Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Master of Mana

Eyeball

Arcane
Long dead? Hardly.

http://www.masterofmana.com/

You should play the latest beta version. It adds a bunch of cool shit.

it's not an out of memory error or such, i enabled the use of 4 gb ram and also i played caveman 2 cosmos much longer on bigger maps, plus it happens randomly, one of my game reached midgame, this last one stuck on 150-200th turn (i always play on the slowest settings) and also happens on every savegame loaded, it just crashes during next turn calculations regardless of turn, race, game, map or whatever.

soon to be released? last update goes back to january 2012... they definitely take it slow. if it's really "soon" maybe i'll just wait.

Eyeball

Arcane
Check the forums, homie. The guy updating their website appears to have disappeared, but the trusty nerds on the boards are tinkering away at it as we type. Last release was like 2 months ago.

Crash to Desktop / endless waiting time between turns bugs
Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:11 pm

When your game crashes to desktop and this crash is repeatable (you load the savegame and it happens again) or if you click end turn but and no new turn starts (only a "waiting for Civilization" displayed, sometimes not even this), then please post savegame here so that it can get fixed.

ONLY savegames from Master of Mana 1.02

yeah, truly useful and up-to-date.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Wait what this isnt dead? Is there any secret forum or something? I used to check for updates but didnt see any signs of life so assumed this mod died...

Eyeball

Arcane
Crash to Desktop / endless waiting time between turns bugs
Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:11 pm

When your game crashes to desktop and this crash is repeatable (you load the savegame and it happens again) or if you click end turn but and no new turn starts (only a "waiting for Civilization" displayed, sometimes not even this), then please post savegame here so that it can get fixed.

ONLY savegames from Master of Mana 1.02

yeah, truly useful and up-to-date.
Yes, silly me, that's what I get for trying to be helpful.

Fuck you very much, find the latest beta yourself.

i'm a bad (and lazy) searcher.
is there a modmod which adds tons of civs and spells, like fall further did for fall from heaven 2?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
They fixed a lot of stuff in this version, it's great. New system of spell research is especially cool.

Not entirely sure about the guilds though.

Eyeball

Arcane
Or you ran out of resources to build them, perhaps? MoM has now taken a page out of WoW's book, every Building you construct costs resources, making those pissant lumber mills actually worthwhile for once.

Eyeball

Arcane
Yup, I can confirm that I've also played this update and have zero problems constructing Buildings for as long as I have enough lumber or stone or whatever. Adds interesting aspects to gameplay when you gotta actually plan around Building near some Woods and don't just chop it all Down for more farmlands and Herbs are suddenly needed for some VERY powerful Buildings, like the gardens giving +3 happiness and Health costing 1000 Herbs.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Fuck my life, that's a lot of micromanagement. So I shouldn't have "auto workers" turned on?

Eyeball

Arcane
Well, I usually do and consistently win games, but I don't really play above Noble difficulty that often on acount of being a pussy. I don't particularly like some of the autobuilding the workers do, particularly now that Building improvements costs resources as well and they Waste my Wood Building camps providing useless shitty leather when there are unmined iron or copper resources near other cities.

So if you want to steamroll emperor difficulty, you may need to micromanage more?

Protip for resources: nature magic is your best friend. It has a "generate ressource type X" early in the tech tree.

covr

Prophet
Patron
I usually plat at Prince or Monarch difficulty level, but with those changes I will be forced to play Noble or even something lower. Also, I have noticed that priest guild is terribly overpowered due its early access to religion.

Eyeball

Arcane
Noticed that too, actually. I don't like turning religion into a guild tech line, mainly because it's pretty superior to the other lines.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Resources can be annoying, but it depends a lot on which civilization you are, some get huge amounts from their palace, some get basically nothing. Althought I haven't played 2.1, just 2.0 so they might have changed stuff, don't think there was a priest guild before.

The guilds are an interesting idea, but their balance seems rather wonky to me. Banker guild and hunting guild are rather hard to advance, mining is crazy easy.

DakaSha

Arcane
The mod is fuckign pointless at this point. Sephi refuses to actually polish the damn thing, and instead insists on creating new versions, with new features/shit before actually fixing the shit that was wrong with the prior version. (which is his right because its his mod of course)

Maybe its just a long winded prototype, and after he 'has what he wants', polish will follow but as it stands i refuse to waste more time on this shit just to be greeted with either a game breaking bug, or mechanic

covr

Prophet
Patron
I agree. The earlier versions of that mod (Wildmana, or sth) were just polished, balanced and little expanded Fall From Heaven 2. Now it's completely different game, each versions is vastly different. With guilds and constant changing of tech tree/magic tree, it might be impossible to balance game properly.

DakaSha

Arcane
Im all for it being new but its new every update, with no focus on polish

The latest verision is a beta you know. And it is far from "fucking pointless"
Auto workers and noble difficulty? Ha.

Most traits give resource free construction of certain things, choices matter

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom