarding the AI turn duration? Is the game playable now or should i stick to Genesis?

As expected, it's not a huge improvement yet. (order of magnitude improvements are declared as significant improvements, unless the devs are really humble)

I verified by testing it on an Average sized shard, 4 opponents. Turn times started out at ~10-15 seconds and became longer as the game progressed (25-35 sec @ 30-40 turns in). And this on an i7-2670+8GB in case your're wondering.

Next week's update is reported to have further speed enhancements, but I'd wait a little longer still....

Technoviking

Novice
I'm noticing a huge AI turn boost on a medium 1v1 map. Up to turn 170 and they're only taking around 8-10 seconds each. I haven't even invaded the enemy AI yet (just to see how long the turns are with him at 'full strength').

So at least there seems to be a nice boost for medium maps with one opponent alive. :cool:

mondblut

Arcane
As expected, it's not a huge improvement yet. (order of magnitude improvements are declared as significant improvements, unless the devs are really humble)

Estimated at 10 to 50% depending on the map size. Should be more obvious the larger the map and the more AIs are there.

Heresiarch

Prophet
The music bug is still not fixed. Fuuuuuuuu.... I'm starting to think that it is not a bug, but a feature. The game mixes up the music deliberately.
honestly my advice is the stick to genesis for another 4 months or so.
I keep thinking the game is fine, then i read the patchlogs and realize even more was broken then i thought.

I am confident that they are gonna make it good though. so far they seem quite comitted

Exactly.

Everytime I read a new patch log I am extremely amazed at how there are always at least 2 to 3 game breaking bugs fixed - that's not a good way to make me feel confident to play. God knows how many and what kind of bugs still exist? I'd better wait for a few months.

Bulba

Learned
Yeah, is the only bug that I stil get sometimes, everything else has been running perfectly...
being able to magically garrison hordes of troops into a province turn after turn with no delay whatsoever? And apparently having infinite gold, able to revive and summon heroes and full armies every turn you siege them?

This is NOT a bug... that's the way it was in the origional

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, I hate how they can spawn a huge army in the distant area they just conquered, but then again, so can you... there should be a restriction, that you have to wait one turn with your hero on the spot to recruit an army, not just summon 9 assassins out of thin air..

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone else has the latest patch crashing during the victory screen?

Also, anyone got an idea of the right level to deal with a dragon in the tutorial run, with a berserker?
Thanks.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron

Also, anyone got an idea of the right level to deal with a dragon in the tutorial run, with a berserker?
Thanks.

I don't really think you can kill a dragon with the units you can get in the tutorial run.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Thanks.

I don't really think you can kill a dragon with the units you can get in the tutorial run.

Guess I'm gonna try. Just to see what a dragon is capable of, at least.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
I have, actually. Against shamans(shamen?), of all things.

I know damn well I'm gonna get raped. But then I'd know what to expect.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I have, actually. Against shamans(shamen?), of all things.

I know damn well I'm gonna get raped. But then I'd know what to expect.

Expect rape, dragons are crazy strong. Amazing stats and all that shit. Not very entertaining too...

Kayerts

Arcane
A berserker can solo a dragon on the hardest difficulty setting by around level 25, with purchasable gear. It will, however, go easier if you bring along some disposable chaff to absorb the dragon's shots.

Since you're playing on tutorial difficulty, you should be able to win the fight at significantly lower levels. But since it's the tutorial, you'll still have to do a lot of otherwise unnecessary grinding to pull it off.

Edit: Significantly lower levels, apparently. :)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Crom, I keep forgetting this is the tutorial. Grinding wasn't obscenely bad, just two or three explored provinces.

This game is fun.

EDIT: Lv 15 is high?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Pretty high for the tutorial. I finished the tutorial at somewhere around 7-ish.

Kayerts

Arcane
Level 15 is a bit high for a map that you can easily solo by level 9 or so.

Back in Genesis, I did manage to solo one or two 7-dragon caves with a chieftain, but his gear was maximally stupid.

Livonya

Augur
Patron
Is there any real reason to switch to Masters of the Broken World other than graphics?

I have been playing Eador and enjoying it, but was curious if there was any reason to switch to this new version?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Finally caved in and bought this. Playing now. Manual is decent, tutorial seems to cover the bases.

First question: When do you pick a difficulty setting? Isn't one in the menu, and I wasn't prompted to select one when I started the campaign.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
IIRC you can choose it once you get to the astral map, if not, at the player profile screen you should be able to change it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom