Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Same old, same old.

Reinhardt

Arcane
aa0.png

Jarmaro

Liturgist
This combat looks... Just look at it, he goes face to face, stands like and idiot and then just moving right and left trying to make it somehow dynamic, while he could just stand. Dunno if this is tank build, but all you need to do is stand and shot.
Camera is strange as well, why character is 60% of screen?
Skills animations looks good, although little numb.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
No way this is polished for release in march, I bet they butchered content for dlc right and left, and it will have a fuck ton of issues.

Luckily frostbite runs on a toaster, so performs de should be good.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Am I wrong or in none of these "gameplays" we've seen cover system? Previous games were pretty much built on this idea, so far we have seen only walking.
They probably rebuilt it beceause of an open-world.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
At least we don't have autopilot in open-world games, so we wouldn't need to travel by ourselves, that border wasn't crossed... Yet.

pippin

ME2 is the game which suffers the most when you don't play it with its dlcs, but it still has the best cnc of the trilogy imo.

Riel

Arcane
ME2 is the game which suffers the most when you don't play it with its dlcs, but it still has the best cnc of the trilogy imo.
Not entirely true, it has a final mission very well designed where you get the feeling your choices mattered, but actually there were no previous choices only a task list to complete (loyalty missions) and then picking the right choices in the suicide mission.
Hey I am not criticizing it, it's the best part of the trilogy, just pointing out it's not really much of a CnC, just good design.

Sorry for the EDIT: Well I always forget about the retarded final boss... but you can forgive it since the rest of the mission is great.

pippin

Not entirely true, it has a final mission very well designed where you get the feeling your choices mattered, but actually there were no previous choices only a task list to complete (loyalty missions) and then picking the right choices in the suicide mission.
Hey I am not criticizing it, it's the best part of the trilogy, just pointing out it's not really much of a CnC, just good design.

Sorry for the EDIT: Well I always forget about the retarded final boss... but you can forgive it since the rest of the mission is great.

It's not just the loyalty missions, you have to care about the ship and upgrade it too. It's surprisingly detailed for a AAA game

http://i.imgur.com/n4QCEnA.jpg

also iirc you can't just save anywhere.

The terminator baby is cringeworthy as fuck, but you don't even fight him directly, iirc. You spend so little time fighting him that I just deleted it from my memory :P

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
ME2 is the game where bioware gave up on even trying to make good RPGs and just went to cover shooter with romances. Fuck ME2.

sullynathan

Arcane
Am I wrong or in none of these "gameplays" we've seen cover system? Previous games were pretty much built on this idea, so far we have seen only walking.
There is cover but combat is supposed to be more dynamic

ME2 is the game where bioware gave up on even trying to make good RPGs and just went to cover shooter with romances. Fuck ME2.
and it was better because of it. ME1 was a bad rpg anyway, what does it say when an action game has better c&c than your game?

J1M

Arcane
Bioware probably couldn't figure out how to add it to the Frostbite engine. It was done for them in Unreal Engine.

Alternative viewpoint: They never wanted cover shooting for Mass Effect, but couldn't figure out how to remove it from Unreal. :lol:

J1M

Arcane
You can change classes at will? :lol:
This leaves them the option of developing some challenging content that tests specific skill sets. It's not a bad design decision in isolation but it needs to be backed up by level design.

Tsukasa Buddha

Liturgist

It's not just the loyalty missions, you have to care about the ship and upgrade it too. It's surprisingly detailed for a AAA game

http://i.imgur.com/n4QCEnA.jpg

also iirc you can't just save anywhere.

The terminator baby is cringeworthy as fuck, but you don't even fight him directly, iirc. You spend so little time fighting him that I just deleted it from my memory :P

There are 3 ship upgrades that failing to do will kill someone. Then there is "assign loyal X expert to X role" that failing to do will kill someone. Don't need a flowchart for that "complexity".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom