Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

pippin

Biodrones have been losing faith since the DA2 vs Twitcher 2 thing, which ended up being so much like Clinton vs Trump that it's a bit scary.

ME3 debacle is something different imo, but when DAI was going to be released there were lots of people saying there was no way it could be any good, and most of them were more excited for Twitcher 3 than DAI. Ironically, some Bethestards are staring to say FO4 was a piece of shit and blame Skyrim for it. This is a weird timeline.

Freddie

Savant
And it will outsell Inquisition.

:negative:
AAA sales weren't so good this year. Lots of titles sold like shit, so anything could happen.
I'm sure it will sell good though, but further decline in quality will result in lower sales, and at some point no amount of marketing is going to help this sinking ship.
Yeah, market saturation can't overwhelm the customer wisdom ad infinitum. Even Apple can't do that so what's there to do but just sit and enjoy the ride?

Latelistener

Arcane
Yeah, market saturation can't overwhelm the customer wisdom ad infinitum. Even Apple can't do that so what's there to do but just sit and enjoy the ride?
It's not the customer wisdom they are up against, but an angry mob from Metacritic.

Freddie

Savant
It's not the customer wisdom they are up against, but an angry mob from Metacritic.
That's just what I was sayng. Most won't like tranny sex straight up in your mind, etc. :smug:

Doesn't really help with getting actually decent SCI-FI RPG, but just opens up the market window. :negative:

sullynathan

Arcane
Bethestards are staring to say FO4 was a piece of shit and blame Skyrim for it. This is a weird timeline.
no one is starting to say that, everyone has been saying that since TW3 released. Look at the ratings of FO4 & TW3 and look at which one won more awards. Both games were compared to each other a whole lot.

Deleted member 7219

BioWare have taken their cues from Bethesda in how to hype their game beyond all believability.

Deleted member 7219

BioWare have taken their cues from Bethesda in how to hype their game beyond all believability.
Yeah, their release schedule too. Its coming in Feb/march but they still cockteasing.

I can't remember BioWare ever having done this before.

Back in the ol' days, Ray and Greg used to sit with game journalists and do some play throughs.

Now EA BioWare are emulating the Toddler by making flashy narrated videos.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Yeah, their release schedule too. Its coming in Feb/march but they still cockteasing.

I can't remember BioWare ever having done this before.

Back in the ol' days, Ray and Greg used to sit with game journalists and do some play throughs.

Now EA BioWare are emulating the Toddler by making flashy narrated videos.

I'm pretty sure Bioware pioneered the 'countdown to a teaser trailer with a countdown to the real trailer' PR maneuver. To be fair though, that was either DA:O or DA2 timeframe, I believe.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DoAhKwDSy35j7qAoKJRjJ6-970-80.jpg

why is that girl so prosperous?
:prosper:

imweasel

Good and informative video. Gets interesting at about 6:50.

Don't buy anything from SJW-Ware.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Well there goes the major somewhat sci-fi ish game next year for me.
There is Prey, but truth be told I am really not that interested in that game either, the storyline sounds like something I have heard dozens of times in sci-fi games before.

J1M

Arcane
Does the male pathfinder also look like a Clayfighter DLC character?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
What more do you want?

To be able to bitch slap a bitch reporter again. That's what I want.
I'm pretty sure there will still be paragon and renegade interrupts that allow New Shepard to do cool moves instead of talking.

Btw, that was a Mass Effect 2 invention.

Maybe for you but I was slapping women around like a man back in ME1.
No, in that game you beat up a woman because she asked difficult questions about your top sectret multicultural enrichment experiment spectre mission and you got upset at all the words.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Only supremely competent artist should be allowed to draw or design average or ugly-looking people. There's a reason artist go for stylized styles that "objectify" people into molds, usually beautiful or idealized types. It is because it is easy.

Prime Junta

That VI's voice. Ow. Like nails on a chalkboard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom